THE worst thing about reelecting Obama

I think that Obama has done most of the direct damage he could do to the country.

The worst thing I can think that he would be able to do in the next four years would be appoint more supreme court justices.

Of course he might be able to manage more damage if his reelection is taken as a progressive mandate but I don't think it will be - and I trust that our GOP representatives would continue their efforts to rein him in, in accordance with the will of their constituents.
There is still the possible problem of other countries perceiving us as weak militarily.

But mostly it's the supreme court I worry about.

Fortunately I'm guessing that come November the majority of voters (constituents) will disagree with you and re-elect Obama.

I think that Obama has done most of the direct damage he could do to the country.

The worst thing I can think that he would be able to do in the next four years would be appoint more supreme court justices.

Of course he might be able to manage more damage if his reelection is taken as a progressive mandate but I don't think it will be - and I trust that our GOP representatives would continue their efforts to rein him in, in accordance with the will of their constituents.

There is still the possible problem of other countries perceiving us as weak militarily.

Exactly what damage is it he's done? Be specific.

You're forgetting one thing: Obamacare can't be repealed unless he goes.

I'm still hopeful that SCOTUS will strike it down.

If SCOTUS doesn't then that underscores the need to not let SCOTUS become even more left leaning.

If SCOTUS doesn't then that underscores the need to not let SCOTUS become even more left leaning.

Why is health care for Americans bad? I can never understand the argument.

So you say indirectly that you support more of the following?

Introducing the Republican Platform Written In Stone:

1. TABOR is Coming by Grover Norquist and Koch Bros sells out state governments, public schools,SRS services etc etc to private industry = Grab Your Wallets!
Beware: TABOR Is Coming | Dollars & Sense

2. Bailing out The Reagan/Bush Savings and Loan Heist aka home loan scandal sent the economy out the window costing taxpayers many many $$ trillions (Cost taxpayers $1.4 trillion), Plus millions of jobs, loss of retirement plans and loss of medical insurance.
The Bush family and the S&L (Savings and Loan) Scandal

3. Bailing out the Bush/Cheney Home Loan Wall Street Bank Fraud cost consumers $ trillions, millions of jobs, loss of retirement plans and loss of medical insurance. Exactly like the Reagan/Bush home loan scam. Déjà vu can we say. Yep seems to be a pattern.
What is the difference between a Ponzi scheme and a housing bubble? | Dollars & Sense

4. Bush/Cheney implied several financial institutions instead of only 3 were at risk? One of the biggest lies perpetrated to American citizens. Where did this money go? Why were some banks forced to take bail out money?
http://www.democracynow.org/2009/9/10/good_billions_after_bad_one_year

Why is health care for Americans bad? I can never understand the argument.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOKK8mAkiUI]Wizard of Oz-- If I Only Had A Brain - YouTube[/ame]

he will also use executive powers to usurp the constitution like a 3rd world dictator !!!

Now that's amusing. W. was never seen to have the powers to stop bullets and clear tall building with a single bound. Ever since Barack was elected the first black President of the Harvard Law Review he's been given the proverbial keys to the kingdom without doing much of anything to warrant that treatment. Six figure book deal? Teaching position at the University of Chicago? Prestigious law firm that gave him a year off to go write the book he was getting six figures for in Bora Bora? State Senator then US Senator when he can't write a piece of legislation that would pass without someone else doing the heavy lifting? Big speech at the Democratic National Convention? A Nobel Peace prize right after he won the Presidency? When I call Barack Obama a facade, I'm being perfectly serious. He's the penultimate "empty suit".

Empty suit? Sounds like one hell of a resume. At least that's what an unbiased observer would say, when you leave out all the sarcasm.

Yes, and like an empty suit looks impressive on the outside...once you delve a little deeper you realize there's little substance there. I've asked this many times before, Konradv and never gotten a response to it...name me something that Barack Obama did as a lawyer, professor, or legislator that was exceptional. It's actually remarkable how far he's managed to go without DOING ANYTHING. The man got a Nobel Peace Prize for simply showing up. If you wrote a screen play with a premise like that they'd laugh at you.

I think you underestimate the danger of the Supreme Court appointees Obama could appoint. And when I say "danger", I mean dangerous to the wingnuts.

Four of the judges are in the 70's (Scalia, Breyer, Ginsburg and Kennedy). If Obama wins re-election it will be, in part, because he is able to paint the GOP as obstructionists. Can you imagine the political capital he would receive if he wins while painting that sort of picture. And then when he starts appointing 2-3 more justices and the GOP does what they always do, obstruct, obstruct and when they get tired of that, obstruct some more, the pressure on the GOP to accept the nominations will mount seriously. Especially if the appointments take place in 2013.

No country is going to "perceive" us as weak militarily. Battle fatigued; yes but that would take place regardless of the size of our military. Rouge individuals may but they would, by the same token, make that perception regardless of the size of our military. But no country will challenge the US militarily without digging two graves first.

I don't think I underestimate it.

Why do you think that's what I worry about most from a second Obama term?

Or maybe I misunderstand you. Do you mean simply making the appointments and the drama surrounding them will be the danger?

I think about the arc the country could take with a court stacked with progressives. Drama comes and drama goes. The legislative impact of an Obama-filled SCOTUS will last a long long time.

In any case ... I don't want Obama to have the chance to make those appointments, period.

Last edited:
I don't think I underestimate it.

Why do you think that's what I worry about most from a second Obama term?

True; you didn't quantify it or explain why. My bad. But I think that a lot of armchair pundits (I include myself in that population) and court watchers think that there are "seats" that are for left leaners, right leaners, and middle of the spectrum seats. The politics of the situation depending on the tactics employed and the results thereof can change that paradigm to remove those pre-determined notions of assigning a person or ideology to a particular seat.

THE worst thing about reelecting Obama

That there wasn't a better choice?... Like last time?

Looks like we all were late at the fruit stand....again...

It's all been picked over... Shit!

Last edited:
Four more years of listening to his speeches and
blaming Bush

Don't forget 4 more years of economic growth. :tongue:

You mean the slowest growth in years (slower than Bush)
that won't help unemployment get below 8 percent

Sure, considering how bad the Left's polices work
it is understandable you might consider this a "win"

The Left should run with this
:eusa_whistle:

It is a shame that there are so many people that would re elect Obama and don't comprehend what this man has done to all our livelyhoods. It they re elect Obama, they are hurting all of us, including themselves.
It has nothing to do with what party you belong to either, its simply a matter that Obama and his administration have caused major hardships on us all and that is enough to vote him out,regardless of party affliation. As an independent, I will vote for anyone but Obama.

The absolute worst thing about re-electing him, is having to see his face EVERY week on our t.v.s and seeing the sickening interviews from the suck up Progressive lamestream media..

Obama reminds me of the dictators in some countries...he thinks if we see him enough we WILL BELIEVE..

Forum List

Back