UN tells Israel to let in nuclear inspectors

irosie91, et al,

You may be close, but not that early.

Israel has had nukes for 50 years and never used either the nukes or radioactive materials in war-----(disclaimer -----I am just guessing)
(COMMENT)

The Israeli Nuclear Program has it roots that stretch back to before the country was formed. And after WWII, many believe that the French had help from scientist (from the newly formed Israel) in the construction of the G-1 reactor and UP-1 plant (one for plutonium production and one for reprocessing) at Marcoule Nuclear Site (South-Central France). In the early 1950's, the Israeli scientist had found low grade Uranium near Beersheba, (North of Dimona in the Negev Desert). Additionally, America, under the Atoms for Peace program, gave Heavy Water for the Israeli research reactor at Soreq (15km West of Jerusalem). In 1958, the French secretly began to build an El-102 Reactor in Dimona for the Israelis.

In 1960, the French and Israelis conduct a joint above ground nuclear weapons test in Algeria (Sahara Desert). Then, sometime between 1962 and 1965, 200 pounds of highly enriched uranium disappeared from the Nuclear Materials and Equipment Corporation fuel rod fabrication plant in Apollo, PA. In Intelligence & Security circles it is known as the "Apollo Affair;" and it was commonly believed it went to Israel.

It is believed that the Israelis had a working Nuclear Weapon (one, possibly two) (non-production models) at the outset of the 1967 Arab-Israeli War; built with US enriched uranium. And thus, the reason for the USS Liberty (Navy Technical Research - Intelligence Ship) off the coast. The US was concerned that the Israelis might actually use the weapon.

After the '67 War, Moshe Dayan, approves the formal production program and the Israeli Nuclear Weapons and Research Program goes into a highly accelerated mode.

Most Respectfully,
R

There's a lot of "it is believed" stuff in your post, Rocco. Do you at least have a source for it? :D

toomuchtime_, et al,

Yesterday you claimed Israel attacked the Liberty in an effort to draw the US into the war against Egypt, and now today you claim Israel attacked the Liberty in order hide information about its nuclear weapons program. Very creative.
(COMMENT)

In fact, I did mention the reason for the Liberty's mission in regard to the specific special asset. Back then, Nuclear Weapons were known as "Special Weapons."

Is there any other questions?

Most Respectfully,
R

You are normally a well informed and seemingly unbiased poster so I will treat this as a hole in your knowledge which I will fill with one small fact. By June 8th, the day of the attack, Israel had effectively won the war. Egypt's armed forces were in total retreat. Why then would Israel deem America's involvement necessary considering the risk involved in attacking a US ship?

there are far more holes in the islamo nazi pig reconstruction of the Liberty attack-----one
I find glaring is the claim "israel TRIED to sink the liberty but could not manage to accomplish that task" and the claim that the attack went on for TWO HOURS" nope---if Israel wanted to sink the Liberty ----it would have had no problem doing so-----and the
entire attack was more like 30 minutes since the LIBERTY----we have lots far more than
34 men in tragic MILITARY ERROR accidents and we have lost far more in REAL PURPOSEFUL islamo nazi pig terrorism I would tell you guys about a few of those accidents about which I know details and HOW UTTERLY avoidable they were (like most accidents) but that would be a violation of my oath----- Lots of the accidents were challenged as to BLAME ----keep in mind---one cannot sue without BLAMING someone

there are far more holes in the islamo nazi pig reconstruction of the Liberty attack-----one
I find glaring is the claim "israel TRIED to sink the liberty but could not manage to accomplish that task" and the claim that the attack went on for TWO HOURS" nope---if Israel wanted to sink the Liberty ----it would have had no problem doing so-----and the
entire attack was more like 30 minutes since the LIBERTY----we have lots far more than
34 men in tragic MILITARY ERROR accidents and we have lost far more in REAL PURPOSEFUL islamo nazi pig terrorism I would tell you guys about a few of those accidents about which I know details and HOW UTTERLY avoidable they were (like most accidents) but that would be a violation of my oath----- Lots of the accidents were challenged as to BLAME ----keep in mind---one cannot sue without BLAMING someone

I understand and appreciate your imput and service, Irose, and I'm guessing your Nazi reference is to those who fabricate and promote those Liberty lies. I've read enough of Rocco to believe he's no Nazi and I have a pretty good nose for the scumbags. :D

toomuchtime_, et al,

Yes,

The two countries did not have the same plan or reasoning. Israel did not know the reason for the USS Liberty's mission.

