Noam Chomsky: What the American Media Won't Tell You About Israel

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by Lakhota, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,979
    Much More: Noam Chomsky: What the American Media Won't Tell You About Israel | Alternet

2. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,680
    I used to hate Noam Chomsky, then I read his stuff. Now I don't hate him anymore.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. RoccoR

RoccoR Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,679
    Mad Scientist, et al,

Noam Chomsky, is an interesting person.

(COMMENT)

I don't always agree with him, but he is a great speaker and teacher. You don't have to agree to appreciate some of his points and perspective.

Most Respectfully,
    R

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. Hossfly

Hossfly ZIONUT Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,522
    Evidently Chomsky doesn't read the editorial section of many of the large newspapers in the U.S. where there have been many articles written by Muslim Arabs making Israel look like the big bad wolf. It's a shame that Chomsky and others close their eyes to what the Muslims are doing to innocent others. How many times have any of us seen on T.V. or the newspapers stories about what Muslims are doing to non Muslims and even other Muslims in Muslim countries. Does the media talk about the people being killed and their houses of worship destroyed? The only way we usually hear about this is from articles from on-line news sources originating from the areas where this is happening. Maybe someone should inform Chomsky that while he is always busy bashing the U.S. and Israel, an awful lot is going on in this world that he doesn't seem aware of.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,680
    No too much reporting about how the CIA is over there causing problems either is there?

6. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,890
    Everything after "Noam Chomsky:" is not worth the time to read. That old crank has become more than a caricature of himself. They might as well put a wig and red nose on him and give him a horn at this point.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  7. georgephillip

georgephillip Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,039
    Evidently you haven't bothered going to Turkey.

"Other reasons for hope are internal to societies where severe repression and violence reign. I was greatly privileged to catch a glimpse of this in Turkey a few months ago when I visited Istanbul and Diyarbakir, the capital of the Kurdish southeast.

"Much to my surprise, I came back feeling far more optimistic than when I went. It was truly inspiring to witness first-hand the courage and dedication of the leading artists, writers, academics, journalists, publishers and others who carry on the daily struggle for freedom of speech and human rights, not just with statements but also with regular acts of civil disobedience.

"Some have spent a good part of their lives in Turkish prisons because of their insistence on recording the true history of the miserably oppressed Kurdish population: sociologist Ismail Besikci, to mention one notorious case, was arrested 11 years ago for publishing a book on state terror in Turkey, having already spent 15 years in prison.

"He also refused a $10,000 prize from the US Fund for Free Expression in protest against Washington’s strong support for Turkish repression, which is virtually unknown in the West, in accord with the standard principle that one’s own crimes must be effaced."

It's a good thing Chomsky has.

The People in Gravest Danger, by Noam Chomsky

8. Hossfly

Hossfly ZIONUT Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,522
    Chomsky lives in a world of artists, writers, academics, journalists, publishers and other activist types. They sit around picking each others brains, then decide what is best for the rest of the world.Are any of them down in the trenches with the people who matter? Nope. They get their news from the executive washrom shithouse walls.

9. pbel

pbel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +907
    Noam Chomsky is one of the great Polymaths of our time...Even if you don't agree with him, read his articles and it may make you think harder about cause and effect...

10. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,890
    It never fails. The Chomsky nut-huggers always assume anyone who disagrees with and/or has just had enough of the old crank's act must have never read any of his great words of wisdom... :rolleyes: