TEXAS Supreme Court temporarily blocks the woman needing an abortion

A fetus is not a child. She followed her doctor's course of action,
A fetus is as much of a human being as a child. Just as a child is as much of a human being as an adult.

This fetus is a human being and loses no humanity by virtue of not being born. It is an unfortunate victim of some very serious, fatal, birth defects.

Texas Supreme Court temporarily halts ruling allowing woman to have emergency abortion​

I despise Abortions. But I despise many things. I despise stopping an abortion if it saves the moms life.
This is a very unique case in TX where the woman claims she must have one to save her own life.
If this is medically true, then she should be allowed to in this case.

Here however is a problem for me in her getting one. She claims it is due to the unborn and not that it saves her life. That she believes the infant will die anyway.

So in this case she should be blocked.

"
POLITICS

Texas Supreme Court temporarily halts ruling allowing woman to have emergency abortion​

BY JOE RUIZ, CAROLINE LINTON
DECEMBER 8, 2023 / 11:01 PM EST / CBS NEWS

"The Texas Supreme Court late Friday temporarily stayed a lower court ruling that would have allowed a woman whose fetus has been diagnosed with what doctors say is a fatal disorder to have an emergency abortion.

Kate Cox, a Dallas-area mother of two, said she found out last week that her baby suffered from the chromosomal disorder trisomy 18, which usually results in either stillbirth or an early death of an infant. The Center for Reproductive Rights filed an emergency lawsuit Monday on behalf of Cox and her husband."

Why should it be blocked? The baby is going to die. There is not going to be some kid running around no matter what happens. So having an abortion literally doesn't impact anyone except her.

Why should it be blocked? The baby is going to die. There is not going to be some kid running around no matter what happens. So having an abortion literally doesn't impact anyone except her.
Did you rush to judgement claiming her child faced an early death. After I effortlessly studied the problem she has, it is true her unborn may turn out with defects. But do we execute defective people? We do by aborting them.

Did you rush to judgement claiming her child faced an early death. After I effortlessly studied the problem she has, it is true her unborn may turn out with defects. But do we execute defective people? We do by aborting them.
A fetus is not a 'person' under the law.

My wife became pregnant at the age of 36. She requested and was given an amniocentesis to determine if there were any birth defects. Fortunately, there were none, and my baby girl is now 29 years old. Had things turned out differently, my wife and I were agreed that we would not bring a child into this world that would suffer and likely die early. We opposed abortion as birth control like we saw a great deal occurring, but felt it was better than force our child to face a life of misery and pain. Your mileage may vary.

Not much thought given to the feelings or desires of the wife or husband,
who have two wanted childern
and were looking forward to a new addition
Some one on this board called her a bitch.
very Sick behavior

A fetus is not a 'person' under the law.
So, the law changes. They execute persons by laying them on a plank and injecting the person with poison. Beside that is not the issue at all. Her offspring is human in biological terms and she pays a doctor willing to kill her human. This issue is not simply over a female whose doctors explained to her about Trisomy 18. It is a fundamental issue over the right to life of humans.

My wife became pregnant at the age of 36. She requested and was given an amniocentesis to determine if there were any birth defects. Fortunately, there were none, and my baby girl is now 29 years old. Had things turned out differently, my wife and I were agreed that we would not bring a child into this world that would suffer and likely die early. We opposed abortion as birth control like we saw a great deal occurring, but felt it was better than force our child to face a life of misery and pain. Your mileage may vary.
By the time of my last daughter being a bun in the oven, medicine to cover this had advanced a lot compared to my first daughter who is 20 years the senior over her younger sister who now is 37. Both of my daughters have children. The senior daughter has 2 sons. The younger daughter has a son and daughter. Both girls never will have more children.
My last wife, the youngests mom, had those tests. She never said to me if our daughter is defective, I shall kill her. Bear in mind a female granting permission is also guilty as is the doctor of taking human life.
Sure if the infant definitely will die prior to birth, a case can be made that there is no difference in ending the humans life much sooner and is the same as the life ending naturally with no effort by doctors or the woman.

What makes the convicts death a reasonable effort to end the killers life and the baby in the mom is the baby is innocent. Trying to excuse it by changing terms such as baby vs Fetus is not a valid argument. They both are humans.

So, the law changes. They execute persons by laying them on a plank and injecting the person with poison. Beside that is not the issue at all. Her offspring is human in biological terms and she pays a doctor willing to kill her human. This issue is not simply over a female whose doctors explained to her about Trisomy 18. It is a fundamental issue over the right to life of humans.
The law won't change. A fetus does not have the same fundamental right to life a person does.

The law won't change. A fetus does not have the same fundamental right to life a person does.
So you mean all law will be the same thing in all states? It will be interesting if the Supreme Court agrees with me but rejects your claims.

Well, the human body often aborts fetuses that have abnormalities. God's way of saying "abortion is okay", I'd guess.

5%-10% survive after birth.

"Half of the live infants do not survive beyond the first week of life."

So, there's something like a 97.5% chance they won't make it past a week.

"One percent of children live to age 10"

"Though rare, some persons with Trisomy 18 do survive into their twenties and thirties."

"We present a case of a 26-year-old female diagnosed with trisomy 18, well outliving her life expectancy, maintaining a stable state of health. "

"Her past medical history is characterized by severe growth and intellectual limitations; recurrent history of infections, especially respiratory system infections; and a ventricular septal defect (VSD) that was never surgically repaired. She remains in good, stable health and is under close follow-up and monitoring."

So, mostly the woman is going to lose their baby. This isn't an easy thing for people to deal with. If the baby does survive, it's not going to be a great life for that kid. It's going to be expensive for the parents, because as much as you want to prevent abortions, you're not going to pay for the surgery and the care that will be required, are you? Just say "don't have an abortion" and "here's no help, deal with it yourself".

Well, the human body often aborts fetuses that have abnormalities. God's way of saying "abortion is okay", I'd guess.

5%-10% survive after birth.

"Half of the live infants do not survive beyond the first week of life."

So, there's something like a 97.5% chance they won't make it past a week.

"One percent of children live to age 10"

"Though rare, some persons with Trisomy 18 do survive into their twenties and thirties."

"We present a case of a 26-year-old female diagnosed with trisomy 18, well outliving her life expectancy, maintaining a stable state of health. "

"Her past medical history is characterized by severe growth and intellectual limitations; recurrent history of infections, especially respiratory system infections; and a ventricular septal defect (VSD) that was never surgically repaired. She remains in good, stable health and is under close follow-up and monitoring."

So, mostly the woman is going to lose their baby. This isn't an easy thing for people to deal with. If the baby does survive, it's not going to be a great life for that kid. It's going to be expensive for the parents, because as much as you want to prevent abortions, you're not going to pay for the surgery and the care that will be required, are you? Just say "don't have an abortion" and "here's no help, deal with it yourself".
Her family can handle it.

Her family can handle it.

Can they? How do you know? The psychological impact of giving birth means something like 1 in 10 to 1 in 7 suffer post natal depression. Other people struggle.

And what's the point? Just to have a kid that's going to be still born or die within a week?

Forum List

Back