It should be remembered that if the Israelis had used a weapon with US enriched material, it would not take long for the major foreign intelligence activities to get samples and determine it was of American origin.

A case could be made that the US released the weapon.

Yesterday you claimed Israel attacked the Liberty in an effort to draw the US into the war against Egypt, and now today you claim Israel attacked the Liberty in order hide information about its nuclear weapons program. Very creative.

(COMMENT)

Hense the reason that the Presidents of both countries were immediately involved.

• It is probably the reason US President (personally) recalled the air support; and did not want US air anywhere in the region.
  • It is probably the reason that Israel wanted a US footprint.

v/r
R

Some one was going to take samples of the ash after a nuclear explosion and determine the fissile material was enriched in the US? Roco, you need treatment for this.

RoccoR is correct in that the fissile material of any nuclear weapon is unique and basically a finger print as to when and where it was manufactured. :cool:

not really sunni now go home and take a look at your high school physics text

Nuclear MASINT is one of the six major subdisciplines generally accepted to make up Measurement and Signature Intelligence (MASINT), which covers measurement and characterization of information derived from nuclear radiation and other physical phenomena associated with nuclear weapons, reactors, processes, materials, devices, and facilities. Nuclear monitoring can be done remotely or during onsite inspections of nuclear facilities. Data exploitation results in characterization of nuclear weapons, reactors, and materials. A number of systems detect and monitor the world for nuclear explosions, as well as nuclear materials production.

According to the United States Department of Defense, MASINT is technically derived intelligence (excluding traditional imagery IMINT and signals intelligence SIGINT) that – when collected, processed, and analyzed by dedicated MASINT systems – results in intelligence that detects, tracks, identifies, or describes the signatures (distinctive characteristics) of fixed or dynamic target sources. MASINT was recognized as a formal intelligence discipline in 1986. Materials intelligence is one of the major MASINT disciplines (FM2-0Ch9).

As with most MASINT subdisciplines, nuclear MASINT overlaps with others. Radiation survey, under Nuclear MASINT, is an area operation, or will measure the effects on specific people or things. Nuclear test analysis, on the other hand, focuses on the field or reference laboratory analysis of samples from air sampling, contaminated sites, etc.

As with many branches of MASINT, specific techniques may overlap with the six major conceptual disciplines of MASINT defined by the Center for MASINT Studies and Research, which divides MASINT into Electro-optical, Nuclear, Geophysical, Radar, Materials, and Radiofrequency disciplines.

In particular, there is a narrow line between nuclear MASINT and the nuclear analysis techniques in materials MASINT. The basic difference is that nuclear MASINT deals with the characteristics of real-time nuclear events, such as nuclear explosions, radioactive clouds from accidents or terrorism, and other types of radiation events. A materials MASINT analyst looking at the same phenomenon, however, will have a more micro-level view, doing such things as analyzing fallout particles from air sampling, ground contamination, or radioactive gases released into the atmosphere.

Some nuclear MASINT techniques are placed fairly arbitrarily into this subdiscipline. For example, measurement of the brightness and opacity of a cloud from a nuclear explosion is usually considered nuclear MASINT, but the techniques used to measure those parameters are electro-optical. The arbitrary distinction here considers nuclear MASINT a more specific description than electro-optical MASINT.

Nuclear MASINT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
How could the UN ask Israel to do what every other country has to do.
Unlike some on this board, the UN must not know that Israel has a special relationship with God.
Since they are a superior people (again according to some right here on this board) they don't have to play by the same rules as the rest of the world.

Woo ... you certainly have your hate thing on today, Princess. Would you like some music for your whine?
:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo: :eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

No hate thing going on at all. Just stating the truth, and you being an israeli apologists
I know you find the truth hard to handle.

Nuclear MASINT is one of the six major subdisciplines generally accepted to make up Measurement and Signature Intelligence (MASINT), which covers measurement and characterization of information derived from nuclear radiation and other physical phenomena associated with nuclear weapons, reactors, processes, materials, devices, and facilities. Nuclear monitoring can be done remotely or during onsite inspections of nuclear facilities. Data exploitation results in characterization of nuclear weapons, reactors, and materials. A number of systems detect and monitor the world for nuclear explosions, as well as nuclear materials production.

