Wall and racism

Okay I give. Liberals suggest he's racist because of the wall, but racist is a misnomer cuz the folks down south aren't a race. They're a mix of color, ethnicity, language, Latino, Hispanic, Caucasian, LGBT and anything else that makes you feel good.

Cool we settled that. Now, how did the libs. come to the conclusion Trump is racist because he wants to build a wall? I thought that was the original message.

If you like I'll start a thread about what constitutes race etc., and how interpretation varies.

That was your original strawman. And that's why I flagged it as such as soon as this thread went up.

Go ahead and start this thread on having no clue what the word race means. Oughta be a hoot.

Oh look at you, you seem to be the only one who knows what anything means.
You're a lightweight kid.

"Latino" isn't a race either, Dumbass [sic]. Both "Hispanic" and "Latino" refer to language. But at least "Latino" is more general [sic] so now you can include Brazilians and Haitians.....

That is not exactly correct.

you know what's interesting? Yuma, Arizona has a wall. there used to be 800 apprehensions of Mexicans trying to cross illegally per day, pre-wall. post-wall, the number is down to 50 a day. bottom line: the wall works! the wall works! THE WALL WORKS!

You can't build a thread on a giant strawman coupled with a compete ignorance of what the word "racism" means.
Well, now I'm curious. Two clear, direct questions:

1. What is your definition of "racism"?

2. Is it "racist" to point out, for example, empirical data such as the percentage of fatherless black children compared to those of other races?

Thanks in advance.

Shore.

1. Racism is the belief that one race is superior/inferior to another race. That simple, really.
The issue here was that (a) the OP tried to equate a nationality with "race", and that (b) he used that to set up a strawman, and thus is making an argument against himself.

2. No. Not unless you then speciously conclude that that data is a direct result of race alone --- then it would be.

you know what's interesting? Yuma, Arizona has a wall. there used to be 800 apprehensions of Mexicans trying to cross illegally per day, pre-wall. post-wall, the number is down to 50 a day. bottom line: the wall works! the wall works! THE WALL WORKS!

you know what's interesting? This board is magic! You can just make up any wacko idea you want, and once you post it on the internet it becomes a true thing. THE INTERNET WORKS!

Okay I give. Liberals suggest he's racist because of the wall, but racist is a misnomer cuz the folks down south aren't a race. They're a mix of color, ethnicity, language, Latino, Hispanic, Caucasian, LGBT and anything else that makes you feel good.

Cool we settled that. Now, how did the libs. come to the conclusion Trump is racist because he wants to build a wall? I thought that was the original message.

If you like I'll start a thread about what constitutes race etc., and how interpretation varies.

That was your original strawman. And that's why I flagged it as such as soon as this thread went up.

Go ahead and start this thread on having no clue what the word race means. Oughta be a hoot.

Yyyyeah unfortunately I learned to read long ago. There's no such thing as a "Mexican race". Doesn't exist.

I can also read the post above yours, which plainly corrects itself on exactly that misuse of the term ------ and then proceeds to revert right back to its own strawman in the next paragraph.

Want me to diagram it in stick figures?

you know what's interesting? This board is magic! You can just make up any wacko idea you want, and once you post it on the internet it becomes a true thing. THE INTERNET WORKS!
Under sniperfire In all 57 states...

Under sniperfire In all 57 states...
All along and keeping your doctor and your current insurance policy that you have?

Yyyyeah unfortunately I learned to read long ago. There's no such thing as a "Mexican race". Doesn't exist.

I can also read the post above yours, which plainly corrects itself on exactly that misuse of the term ------ and then proceeds to revert right back to its own strawman in the next paragraph.

No, I'll just revel in your greatness and marvel that you aren't out saving the world or intercessing for us sinners before God.

i don't gain anything from lying, so you should believe me anyway, but i'll give proof:

Yuma Sector Border Patrol Apprehensions - Infogram, charts & infographics

No, I'll just revel in your greatness and marvel that you aren't out saving the world or intercessing for us sinners before God.

Well thankee kindly but please, 86 the hero worship. That's how we ended up with an orange narcissist in the White House.

i don't gain anything from lying, so you should believe me anyway, but i'll give proof:

Now learn how to do that BEFORE you get called on it.

i accept your surrender.

i accept your surrender.

Hold that thought for when I go create one.

Well thankee kindly but please, 86 the hero worship. That's how we ended up with an orange narcissist in the White House.

No, that's how we ended up with the half black one that just left.

Fair point, but what you right-brain-impaired always leave out of that is that the economy was in the garbage disposal in November '08, so a half-empty bottle of Dr Pepper could have won against that legacy.

Fair point, but what you right-brain-impaired always leave out of that is that the economy was in the garbage disposal in November '08, so a half-empty bottle of Dr Pepper could have won against that legacy.

Surely you understand that the ONE thing he said that was spot on was that we were in a bubble, we are. It's going to burst and it will make the last one look like a picnic.

Forum List

Back