A bitter pill from the heartland.

That all the votes were legitimate is a matter of opinion.
Your comment as to the subjectivity of objective truth is exactly the kind of denial Quinn referred to.

The truth is that Donald Trump undermined faith in our elections in his false bid to retain the presidency. He sparked an insurrection intended to overthrow our government and keep himself in power. No president in our history has done worse.

This is not subjective.

Your comment as to the subjectivity of objective truth is exactly the kind of denial Quinn referred to.

The truth is that Donald Trump undermined faith in our elections in his false bid to retain the presidency. He sparked an insurrection intended to overthrow our government and keep himself in power. No president in our history has done worse.

This is not subjective.

The difference is I know my opinion is just that, Quinn believes his opinion is fact.

That makes him, and you, pompous asshats.

True.

And Trump supporters who know the Big Lie is in fact a lie who continue to support Trump are just as wrong and reprehensible.
I wonder sometimes how many of the board's Trump devotees admit to themselves the Big Lie is a Big Fraud. But because they are vested in maintaining the fantasy of a glorious victory by he who can not be defeated they can't admit it here.

The difference is I know my opinion is just that, Quinn believes his opinion is fact.

That makes him, and you, pompous asshats.
Pretending the belief in a lie is an opinion isn't working any better than your false equivalences.

Our Trump reporting upsets some readers, but there aren’t two sides to facts: Letter from the Editor

A more-than-occasional arrival in the email these days is a question expressed two ways, one with dripping condescension and the other with courtesy:

Why don’t our opinion platforms treat Donald Trump and other politicians exactly the same way. Some phrase it differently, asking why we demean the former president’s supporters in describing his behavior as monstrous, insurrectionist and authoritarian. I feel for those who write. They believe in Trump and want their local news source to recognize what they see in him.

The angry writers denounce me for ignoring what they call the Biden family crime syndicate and criminality far beyond that of Trump. They quote news sources of no credibility as proof the mainstream media ignores evidence that Biden, not Trump, is the criminal dictator. The courteous writers don’t go down that road. They politely ask how we can discount the passions and beliefs of the many people who believe in Trump.

This is a tough column to write, because I don’t want to demean or insult those who write me in good faith. I’ve started it a half dozen times since November but turned to other topics each time because this needle hard to thread. No matter how I present it, I’ll offend some thoughtful, decent people.

The north star here is truth. We tell the truth, even when it offends some of the people who pay us for information.

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2024...wo-sides-to-facts-letter-from-the-editor.html

I can't help being hopeful when a column like that is published. Quixotically so I'm afraid. Any time the simple truth is written as an appeal to Trump supporters to nudge them towards reality I kid myself in to believing it is the one that's going to get through. Probably because I want it to so badly.

Chris Quinn, the author, has apparently received an unusual amount of positive feedback from the piece. Perhaps because his genuine attempt not to offend comes through. I hope it makes a difference.
LOL. Letters from editors are opinion pieces.

LOL. Letters from editors are opinion pieces.
The desperate desire you folks have to conflate facts with opinion is just another failed attempt to make truth appear subjective. Forget what Kellyanne said about an alternate set of facts. There is no such thing.

Denying the existence of objective truth is the essence of Trumpery.

using the term "objective truth" is just more trying to confuse reality, facts and your muddled opinions.

Like women having penises.

The desperate desire you folks have to conflate facts with opinion is just another failed attempt to make truth appear subjective. Forget what Kellyanne said about an alternate set of facts. There is no such thing.
retard doesn't think letters to the editor are opinion.

The desperate desire you folks have to conflate facts with opinion is just another failed attempt to make truth appear subjective.

Our Trump reporting upsets some readers, but there aren’t two sides to facts: Letter from the Editor

A more-than-occasional arrival in the email these days is a question expressed two ways, one with dripping condescension and the other with courtesy:

Why don’t our opinion platforms treat Donald Trump and other politicians exactly the same way. Some phrase it differently, asking why we demean the former president’s supporters in describing his behavior as monstrous, insurrectionist and authoritarian. I feel for those who write. They believe in Trump and want their local news source to recognize what they see in him.

The angry writers denounce me for ignoring what they call the Biden family crime syndicate and criminality far beyond that of Trump. They quote news sources of no credibility as proof the mainstream media ignores evidence that Biden, not Trump, is the criminal dictator. The courteous writers don’t go down that road. They politely ask how we can discount the passions and beliefs of the many people who believe in Trump.

This is a tough column to write, because I don’t want to demean or insult those who write me in good faith. I’ve started it a half dozen times since November but turned to other topics each time because this needle hard to thread. No matter how I present it, I’ll offend some thoughtful, decent people.

The north star here is truth. We tell the truth, even when it offends some of the people who pay us for information.

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2024...wo-sides-to-facts-letter-from-the-editor.html

I can't help being hopeful when a column like that is published. Quixotically so I'm afraid. Any time the simple truth is written as an appeal to Trump supporters to nudge them towards reality I kid myself in to believing it is the one that's going to get through. Probably because I want it to so badly.

Chris Quinn, the author, has apparently received an unusual amount of positive feedback from the piece. Perhaps because his genuine attempt not to offend comes through. I hope it makes a difference.
No. The truth here is not the alleged undermining of faith in democracy because of Trump. That’s not the truth. It’s just an opinion. A biased one.

No. The truth here is not the alleged undermining of faith in democracy because of Trump. That’s not the truth. It’s just an opinion. A biased one.
The article addresses Trump fan's acrimony over the publication of facts they'd rather not read.

The Democrat Cult desperately needs people to believe in that opinion.
It's really all that they have.

Look how much overtime Berg is getting.

Forum List

Back