Tough-guy firefighters forced into 'Gay Pride' parade

and clearly you are incapable of THINKING. What the hell is your lesson anyway? That men should just TAKE IT like you never would just because men used to catcall women? Enjoy wallowing in the stupidity it takes to rationalize such a double standard.

scroll up.. it was your side that suggested that a cop would just laugh off some good ole fashioned sexual harassment. If you want post numbers i'll dig em out. I think you are losing track of your rhetoric.

Again, this isn't about hate. I've made that point clear. Of all people on this board you don't have a drop in the ocean of the tenacity I've conveyed for fairness towards gays. Believe it or not, equality is not some cudgel that you get to use to extract some revenge on manly men from who your vagina requires vindication for all the years men have catcalled women. Indeed, it's rich that you try to even play the hate card with the ravi jokes youve laughed at thus far in this thread.
At a Mardi Gras parade, yes a cop would more than likely ignore or laugh off catcalls. What you posted was not a cop being catcalled and arresting someone. Please find evidence to support your claim, not some silly straw man. If you can't find video evidence, post any lawsuits that cops have filed for being catcalled at a parade.

At a Mardi Gras parade, yes a cop would more than likely ignore or laugh off catcalls. What you posted was not a cop being catcalled and arresting someone. Please find evidence to support your claim, not some silly straw man. If you can't find video evidence, post any lawsuits that cops have filed for being catcalled at a parade.

yeaaaaaa... sure, ravi! your opinion of what YOU think a cop would do sure is more tangible than a fucking video....

No, what I posted was a video of a cop reacting to a broken law.. you know, like HARASSMENT... if you are even gracious enough to allow that word application to a penis wielder.

Hey, genius.. as was stated in the original article this is new territory so, much like your laughable suggestion of posting stl personnel file complaints, it may just be that google evidence is hard to find. Lord knows that if it's not on google then is just doesn't happen!

:lol:

:cuckoo:

I think he can, he just can't admit that he is wrong. Ever.

Why should someone admit that they are wrong just to passive your longstanding track record of being wrong? Is this what all the cool kids are doing? Should the peer pressure be suffocating me right now? Good grief. your own posted position is outrageously sexist but, since we are talking about men being harassed, you simply don't give a rats ass. consistency, Ravikins..

:eusa_angel:

"

Participant in 2006 San Diego Pride Festival
Four firefighters are suing the city of San Diego for being forced by their superiors to attend the annual "Gay Pride" parade where they endured a barrage of sexual taunts and lewd gestures. "

These guys are supposed to have the nuts to walk into burning buildings, and they're worried about "sexual taunts" and "lewd gestures"??

So when I look at the 'new' messages onscreen, everyone one of the ones that has to do with homosexuality is a thread started by you. What is your obsession with homosexuals?

Homosexuality, like crime, is starting to reach epidemic proportions in terms of acceptance and someone has to fight against it. Mr Bass is dedicated to fighting against all sin.

You're a fucking moron

"

Four firefighters are suing the city of San Diego for being forced by their superiors to attend the annual "Gay Pride" parade where they endured a barrage of sexual taunts and lewd gestures. "

These guys are supposed to have the nuts to walk into burning buildings, and they're worried about "sexual taunts" and "lewd gestures"??

I suspect they weren't really all that worried about it.

If, however, this were a female firefighter complaining about sexual harassment at work, would you be saying "Hey, if she's got the ovaries to walk into a burning building, she shouldn't be complaining about sexual taunts and lewd gestures!"

"

I suspect they weren't really all that worried about it.

If, however, this were a female firefighter complaining about sexual harassment at work, would you be saying "Hey, if she's got the ovaries to walk into a burning building, she shouldn't be complaining about sexual taunts and lewd gestures!"

You're equating sexual harassment by co-workers and superiors with sexual taunting by drunk gay parade goers.

You're equating sexual harassment by co-workers and superiors with sexual taunting by drunk gay parade goers.

No, I'm equating an 'environment' at a place where an employer mandates that an employee be present.

Believe me, if you had a traditional sexual harassment case outside of the workplace, but at an event that the employer required its employees to attend, particularly if there was any reason for the employer to know what might occur, then you'd have one hell of a good case.

The only difference here is that these are males, and your viewpoint is actually fairly common (though hypocritical) when the issue of sexual harassment arises.

No, I'm equating an 'environment' at a place where an employer mandates that an employee be present.

Believe me, if you had a traditional sexual harassment case outside of the workplace, but at an event that the employer required its employees to attend, particularly if there was any reason for the employer to know what might occur, then you'd have one hell of a good case.

The only difference here is that these are males, and your viewpoint is actually fairly common (though hypocritical) when the issue of sexual harassment arises.

Here is the flaw in your thinking ... public servants do not ever have a safe environment anyway, that's why they get paid so much and have some of the best retirement packages of all the government jobs. They are public servants, they serve the public safety interests above their own. That being how it is, they are always leered at, I lived in an all womens shelter for several years, and every time the paramedics came in for some reason (firefighters are the first responders) they were leered and harassed all the time, but they couldn't do anything about it (though when the shelter operators found out they would tell the women to stop). Oh, and half of our fire department is gay (men and women) and being sexually harassed by a straight woman is just as offensive and wrong for a gay man (as it should be). The problem I have with this is that they made more of a deal about it being at gay pride than the fact that they were harassed, which would have gotten laughed at if it wasn't at gay pride. That's what's wrong.

Here is the flaw in your thinking ... public servants do not ever have a safe environment anyway, that's why they get paid so much and have some of the best retirement packages of all the government jobs. They are public servants, they serve the public safety interests above their own. That being how it is, they are always leered at, I lived in an all womens shelter for several years, and every time the paramedics came in for some reason (firefighters are the first responders) they were leered and harassed all the time, but they couldn't do anything about it (though when the shelter operators found out they would tell the women to stop). Oh, and half of our fire department is gay (men and women) and being sexually harassed by a straight woman is just as offensive and wrong for a gay man (as it should be). The problem I have with this is that they made more of a deal about it being at gay pride than the fact that they were harassed, which would have gotten laughed at if it wasn't at gay pride. That's what's wrong.

That's not even close to being a flaw in the thinking. No one said anything about 'safe,' first of all. And second if you think 'public service' jobs that have a dangerous element to them are exempt from sexual harassment law, then you should do some research in the case law. That's just simply not the case. A police officer, for example, can just as easily make a claim as a baker.

Forum List

Back