To hell with compromise.

Yes, they should do it, they should let the dems implement every single thing that they've said would 'fix' everything and let it go. For years, they've screamed about the 'Bush tax cuts for the rich', obviously a lie, but they didn't let that stop them from repeating it ad naseum for years. So, since they're only for the rich, let them expire. What's the problem?

Personally, I don't want any more excuses.

The problem is the right won't let them expire.
They want t them to still run.
How can you let something expire when one side is saying all or nothing on tax cuts?

You want the taxes for the rich expire? Tell your congresscritter to let it go then.
The tax rates are a prop to get everyone to save their phoney-baloney spending programs, including the Pentagon, you fool.

yeah so what? I am for letting them expire and cutting things across the board.

You are not going to peg me how you want to Odd. Keep trying.

Let them expire for anyone making 1 million right now. Cut across the board about 5% from EVERY program. Medicare can be reformed to save billions. ( about 100 billion to start)Military as well. Combine redundant programs and get rid of people. Saving more money.

Boost the tax rate up to 39% for a few years, get everything in order and then look into lowering it again.

Cut back on the wars as well, that will save money and fuel.

You really want to play this stupid partisan game, find someone else dipshit. The republicans are not in it to save the nation. The Debt Ceiling debate showed everyone that. They where till the last minute willing to let everything go to shit, because they hate Obama. This isnt just an american problem. The economy is global now and they are fucking with more than our lives.

I suggest you people get your shit in order and stop fucking around like the OP has suggested. You are just wasting everyones time by acting like a spoiled child who didnt get their way in an election.

So smarten up or get ready for a whole lot of fuck you's to come your way.

Yes, they should do it, they should let the dems implement every single thing that they've said would 'fix' everything and let it go. For years, they've screamed about the 'Bush tax cuts for the rich', obviously a lie, but they didn't let that stop them from repeating it ad naseum for years. So, since they're only for the rich, let them expire. What's the problem?

Personally, I don't want any more excuses.

The problem is the right won't let them expire. They want t them to still run.
How can you let something expire when one side is saying all or nothing on tax cuts?

You want the taxes for the rich expire? Tell your congresscritter to let it go then.

Your liberal buddies are saying that congress won't do anything, they're 'obstructing'. Well, what the hell are they obstructing, if they take no action, the cuts expire.

well no, they won't let them expire. The right will demand something and the left will cave like usual at the last minute, making it so the Tax cuts do not go anywhere.

I dont care what other people are saying.

The problem is the right won't let them expire.
They want t them to still run.

The tax rates are a prop to get everyone to save their phoney-baloney spending programs, including the Pentagon, you fool.

Let them expire for anyone making 1 million right now. Cut across the board about 5% from EVERY program. Medicare can be reformed to save billions. ( about 100 billion to start)Military as well. Combine redundant programs and get rid of people. Saving more money.

Boost the tax rate up to 39% for a few years, get everything in order and then look into lowering it again.

You really want to play this stupid partisan game, find someone else dipshit. The republicans are not in it to save the nation. The Debt Ceiling debate showed everyone that. They where till the last minute willing to let everything go to shit, because they hate Obama. This isnt just an american problem. The economy is global now and they are fucking with more than our lives.

I suggest you people get your shit in order and stop fucking around like the OP has suggested. You are just wasting everyones time by acting like a spoiled child who didnt get their way in an election.

Or we could just forgo the Kabuki dance and let the sequester kick in, like everyone signed on to when they made the coward's choice and kicked the issue to a blue-ribbon committee.

Then the libs can get the tax increases that they want and the repubs can get the spending cuts that they (claim to) want.

But neither of them want the spending cuts (including Pentagon spending), so we're getting the same-ol-same-ol over the tax rates....And you're very predictably being played by your team.

Conservatives...

What an odd bunch they are.

They LOVE America. Just ask them. They'll tell you...over and over.

BUT, if they can't get THEIR way? They'll BURN it down.

Then they'll blame it on liberals.

Like I said, they're an odd bunch.

We love America we hate liberalism.

Problems abound. They need to be addressed. If conservative Republicans in Congress continue their collective childish partisan tantrum rather than working with Democrats to address the pressing national issues, then, since actions speak louder than words, it would be crystal CLEAR that they don't love America. The words will sound like exactly what they are: Hollow rhetoric.

Great stuff.

Don't bend an inch, not a freakin' inch, no matter what.

It's worked so well so far.

:rock:

Lets do some facts, shall we? The house that won't compromise is the Senate. Reid refused how many bills from the house? Wouldn't even submit them to committee?

