Noam Chomsky: What the American Media Won't Tell You About Israel

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
The savage punishment of Gaza traces back to decades ago.

An old man in Gaza held a placard that read: “You take my water, burn my olive trees, destroy my house, take my job, steal my land, imprison my father, kill my mother, bombard my country, starve us all, humiliate us all, but I am to blame: I shot a rocket back.”

The old man’s message provides the proper context for the latest episode in the savage punishment of Gaza. The crimes trace back to 1948, when hundreds of thousands of Palestinians fled from their homes in terror or were expelled to Gaza by conquering Israeli forces, who continued to truck Palestinians over the border for years after the official cease-fire.

Much More: Noam Chomsky: What the American Media Won't Tell You About Israel | Alternet

Evidently Chomsky doesn't read the editorial section of many of the large newspapers in the U.S. where there have been many articles written by Muslim Arabs making Israel look like the big bad wolf. It's a shame that Chomsky and others close their eyes to what the Muslims are doing to innocent others. How many times have any of us seen on T.V. or the newspapers stories about what Muslims are doing to non Muslims and even other Muslims in Muslim countries. Does the media talk about the people being killed and their houses of worship destroyed? The only way we usually hear about this is from articles from on-line news sources originating from the areas where this is happening. Maybe someone should inform Chomsky that while he is always busy bashing the U.S. and Israel, an awful lot is going on in this world that he doesn't seem aware of.

Evidently Chomsky doesn't read the editorial section of many of the large newspapers in the U.S. where there have been many articles written by Muslim Arabs making Israel look like the big bad wolf. It's a shame that Chomsky and others close their eyes to what the Muslims are doing to innocent others. How many times have any of us seen on T.V. or the newspapers stories about what Muslims are doing to non Muslims and even other Muslims in Muslim countries. Does the media talk about the people being killed and their houses of worship destroyed? The only way we usually hear about this is from articles from on-line news sources originating from the areas where this is happening. Maybe someone should inform Chomsky that while he is always busy bashing the U.S. and Israel, an awful lot is going on in this world that he doesn't seem aware of.
No too much reporting about how the CIA is over there causing problems either is there?

Everything after "Noam Chomsky:" is not worth the time to read. That old crank has become more than a caricature of himself. They might as well put a wig and red nose on him and give him a horn at this point.

Last edited:
Evidently you haven't bothered going to Turkey.

"Other reasons for hope are internal to societies where severe repression and violence reign. I was greatly privileged to catch a glimpse of this in Turkey a few months ago when I visited Istanbul and Diyarbakir, the capital of the Kurdish southeast.

"Much to my surprise, I came back feeling far more optimistic than when I went. It was truly inspiring to witness first-hand the courage and dedication of the leading artists, writers, academics, journalists, publishers and others who carry on the daily struggle for freedom of speech and human rights, not just with statements but also with regular acts of civil disobedience.

"Some have spent a good part of their lives in Turkish prisons because of their insistence on recording the true history of the miserably oppressed Kurdish population: sociologist Ismail Besikci, to mention one notorious case, was arrested 11 years ago for publishing a book on state terror in Turkey, having already spent 15 years in prison.

"He also refused a $10,000 prize from the US Fund for Free Expression in protest against Washington’s strong support for Turkish repression, which is virtually unknown in the West, in accord with the standard principle that one’s own crimes must be effaced."

It's a good thing Chomsky has.

The People in Gravest Danger, by Noam Chomsky

"Other reasons for hope are internal to societies where severe repression and violence reign. I was greatly privileged to catch a glimpse of this in Turkey a few months ago when I visited Istanbul and Diyarbakir, the capital of the Kurdish southeast.

"Much to my surprise, I came back feeling far more optimistic than when I went. It was truly inspiring to witness first-hand the courage and dedication of the leading artists, writers, academics, journalists, publishers and others who carry on the daily struggle for freedom of speech and human rights, not just with statements but also with regular acts of civil disobedience.

"Some have spent a good part of their lives in Turkish prisons because of their insistence on recording the true history of the miserably oppressed Kurdish population: sociologist Ismail Besikci, to mention one notorious case, was arrested 11 years ago for publishing a book on state terror in Turkey, having already spent 15 years in prison.

"He also refused a $10,000 prize from the US Fund for Free Expression in protest against Washington’s strong support for Turkish repression, which is virtually unknown in the West, in accord with the standard principle that one’s own crimes must be effaced."

Chomsky lives in a world of artists, writers, academics, journalists, publishers and other activist types. They sit around picking each others brains, then decide what is best for the rest of the world.Are any of them down in the trenches with the people who matter? Nope. They get their news from the executive washrom shithouse walls.

Noam Chomsky is one of the great Polymaths of our time...Even if you don't agree with him, read his articles and it may make you think harder about cause and effect...

