West Antarctic Ice Sheet (WAIS) Could Disintegrate Within Decades

Even after all the proof that volcanic activity has caused the ice melt.

There is no "proof" that volcanoes have caused the ice melt.

Active volcanoes under the ice and you still hold on to the idea that CO2 is causing the problem? How much more stupid can you get?
and he claims it isn't warm above the active volcanoes. not warm. there's fire but no heat. hmmmmmm

Must be CO2 down there beaming the heat back into the volcano
making the volcano warmer.

You think you're going to find steam at the bottom of the Antarctic ice sheet? Every day and in every way, you display your ignorance over and over and over again.

I am certain some amount of ice is being melted by geothermal heat somewhere. But the WAIS is being destabilized by ocean water warmed by AGW.
so you don't think ice hitting magma will steam? hmmmmmmm

You think you're going to find steam at the bottom of the Antarctic ice sheet? Every day and in every way, you display your ignorance over and over and over again.

I am certain some amount of ice is being melted by geothermal heat somewhere. But the WAIS is being destabilized by ocean water warmed by AGW.

I guess he is unfamiliar with the term "sublimation".

he is unfamiliar with a lot. he still doesn't understand what 'observation' means.

Must be warm seawater melting the grounding line further and further back.

Do you even know what a grounding line is? You keep saying it, but I see no evidence you understand what it is or why it is important.

The point at which the ice sheet detaches from the continental surface (headed out). This is the point to which seawater has intruded and where it continues to intrude due to the isostatic depression of the continental surface. Good enough for you Admiral?

Really? You think ice over a thousand feet down will SUBLIMATE? Is that really what you want to say?

The north pole was supposed to have melted a decade ago. When will the bed wetters stop with this bullshit?

I'm beginning to think that it is not possible to participate in a discussion from an AGW denier position without trolling.

I'm beginning to think that it is not possible to participate in a discussion from an AGW denier position without trolling.

You are just as bad as SSDD, only at the other end of the spectrum.

Personally I think SSDD is smarter than you. But I must admit he is deluded. You don't think for yourself so you can't be deluded, just duped. Which you are.

You think you can set ice on magma and not get steam...or melt water run off? Really?

Must be warm seawater melting the grounding line further and further back.

Do you even know what a grounding line is? You keep saying it, but I see no evidence you understand what it is or why it is important.

The point at which the ice sheet detaches from the continental surface (headed out). This is the point to which seawater has intruded and where it continues to intrude due to the isostatic depression of the continental surface. Good enough for you Admiral?

So you can read a definition and post it here...that doesn't mean that you have any idea what it means...much as you can post a graph here, but rarely, if ever know what they say.

How about you square your belief that CO2 is causing the ice to melt in antarctica when it is well known that the southern oceans are cooling and have been for some time...the only place the water is warmer is in the region of the volcanic rift...

Last edited:

Really? You think ice over a thousand feet down will SUBLIMATE? Is that really what you want to say?
so what is it you believe happens when ice hits magma?

You are just as bad as SSDD, only at the other end of the spectrum.

Personally I think SSDD is smarter than you. But I must admit he is deluded. You don't think for yourself so you can't be deluded, just duped. Which you are.

Most everyone is smarter than crick...but I am not deluded.....all observed, measured evidence supports my position...the only thing that supports yours is unobservable, unmeasurable, untestable mathematical models...

so what is it you believe happens when ice hits magma?

He thinks the magma gets warmer if there is any CO2 in the ice...

Forum List

Back