The Story of one "EX" Gay

How many of you people for ex-gays are actually gay?
I am gay and I believe from a first hand perspective that it cannot be changed, I don't care to censor anything, but how can you proclaim that homosexuality can be changed when you yourself are not one.
If you truly believe by one person's testimonial that one's sexuality can be changed, then logic would suggest by that if a straight person became gay under therapy, then you should be able to do the same.

So what if they DO want to change?

Please give a more specific question.

Should they not be told that change is possible?

No. They should be told that change is possible, particularly if they really want to change.

Should they not hear the benefits of changing?

No.They should hear of the costs and benefits of changing and the costs and benefits of not changing.

Should the voices of those who HAVE changed be silenced just because others do not want to change?

No.They should hear from people who have changed and from those who failed to change, from those who came to terms with their homosexuality and from those who successfully embraced heterosexuality.

As when anyone is thinking of subjecting himself to medical or psychological activity, he should be given as much information as is practical.

I am gay and I believe from a first hand perspective that it cannot be changed, I don't care to censor anything, but how can you proclaim that homosexuality can be changed when you yourself are not one.
If you truly believe by one person's testimonial that one's sexuality can be changed, then logic would suggest by that if a straight person became gay under therapy, then you should be able to do the same.

There is the suggestion, still under investigation, of course, that straight people DO become gay, many times because of abuse, neglect, or other factors.

I can claim that homosexuality can be changed because of numerous testimonies, not just one.
http://www.exodus-international.org/

http://www.drthrockmorton.com/idoexist.asp

As long as the information is accurate & true, I agree. :)

There's the problem, though. There are certain things that just aren't true. And I'm sure there are lots of gay folk who would love to have the same lives, kids, family, the whole nine yards, as their heterosexual counterparts. But it doesn't happen. People are not made gay by associating with gays and are not "cured".

nienna, even though you can give me many testimonials of ex-gays, I can give you just as many, or more testimonials from gays that say that you cannot change.
I'm simply stating that if you are not gay, then how would you know.

I am also against censorship for many things, this includes ex-gay testimonials, but you also need to remember that even though some gay people may want to become straight and change, you should not necessarily be saying that it is 100% possible when there is no scientific evidence for this. Also, there are many people, like me, that do not care to change, so i don't think that you should necessarily be going to gay people and shoving it down their throats that they must change.

nienna, even though you can give me many testimonials of ex-gays, I can give you just as many, or more testimonials from gays that say that you cannot change.
I'm simply stating that if you are not gay, then how would you know.

I am also against censorship for many things, this includes ex-gay testimonials, but you also need to remember that even though some gay people may want to become straight and change, you should not necessarily be saying that it is 100% possible when there is no scientific evidence for this. Also, there are many people, like me, that do not care to change, so i don't think that you should necessarily be going to gay people and shoving it down their throats that they must change.

Your confusing behaviour with desires.

anyone see the special the other night on dateline about horomon influence in the womb influencing gay behaviour.......

what i thought was interesting was the part about son's with several older brothers being far more likeley to be gay and the high levels of hormon release that has been documented in the womb for these males that became gay.....seems the mother's womb knew that it was having lots of men and did not wnat too many competitiors to the eldest.....isn't nature interesting

Out of curiosity when did you choose to turn queer and why?

anyone see the special the other night on dateline about horomon influence in the womb influencing gay behaviour.......

what i thought was interesting was the part about son's with several older brothers being far more likeley to be gay and the high levels of hormon release that has been documented in the womb for these males that became gay.....seems the mother's womb knew that it was having lots of men and did not wnat too many competitiors to the eldest.....isn't nature interesting

Nature IS interesting. Most frogs and certain reptiles can change gender depending on the needs of the community. And, yes, I saw the special you're talking about. Good for some perspective. My closest gay friends always told me that they thought it was a combination of nature and nurture, with neither one being exclusive in terms of causation.

More scientific gobbledlygook, still waiting for that gay gene to be discovered lol.

And your scientific proof of this? I personally have never known anyone who was a "convert" to homosexuality. You?

Every single queer at one point makes a conscious choice to partake in queer activities since every single human being is born with the innate urge to mate with the OPPOSITE sex, that is scientific fact.

Queers will never admit to making that choice though, why would they? Who ever admits they fucked their life up from their own stupidity?

I was born with the DESIRE for money. I'm not a 'bank robber' until I actually rob a bank.

Get it?

Exactly. I have a neighbor who has a hot, I mean smoking wife whom I covet very much but.................I know its wrong so I don't do it. "Its like that and thats the way it is" Grandmaster Flash circa 1979

Forum List

Back