It never fails. The Chomsky nut-huggers always assume anyone who disagrees with and/or has just had enough of the old crank's act must have never read any of his great words of wisdom... :rolleyes:

What do you expect in the palestine/israel forum, if israel wants to be held "as a light unto nations" it really needs to stop being the bully

Chomsky lives in a world of artists, writers, academics, journalists, publishers and other activist types. They sit around picking each others brains, then decide what is best for the rest of the world.Are any of them down in the trenches with the people who matter? Nope. They get their news from the executive washrom shithouse walls.
Chomsky's trenches are filled with activists like Ismail and Leyla.
Who's in your trenches?

"Some have spent a good part of their lives in Turkish prisons because of their insistence on recording the true history of the miserably oppressed Kurdish population: sociologist Ismail Besikci, to mention one notorious case, was arrested 11 years ago for publishing a book on state terror in Turkey, having already spent 15 years in prison..."

"Unlike Dr. Besikci, the first Kurdish woman elected to Turkey’s parliament, Leyla Zana, did not refuse the Sakharov Prize for freedom of thought seven years ago.

"As she wrote when she received it, 'the jailers who lock my body behind the thick walls of an Ankara prison do not have the power to prevent my spirit from travelling freely.'

"She is still serving a 15-year sentence for having worn traditional Kurdish colours and for her crime when she took her oath of office in 1991."

What do you expect in the palestine/israel forum, if israel wants to be held "as a light unto nations" it really needs to stop being the bully
Oh, Yusef Mohammed ( known in Farsi as Mr, Gooz), we realize that people like you have your favorite Jews whom you bring up time and time again. Say, when you were living in Iran, did you ever hear of this Chomsky fellow, or is it when you came here and started reading the NeoNazi/Islamofascist hate sites that you became aware that he even existed?

we get it, we get it already. you hate muslims because they are interrupting your rapture sccenario.

here is the deal. neither lakhota, nor chomsky in the link posted, said one damn thing about muslims or jews. it was about palestinians and israelis, but you can't get your bigotry around that, can you?

and what the hell kind of statement is that? that the media doesn't post about this whole muslim thing you imagine. let me clue you in. the media reports news...period. they really are not in the habit of emulating hate sites as of yet. they report a civil war or insurrection in syria as rebels forces versus government forces, not as bad muslims versus really, really bad and evil muslims. and while we are on the subject, and given any consistency on your part, you should be calling the rebels "terrorists" and the assad people heroes.

oh...and nice to meet you. lakhota. i heard you were one of the people who opted out.
maith thu, mo chara.

IDIOT QUOTE OF THE DAY>>>>

"media reports news...period. they really are not in the habit of emulating hate sites as of yet"

which "media" is that? hint---there is no writer in the world that
is 100% disinterested

we get it, we get it already. you hate muslims because they are interrupting your rapture sccenario.

here is the deal. neither lakhota, nor chomsky in the link posted, said one damn thing about muslims or jews. it was about palestinians and israelis, but you can't get your bigotry around that, can you?

and what the hell kind of statement is that? that the media doesn't post about this whole muslim thing you imagine. let me clue you in. the media reports news...period. they really are not in the habit of emulating hate sites as of yet. they report a civil war or insurrection in syria as rebels forces versus government forces, not as bad muslims versus really, really bad and evil muslims. and while we are on the subject, and given any consistency on your part, you should be calling the rebels "terrorists" and the assad people heroes.

oh...and nice to meet you. lakhota. i heard you were one of the people who opted out.
maith thu, mo chara.
You don't think that others might have read Lakhota on another messsage board and know just where he is coming from. Evidently Seal himself doesn't read newspapers to see what is being said by Muslim writers about Israel, so no one can say the media is just exclusively for Israel. If anything, the media certainly doesn't report what is going on in the Muslim world or even in the parts of the world where there is no Muslim majority, such as the Philippines and Thailand, where the Muslims have acted up and killed Catholics and Buddhists. As far as hating Muslims, I think all civilized people would really dislike the Muslims who are murdering people in the name of their religion and who also wouldn't mind killing anyone for being an Infidel. It's so nice, Seal, that you are such a dhimwit that you close your eyes to what they are doing. By the way, since you couldn't wait to post the article about Stevie Wonder, how come you didn't post an article like this?
israel today | Israel News | Irish town cuts ties to Gaza over rocket fire - israel today | Israel News

He should be special envoy to Shady Acres Home for Retired Extremist, Anti-American, Self-Serving, Grandstanding, Has-Been Old Academiawhores.

Chomsky? isn't that the clown that prises Hezbollah?
"Chomsky offered this at a talk given at MIT.15

"There is an official definition [for terrorism]. You can find it in the US code or in US army manuals...[T]error is the calculated use of violence or the threat of violence to attain political or religious ideological goals through intimidation, coercion, or instilling fear. That's terrorism. That's a fair enough definition.

"I think it is reasonable to accept that.

"The problem is that it can't be accepted because if you accept that, all the wrong consequences follow."

Like the consequences sure to follow when five million kosher clowns decide to annex six million Arabs?

Noam Chomsky in Lebanon, by Pete McCormack

New Topics

Forum List

Back