You see dumb ass, the way a split congress works is when the Republican Congress submits a bill to the Senate, the Senate takes that bill and makes the changes they feel are needed then vote on it, the new bill is then submitted to a House senate committee in an attempt to work out what will and will not be in it. All Reid does is shit can the bills, he won't even allow te Senate to consider them. THAT is what obstruction is.

Conservatives...

We love America we hate liberalism.

Problems abound. They need to be addressed. If conservative Republicans in Congress continue their collective childish partisan tantrum rather than working with Democrats to address the pressing national issues, then, since actions speak louder than words, it would be crystal CLEAR that they don't love America. The words will sound like exactly what they are: Hollow rhetoric.
The "childish partisan tantrum" is a distraction and you're falling for it.

If you want the tax rates to return to 2000 levels, just do nothing and let the sequester kick in...No compromise with those "childish partisans" required.

To hell with compromise! NO COMPROMISE!

No retreat! No surrender! Destroy the enemy! Only we have the answers!

84267780fo3.jpg

Aside from the fact that to the left, "compromise" means "do what we want", the last thing I want government to do is agree.

Every time I hear someone say "let's get together on both sides of the isle to work on the problems facing this country" I just want to punch them in the face.

Government is not the solution to any problem. Just get the government out of the fucking way! When politicians get together, government NEVER gets out of the way.

Fine, let 'em be a bunch of jaggoffs again. We'll see how that works out for them in another 2 years...

Last edited:

Or we could just forgo the Kabuki dance and let the sequester kick in, like everyone signed on to when they made the coward's choice and kicked the issue to a blue-ribbon committee.

Then the libs can get the tax increases that they want and the repubs can get the spending cuts that they (claim to) want.

But neither of them want the spending cuts (including Pentagon spending), so we're getting the same-ol-same-ol over the tax rates....And you're very predictably being played by your team.

ok im done with you, all you are doing is repeating yourself and not actually conversing with me. Then you label me with some team.....Good luck dude...

ok im done with you, all you are doing is repeating yourself and not actually conversing with me. Then you label me with some team.....Good luck dude...
Oh, and your calling me a "dipshit" and "spoiled little child" is sooooooo conducive to a conversation?

Blow it out your ass and go keep falling for the same old shit....It's a lot easier than noticing who is yanking your strings.

Aside from the fact that to the left, "compromise" means "do what we want", the last thing I want government to do is agree.

Every time I hear someone say "let's get together on both sides of the isle to work on the problems facing this country" I just want to punch them in the face.

Government is not the solution to any problem. Just get the government out of the fucking way! When politicians get together, government NEVER gets out of the way.

I agree
and will add you don't compromise with a drunk who wants to drive and give them keys to drive.
Compromise only works when you have a group that have similar values. You don't compromise with a group of people that wants to fundamentally transform America

Great stuff.

Don't bend an inch, not a freakin' inch, no matter what.

It's worked so well so far.

:rock:

Lets do some facts, shall we? The house that won't compromise is the Senate. Reid refused how many bills from the house? Wouldn't even submit them to committee?

You see dumb ass, the way a split congress works is when the Republican Congress submits a bill to the Senate, the Senate takes that bill and makes the changes they feel are needed then vote on it, the new bill is then submitted to a House senate committee in an attempt to work out what will and will not be in it. All Reid does is shit can the bills, he won't even allow te Senate to consider them. THAT is what obstruction is.

Keep ignoring reality .

It's touching to see the dupes protecting the ridiculously low rates of their mega rich, greedy idiot masters...See sig pp1. Total morons living in a BS alternate universe...

Conservatives...

Ever hear of Harry Reid?

Those House bills were pure propaganda, dupe. They screwed workers and the environment, would have done nothing for jobs, were designed to be ignored except by mindless dupes...

The problem is the right won't let them expire. They want t them to still run.

the Democrats had every opportunity to let them expire. Instead the solidly Democratic House and Senate voted to extend them and Obama signed it.
Still blaming the right?

ayup, they stonewalled and wouldnt compromise on other issues unless these tax cuts where extended.

So....yeah.....Obama and the dems caved and signed it.

Want to keep rehashing old meaningless shit or try to figure out how to fix these issues you loser?

The Democrats could pass and sign any bill they wanted. The GOP could not block a single measure.
So now the Dems agreed to something to get past the election and the bill is coming due. And now they're panicking.
Why don't we fix these issues the way they fixed them: let the cliff come. They wanted higher taxes, we'll get higher taxes. They promised to cut spending? We're going to cut spending.
We need to get the fiscal house in order sooner or later. Might as well be now.
Enjoy the ride. Sucks to have won.

the Democrats had every opportunity to let them expire. Instead the solidly Democratic House and Senate voted to extend them and Obama signed it.
Still blaming the right?

ayup, they stonewalled and wouldnt compromise on other issues unless these tax cuts where extended.

