The Story of one "EX" Gay

yes dmp, I understand your point, but, I was not talking about acting, but rather the desire. Being gay means that on ehas a sexual attraction towards the same sex, nienna was arguing the point of whether or not that attraction can be changed. Of course if I wanted to, I could be celibate for the rest of my life, but it still would not change my attraction towards men. Chances are that people that are considering to change are probably not having sex.
And even though you desire money, do you think that you could change you desire so that you detested money?

OCA, I don't think that I have a fucked up life, in fact, I am happy, although you will probably say that I am not, so there really is no point in trying to convince you. You are ABSOLUTELY right about the fact that I made a choice to have sex with other men, but the desire has always existed.

Queers will never admit to making that choice though, why would they? Who ever admits they fucked their life up from their own stupidity?

If you're capable of getting the vituperation under control for a minute, I'll tell you what one of my friends told me. He told me he dated tons of women all the way through college, even though he knew he wasn't attracted to women...and knew from the time he was little that he liked boys. The point he made to me is that no one chooses being different like that. No one chooses to be alienated by their family. No one chooses to have a life with no kids and always being different.

I can also tell you that when my son was less than 3, he took possession of a TV Guide with a pic of Brittney Spears on it because he thought she was pretty. And when he was 5 he asked if we could move to South Beach because he liked looking at the girls in the dental floss bikinis. That was something he was born with. At the same time, one of his best friends (a little boy the same age as my son), while they were watching the Harry Potter movie, walked over to the TV and said "isn't Malfoy handsome?" He was born with that, too. My son never would have looked at Malfoy or noticed such a thing.

Do you think a 5 year old should be reviled? Cause I think that would be awfully sad. Neither of these little boys made any choices. And while my husband was, admittedly, quite relieved at my son's proclivities, I can't imagine his friend not being entitled to just as much love.

Every single queer at one point makes a conscious choice to partake in queer activities since every single human being is born with the innate urge to mate with the OPPOSITE sex, that is scientific fact.

There is no evidence to support your statement...as a matter of fact, I would say the existence of millions of homosexuals, just here in the U.S. is pretty strong evidence to the contrary.

OCA, I don't think that I have a fucked up life, in fact, I am happy, although you will probably say that I am not, so there really is no point in trying to convince you. You are ABSOLUTELY right about the fact that I made a choice to have sex with other men, but the desire has always existed.

You are lying to yourself, its a scientific fact that the desire did not exist until you made that conscious choice to do it.

I'm sure many heroin addicts say they have a great life too, nobody ever admits they fucked up.

nienna, even though you can give me many testimonials of ex-gays, I can give you just as many, or more testimonials from gays that say that you cannot change.
I'm simply stating that if you are not gay, then how would you know.
I am a female, however, I know that my husband is a male. I am not athletic, however, I know that my daughter is a very good soccer player. I like rainy days, but I know that my husband finds them depressing and boring. I know that it is possible to leave the homosexual lifestyle because I believe others' statements and witness their changed behavior.

I am also against censorship for many things, this includes ex-gay testimonials, but you also need to remember that even though some gay people may want to become straight and change, you should not necessarily be saying that it is 100% possible when there is no scientific evidence for this. Also, there are many people, like me, that do not care to change, so i don't think that you should necessarily be going to gay people and shoving it down their throats that they must change.

I do believe it is 100% possible, but it may not be possible for 100% of people. I believe the bolded statement above is the critical criterion for whether or not change is possible.

I do not think that ex-gays telling their stories and giving general public encouragement is "soving it down throats." What do you consider "shoving it down someone's throat"?

he wasn't attracted to women...and knew from the time he was little that he liked boys. The point he made to me is that no one chooses being different like that. No one chooses to be alienated by their family. No one chooses to have a life with no kids and always being different.

Yes, yes and yes he did make those choices, your giving him a free pass instead of holding him responsible. Would you do that if one of your friends was smoking crack?/COLOR]

Do you think a 5 year old should be reviled? Cause I think that would be awfully sad. Neither of these little boys made any choices. And while my husband was, admittedly, quite relieved at my son's proclivities, I can't imagine his friend not being entitled to just as much love.

The 5 year old should be continually monitored from now on and if behavior continues treatment such as counseling should be sought.

I screwed this post up, go into the quoted section to find my thoughts on the queer college boy.

Scientific fact in the human world, male to female and vice versa..........never changes at birth.

If this is a repeat of your position that everyone is born heterosexual, it's still baseless. Biology gets lots of things wrong. Based on their numbers and based on my heterosexuality, I arrive at the possibility/probability that homosexuality is something a person is born with, and is likely as incureable as retardation, blindness, missing limbs, etc.

Same as homosexual love which in reality is just degenerate lust.

Oh, now that is just absurd. I suppose that heterosexual love is just degenerate lust.

Love, be it heterosexual or homosexual, is a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.

People should help people if those people want help. It is not our position to insist that they need help and had better get help. Unlike many people in the “homosexual community” I think that, through severe conditioning and intense counseling, you can turn a homosexual into a heterosexual. You can turn a left-handed person into a right-handed person. You can turn a smoker into a non-smoker. You could probably turn a heterosexual into a homosexual. You can turn a non-smoker into a smoker. Just as you can soften up hard clay and mold it into different things, you can change a person’s psyche but why would you do it? You would do it only if the person really wants to change.

Seems I've heard that most homosexuals claim that being gay is not their CHOICE - they wouldn't CHOOSE the gay lifestyle if there was any CHOICE about it.

Now you're saying if that if they had this CHOICE to get cured, they wouldn't take it? They would still CHOOSE to be gay?

I'm getting confused - which is it? :scratch:

No - Being homosexual means "having sex with others of the same gender".

Wow. What a limited definition. I suppose that being homosexual merely means, "having sex with others of the opposite gender". If you don't have sex, are you a homosexual or a heterosexual?

If this is a repeat of your position that everyone is born heterosexual, it's still baseless. Biology gets lots of things wrong. Based on their numbers and based on my heterosexuality, I arrive at the possibility/probability that homosexuality is something a person is born with, and is likely as incureable as retardation, blindness, missing limbs, etc.

You arrive incorrectly.

Oh, now that is just absurd. I suppose that heterosexual love is just degenerate lust.

Love, be it heterosexual or homosexual, is a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.

There he is, right on time. Can I get a lefthand or a cigarette please? What a joke.

Forum List

Back