When references are made to institutionalized racism, this is what is meant.

They said they sent 80,000 applications to 100 companies?
Can anyone do math anymore??
We are to believe they sent 800 applications to 100 companies?? 800 to each company??
How many of those applications were tossed out? Ya think maybe someone wondered why they were getting so many applicants?
They said it was around 100 of the nations LARGEST COMPANIES.... but then said "a fifth of the "discriminations" were from "car dealers and retailers"
What? -- car dealerships are in the top 100 large companies???

Can anyone critically read anymore?
A lot of smelly stuff in this "study"
It is not unusual nowadays for a company to receive literally thousands of responses to a job advertisement.

What used to appear in the local paper to a few thousand potential applicants now appear on places like Monster with literally millions of potential applicants. Remember, not everyone reading a newspaper is looking for a job but literally EVERYONE using Monster is.

Your "suspicions" are based on something other than reality.

Bigotry is.

Remember "White Men Can't Jump" when the Black guys were sure the White guy sucked because he was White?

Bigotry is not exclusive to White people but because White people control 90% of the wealth their bigotry is more impactful.

It is a shame but, surely Parents of Color must recognize its pervasiveness and the absolute fact that the name they give their kid will impact how they're viewed socially as they grow up.
Exactly, Black people can be bigots, but it has little to no effect on white people's lives.

I think the lesson to be learned is to not saddle your child with a silly made up name, like Apple Blossom or Shaniqua
I think your name shouldn’t be a factor, which is what im trying to drill down on here. We have no idea if their names played any part at all in the hiring decisions because the study doesn’t address and answer a lot of other questions. They just lay out that people with certain names got hired less, and that makes it racism…there are other questions that need to be answered before we can assign racism as the motive. I’ve laid out those questions in my initial post

You've probably seen it happen or have done it yoursef so I'm not playing the show me proof then when proof is shown deny the proof game.
Except you showed no proof. Nice doubletalk. :rolleyes:

Is some of this due to old fashioned, mouth breathing, ignorant, paranoid racism? That would be a "yes".

Is of this also due to resentment that has been building for decades because some of the tactics used by those who say they're against it? That would also be a "yes".

What are the percentages? Which one of the above is more prevalent? I couldn't tell you. And I don't care.

What I do know is that the two ends of this argument are great at feeding into the other, giving the other all the material they need.
And here is the problem with your opinion, what has been used to fix this was done to counter the racism practiced and whites were never affected. The resentment is the same tyype of resentment that created Jim Crow and separate but equal after slavery. It is the same resentment that allowed the government to continually break treaties with Native American nations. Robert Jones describes this perfectly.

“From its inception, the country’s legal foundations, political architecture, and civic fabric were designed to privilege the well-being of those who declared themselves white at the expense of Native Americans, African Americans, and other people of color. Generation after generation, as the baldest tactics were challenged, white America creatively renewed and reworked this pact to protect ourselves from political disempowerment, economic uncertainty, legal jeopardy, and physical violence. When the weight of the blood spilled by over 750,000 Americans shattered outright slavery, white America picked up the shards, fashioning them into a ramshackle but effective system of sharecropping, lynching, convict leasing, segregationist Jim Crow laws, restrictive immigration policies, appeals to “states’ rights,” voter suppression, and mass incarceration.”

If I want "authentic" I pick a place that is "authentic."
But, to do so because of the race or ethnicity of the owner is, in my mind, as bad as refusing to do business for the same reason.

Quality and value should always win.

And yet there is the link for you to ignore.

And yet there is the link for you to ignore.
Ignore?

Firing a White voice actor portraying a Black character so he can be replaced with a Black voice actor doing an impression of the white voice actor portraying the fictional Black character...

What's the difference between that bit of stupidity and patronizing a business because of the ethnic background of its owner?

Reminds me of the ultra stupid "BUY AMERICAN" crap.

Ignore?

Firing a White voice actor portraying a Black character so he can be replaced with a Black voice actor doing an impression of the white voice actor portraying the fictional Black character...

What's the difference between that bit of stupidity and patronizing a business because of the ethnic background of its owner?

Reminds me of the ultra stupid "BUY AMERICAN" crap.

My link was about a black group saying patronize black businesses. Do you actually read anything presented to you, mouth breather?

My link was about a black group saying patronize black businesses. Do you actually read anything presented to you, mouth breather?
I understand the link.
I disagree with the link

1713886067522.png

Except we don't know the race of the HR employees evaluating the resumes. Many of them could be blacks who don't--themselves--like other blacks. Sort of black-on-black crime.

Or, the black HR employee could have been laughing when reading the retarded black sounding names fabricated by clueless lily white academics trying to sound cool like the coloreds.

A "group of unidentified unverified economists"? Where have they been? Most companies are encouraged (forced?) to hire non white applicants in order to add diversity to the economy.

lol I just looked at some of the so-called black and white names in the research. Some of the names they categorized as black include Reginald, Roderick, Maurice, Patrice, and Lashonda. The first three of those sound British, not black. Patrice sounds white and/or Canadian. I knew a Lashonda, and she was a white redneck. Misty sounds a white stripper.

Forum List

Back