According to the United States Department of Defense, MASINT is technically derived intelligence (excluding traditional imagery IMINT and signals intelligence SIGINT) that – when collected, processed, and analyzed by dedicated MASINT systems – results in intelligence that detects, tracks, identifies, or describes the signatures (distinctive characteristics) of fixed or dynamic target sources. MASINT was recognized as a formal intelligence discipline in 1986. Materials intelligence is one of the major MASINT disciplines (FM2-0Ch9).

As with most MASINT subdisciplines, nuclear MASINT overlaps with others. Radiation survey, under Nuclear MASINT, is an area operation, or will measure the effects on specific people or things. Nuclear test analysis, on the other hand, focuses on the field or reference laboratory analysis of samples from air sampling, contaminated sites, etc.

As with many branches of MASINT, specific techniques may overlap with the six major conceptual disciplines of MASINT defined by the Center for MASINT Studies and Research, which divides MASINT into Electro-optical, Nuclear, Geophysical, Radar, Materials, and Radiofrequency disciplines.

In particular, there is a narrow line between nuclear MASINT and the nuclear analysis techniques in materials MASINT. The basic difference is that nuclear MASINT deals with the characteristics of real-time nuclear events, such as nuclear explosions, radioactive clouds from accidents or terrorism, and other types of radiation events. A materials MASINT analyst looking at the same phenomenon, however, will have a more micro-level view, doing such things as analyzing fallout particles from air sampling, ground contamination, or radioactive gases released into the atmosphere.

Some nuclear MASINT techniques are placed fairly arbitrarily into this subdiscipline. For example, measurement of the brightness and opacity of a cloud from a nuclear explosion is usually considered nuclear MASINT, but the techniques used to measure those parameters are electro-optical. The arbitrary distinction here considers nuclear MASINT a more specific description than electro-optical MASINT.

As I read the article, this technology can identify the source of the data but not the location where the fissile material was manufactured after an explosion.

Unlike some on this board, the UN must not know that Israel has a special relationship with God.
Since they are a superior people (again according to some right here on this board) they don't have to play by the same rules as the rest of the world.

Woo ... you certainly have your hate thing on today, Princess. Would you like some music for your whine?

No hate thing going on at all. Just stating the truth, and you being an israeli apologists

your error is in your statement that ALL OTHERS HAVE TO.....

not true-----Israel did not sign any agreements or treaties to divulge AND
its nuclear program PRECEDED such agreements it goes back to about 1960
(of course I am guessing.....) As to FORCING-----countries force according to
their POWER to do so------The USA does exert lots of power-----but out
goverment is not asking YOUR opionion ---you hate jews fine with
me-------you are in good company-----ADOLF ABU ALI and ACHMADINEJAD

As nuclear peace talks are cancelled, overwhelming vote by general assembly calls for Israel to join nonproliferation treaty

The UN general assembly has overwhelmingly approved a resolution calling on Israel to open its nuclear programme for inspection.

The resolution, approved by a vote of 174 to six with six abstentions, calls on Israel to join the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty (NPT) "without further delay" and open its nuclear facilities to inspection by the International Atomic Energy Agency. Those voting against were Israel, the US, Canada, Marshall Islands, Micronesia and Palau.
UN tells Israel to let in nuclear inspectors | World news | guardian.co.uk

Oh sure... Israel is really going to lower the one line of defense that keeps its so many nutty neighbors in check because the UN thinks they should... Truly laughable! :lol:

I've never encountered a bigoted jackass who wasn't certain about his "truths" and didn't have a hundred excuses for his hate. :D

As SAYIT pointed out, the "truth" you are posting is truth about yourself, and while it may be a problem for you, it's not a problem for anyone else.

You are correct, thank you for pointing out my mistake, If I was to post it over again, I would simply have said "How could the UN ask Israel to do what 189 States/Countries have done. Israel joins only India, Pakistan, and North Korea in not signing the NPT.

Quote: Originally Posted by Desperado

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Desperado's whine about Israel was just a lame excuse to spew his hate for Joooos. :D

You are correct, thank you for pointing out my mistake, If I was to post it over again, I would simply have said "How could the UN ask Israel to do what 189 States/Countries have done. Israel joins only India, Pakistan, and North Korea in not signing the NPT.

In other words, of the nine known nuclear powers in the world, four are not current signatories of the NPT - North Korea did sign the treaty but then withdrew from it. Looking at it this way, Israel's choice not to sign is not so special after all.

Last edited:

When, where and who manufactured it can be determined by a nuclear explosion?

no not really----- radioactive by products are not like PATERNITY TESTS

Forum List

Back