Wearing the Hajib in court - yea or nea?

browsing deer

Silver Member
Jul 11, 2015
in the forrest
First off, I don't really like Muslims that much. But the they are people with rights, and their stadards of modesty, while kind of goofy, are also, in this case, in my opinion, reasonable.

The particulars. Son made off with the family car and was arrested for driving illegally. Mom goes to court to get her car out of impound. The judge refuses to hear her case because she believes it is a religious symbol.

I think the judge is totally unreasonable. She feels the judge is asking her to be naked to get her car back.

That said, even if it a symbol of religion, the judge is totally misbehaving.

The you tube audience is mostly supporting the judge, mostly for xenophobic and racial reasons.
Quebec judge wouldn't hear case of woman wearing hijab
I don't like this lady for multiple reasons, but she is right and the judge is very very wrong

As long as the witness is identified to the judge, jury, defense, and prosecution, sure.

Wearing any sort of rag on your head should be discouraged, but in US courts headgear is not allowed.

No no ninja bitches in the US.

First off, I don't really like Muslims that much. But the they are people with rights, and their stadards of modesty, while kind of goofy, are also, in this case, in my opinion, reasonable.

The particulars. Son made off with the family car and was arrested for driving illegally. Mom goes to court to get her car out of impound. The judge refuses to hear her case because she believes it is a religious symbol.

I think the judge is totally unreasonable. She feels the judge is asking her to be naked to get her car back.

The you tube audience is mostly supporting the judge, mostly for xenophobic and racial reasons.
I don't like this lady for multiple reasons, but she is right and the judge is very very wrong

I read the news account- Judge seems out of line

During the proceeding, Judge Marengo cited Article 13 of the regulations of the Court of Quebec. That article states: "Any person appearing before the court must be suitably dressed."

No reference to head scarves- nor was identification an issue- and apparently Orthodox Jews have been allowed to wear head coverings in court.

It ain't like browsing deer. You have to lay out your case before you post a poll. Exactly what are the variations and significance of the Hajib.

Well in the French province in Canada of Quebec, what did you expect?

Forum List

Back