THE worst thing about reelecting Obama

I think that Obama has done most of the direct damage he could do to the country.

The worst thing I can think that he would be able to do in the next four years would be appoint more supreme court justices.

Of course he might be able to manage more damage if his reelection is taken as a progressive mandate but I don't think it will be - and I trust that our GOP representatives would continue their efforts to rein him in, in accordance with the will of their constituents.

There is still the possible problem of other countries perceiving us as weak militarily.

But mostly it's the supreme court I worry about.
Not to worry.

You Civics-challenged folks should have extended yourselves, beyond the 6th Grade.​

"Because the Constitution sets no qualifications for service as a justice, a president may nominate anyone to serve, subject to Senate confirmation."

Indeed Papa Obama radical polices do have a rather "cleansing"
effect on the American electorate

No doubt, from all the things him and the Left have been
trying to stuff into us, it has acted like a "political dysentery"
and brought out the worst

Like the OWS

Sad how Papa Obama and the Left try to divide this country

The hatred rises from deep within the bowels of the least among us.

Lemme guess.....you're a Good Book scholar, right???

handjob.gif

Luke 9

45 But they understood not this saying, and it was hid from them, that they perceived it not: and they feared to ask him of that saying.

46 Then there arose a reasoning among them, which of them should be greatest.

47 And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him,

48 And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

I think that Obama has done most of the direct damage he could do to the country.

The worst thing I can think that he would be able to do in the next four years would be appoint more supreme court justices.

Of course he might be able to manage more damage if his reelection is taken as a progressive mandate but I don't think it will be - and I trust that our GOP representatives would continue their efforts to rein him in, in accordance with the will of their constituents.

There is still the possible problem of other countries perceiving us as weak militarily.

I don't for the following reasons. First, what we've seen is that the conservative justices wait for a Republican to name their replacement, and the liberal justices wait for a Democrat. Now this might be an issue if Hillary replaces Obama in 2016, and if the GOP keeps going the way it's going, that's a real possibility, because these guys aren't immortal.

I'd be more worried about Romney appointing replacements for Scalia and Thomas because he'd be more likely to appoint a moderate like Kennedy who is only conservative some of the time.

I also don't worry that much about an Obama second term because, historically, none of these guys have good second terms. Second terms is when it usually falls apart. To recap for those who came in late-

Bush had Katrina, lost congress, and the war went south on him.
Clinton had Monica and all the other petty scandals.
Reagan had Iran Contra
Nixon had Watergate. and "-gate" became a suffix for scandal.
LBJ had Vietnam.
Truman had Korean and McCarthyism.

I think the only guy who had an okay second term was Ike.

THird, my biggest problem with potential Romney presidency is that the man is really at his heart a liberal. So things that the GOP congress would oppose if Obama had a second term they might go along with in a Romney first term.

Indeed Papa Obama radical polices do have a rather "cleansing"
effect on the American electorate

No doubt, from all the things him and the Left have been
trying to stuff into us, it has acted like a "political dysentery"
and brought out the worst.
Yeah.....Right.....it was Obama's Court that blew campaign-spending straight-outta-the-water.

handjob.gif

January 21, 2010

"The ruling, Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, No. 08-205, overruled two precedents: Austin v. Michigan Chamber of Commerce, a 1990 decision that upheld restrictions on corporate spending to support or oppose political candidates, and McConnell v. Federal Election Commission, a 2003 decision that upheld the part of the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002 that restricted campaign spending by corporations and unions."

I don't for the following reasons. First, what we've seen is that the conservative justices wait for a Republican to name their replacement, and the liberal justices wait for a Democrat. Now this might be an issue if Hillary replaces Obama in 2016, and if the GOP keeps going the way it's going, that's a real possibility, because these guys aren't immortal.

I'd be more worried about Romney appointing replacements for Scalia and Thomas because he'd be more likely to appoint a moderate like Kennedy who is only conservative some of the time.

I also don't worry that much about an Obama second term because, historically, none of these guys have good second terms. Second terms is when it usually falls apart. To recap for those who came in late-

Bush had Katrina, lost congress, and the war went south on him.
Clinton had Monica and all the other petty scandals.
Reagan had Iran Contra
Nixon had Watergate. and "-gate" became a suffix for scandal.
LBJ had Vietnam.
Truman had Korean and McCarthyism.

I think the only guy who had an okay second term was Ike.

THird, my biggest problem with potential Romney presidency is that the man is really at his heart a liberal. So things that the GOP congress would oppose if Obama had a second term they might go along with in a Romney first term.

I thought Obama said if he didn't "fix" things in his first term, he wouldn't run a 2nd??
I think he found that he wasn't going to be able to accomplish everything he wanted in 1 term....and he has to run for a 2nd to be able to completely ruin our country.

What i'm worried about, if he get's re-elected, he knows he can't run again...and it won't matter what he does because he doesn't have to worry about being re-elected again. I think the next 4 years will be a complete disaster if he's still president. All i can hope for is that Congress remains Republican and they can keep him reigned in and stop him from completely destroying us.

THE worst thing about reelecting Obama

That there wasn't a better choice?... Like last time?

Looks like we all were late at the fruit stand....again...

It's all been picked over... Shit!

From an apolitical point of view, I think you're probably right. The Presidents we are left with are often the lesser of two evils which would be fine if they didn't have to be so calculating in practice.

These days, Presidents and other governmental leaders don't introduce something unless they are sure they can get it passed. There is nothing about changing minds, dragging the kicking screaming opposition (and some supporters) across the finish line.

So the result is timidity and wide-spread dissatisfaction.

Even if Obama doesn't win the election, we still have those nit wits in the senate that will cause the same problems. We need to get those people out of the senate somehow too. We're in the same situations if we don't because the senate will continue to make our getting back on the right track impossible.

I'll bet your asshole is sooooo tight, you probably squeak when you walk.:lol:
um, the weak military argument doesn't work anymore in a all volunteer military force...
now if you want to reinstate the draft, we'll go all over the planet and be the world's police force, like you want it to be. shit, we'll even bomb Iran for you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-zoPgv_nYg]Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran - YouTube[/ame]

It may possibly take 4 more years for us to hit rock bottom and to realize that the gravy train has jumped off the tracks.

I think I get it.

1318996821525.jpg

bizarro-world.jpg

ted-romney-vulture3.gif

bizarro_world_race.jpg

BizarroSuperMason.jpg

romney-closed-2.gif

See? In the Republican World of Bizarro ideology, a good president is a bad one and Bush, a bad president, was a "good" president. Killing thousands of Americans and maiming tens of thousands of Americans to bring down a dictator that never attacked us is a "good thing" and is the "way things should be done". But stopping a dictator who has American blood on his hands from killing his own people without the loss of a single American life is a "bad thing" and proves we are "weak". See?

Well, rdean's familiarity with comic books might explain his reading comprehension.

Yeah, his posts make more sense now.

Did I mention that in 3 years, Obama has surpassed the number of jobs Bush created in 8 years? :rofl: Good luck in November.
Obama creates government jobs. Those don't count. We need private sector jobs.

So, Obama created over 3 million gov't jobs? Got a link for that? :lol:

BTW, gov't workers do earn money, which they spend on goods and services, just like any other consumer. You do realize that, right?

And my point is that you think the fictional Obama IS real... How fucking clueless is that?

:lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back