So....yeah.....Obama and the dems caved and signed it.

Want to keep rehashing old meaningless shit or try to figure out how to fix these issues you loser?

The Democrats could pass and sign any bill they wanted. The GOP could not block a single measure.
So now the Dems agreed to something to get past the election and the bill is coming due. And now they're panicking.
Why don't we fix these issues the way they fixed them: let the cliff come. They wanted higher taxes, we'll get higher taxes. They promised to cut spending? We're going to cut spending.
We need to get the fiscal house in order sooner or later. Might as well be now.
Enjoy the ride. Sucks to have won.
The Democrats Obamacare tax is going to kill the middle class. It's the highest tax hike in the history of the planet.

The upside of Obama's re-election, is he gets to be there when the pain starts. Of course, he already has a plan in his sights to destroy Republicans on his way out. Chaotic lying, thy name is Obama.

Funny how that profit thing works isn't it? Somehow when you lay off workers-- bottom line profits INCREASE--dim-wit.

Actually, I'm very aware of the lay-offs effecting the bottom-line, also outsourcing jobs, keeping wages flat and have posted on that profit-raising maneuvers many times. It has been going on for quite awhile. Thus outsourcing jobs overseas hit it's apex during the last decade. Over thirty years of flat wages. Profit over people. We should cut their taxes to zero because of the warm fuzzy feeling these companies project.
Why is it that some folks feel the need to call people names (ala dim-wit)? Grow up.

wages aren't flat. You know anyone making what they made 30 years ago?
But why not let the Bush tax cuts expire and the cuts kick in? Why are the Dems fighting this, after they agreed to it?

I guess you aren't aware of the method of using constant Real Dollars are you. That's when you measure wages after all inflation. If you don't use inflation, of course wages went up but when you use constant Real Dollars, wage earner are making less than they did in the late 1970's.Real Dollars are used by the Bureau of Labor and such publications as Forbes to measure wage growth.
Go here to understand how wages are determined:
http://www.bls.gov/cpi/cpimathfs.pdf

===========================================
Current versus Constant (or Real) Dollars

In order to accurately compare income over time, users should adjust the summary measures (medians, means, etc.) for changes in cost of living. The Census Bureau uses the Bureau of Labor Statistics' (BLS) Consumer Price Index (CPI-U) to adjust for changes in the cost of living.1

Current dollars is a term describing income in the year in which a person, household, or family receives it. For example, the income someone received in 1989 unadjusted for inflation is in current dollars.

Constant or real dollars are terms describing income after adjustment for inflation. The Dictionary of Business and Economics defines constant dollar values and real income as shown below.

Constant-dollar value (also called real-dollar value) is a value expressed in dollars adjusted for purchasing power. Constant-dollar values represent an effort to remove the effects of price changes from statistical series reported in dollar terms. The result is a series as it would presumably exist if prices were the same throughout as they were in the base year-in other words, as if the dollar had constant purchasing power.

Real Income. The purchasing power of the income of an individual, group, or nation, computed by adjusting money income to price changes. A comparison between incomes earned during 1970 and 1980, for example, would be pointless unless 1970 and 1980 price levels were identical. Using a price index showing, for example, that average consumer prices increased by 50 percent between those years, it becomes clear that $1,000 in 1980 bought what $667 bought in 1970. Thus, even if total income actually doubled, real income would double only if prices remained constant.

EXAMPLE:
The median household income in 1989 in current dollars is $28,906. If you compared that with the 1990 median household income of $29,943, there appears to be an increase. If you adjusted that 1989 income for changes in the cost of living (converted it to 1990 constant or real dollars), the resulting 1989 median household income is $30,468 (now a 1989-to-1990 comparison of income shows a decline of 1.7 percent).

Footnote:

The Census Bureau uses BLS' experimental Consumer Price Index (CPI-U-X1) for 1967 through 1982 and the CPI-U for 1983 through 1998. The Census Bureau derived the CPI-U indexes for years before 1967 by applying the 1967 CPI-U-X1-to-CPI-U ratio to the 1947 to 1966 CPI-U indexes.
http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/income/data/historical/dollars.html
===================================================

Last edited:

Quite the naïve and childish tantrum.

‘The government’ is neither the solution nor problem, and no one ever said government was the solution.

‘The government’ is merely the venue in which the people address issues of National interest and importance.

The people and government are one in the same.

Therefore, the problem is not ‘the government,’ the problem is the TPM, social conservatives, and others on the radical fiscal right who refuse to engage in sound and responsible governance, in good faith.

Forum List

Back