The Story of one "EX" Gay

That's like saying a shark isn't a carnivore if you keep it in a tank and never feed it.

No - but close. A shark which eats only Veggies isn't a carnivore.

A person with SEXUAL feels towards memebers of the same sex is just a person who needs HELP until they start feeding that desire.

OCA, would you please show me this "scientific fact" that I only had the desire after I had made a conscious choice.
I am very eager to see it, please show me it.

Take biology 101 and you will discover that at some point you made a choice because sure as hell people aren't born that way.

Seems I've heard that most homosexuals claim that being gay is not their CHOICE - they wouldn't CHOOSE the gay lifestyle if there was any CHOICE about it.

Now you're saying if that if they had this CHOICE to get cured, they wouldn't take it? They would still CHOOSE to be gay?

I'm getting confused - which is it? :scratch:

People say, “The devil is in the details”. There is so much political bias, prejudice, and ego floating around. There are also many people who seem to avoid deep thinking and reading. Anyway, I don’t know how I could make my point any simpler, but I will try.

Some people think that being gay is a choice. Some people think that it is not a choice.

Some people think that it is a choice and that people, given the choice, choose to be gay. Some people think that it is a choice and that people, given the choice, choose to be straight.

Some people think that being gay is not a choice but that, if given enough treatment may become straight. Finally, some people think that being gay is not a choice and that, no matter how much medical treatment and/or psychological treatment that they receive, they can never go straight.

I don’t know to what degree, if any, being gay is a choice. I don’t know to what degree, if any, being gay is not a choice. I don’t think that it matters. I don’t know how hard it would be to make a gay person into a straight person or vice versa. Yet, with respect to many conditions, I do believe that anyone, wanting to be anything, can be treated medically and/or psychologically, to become what he wants to be.

Gays can be straight if they are willing to go through perhaps very severe medical and mental treatment through many months. Even a straight person can become gay. Some gay people, after being fully informed of what the treatment may involve, might choose to remain gay.

Take biology 101 and you will discover that at some point you made a choice because sure as hell people aren't born that way.

Yep. I choose to love that person – man or woman. I choose to lust that person – man or woman. I choose to smoke cigarettes or I choose to smoke cigars - or I choose to not smoke. I choose chocolate ice cream or I choose vanilla ice cream. Life is full of choices but I don’t think that any doctor can cure me of my preference for chocolate ice cream – but it does not really matter – does it?

Help me out here. Heterosexual love is degenerate lust and homosexual love is degenerate lust?

No fool, two men cannot love each other in the same fashion that a man and woman love each other as a couple. Round peg, square hole.

Degenerate lust not love, understand?

Be a man and turn on your rep feature.

Yep. I choose to love that person – man or woman. I choose to lust that person – man or woman. I choose to smoke cigarettes or I choose to smoke cigars - or I choose to not smoke. I choose chocolate ice cream or I choose vanilla ice cream. Life is full of choices but I don’t think that any doctor can cure me of my preference for chocolate ice cream – but it does not really matter – does it?

Lol, ever hear of AIDS?

If your friend decides to shoot heroin do you say "oh well its his choice, I can't say anything"?

Come on, you know homosexuality is wrong................oh wait I forgot about that tryst of yours.

People say, “The devil is in the details”. There is so much political bias, prejudice, and ego floating around. There are also many people who seem to avoid deep thinking and reading. Anyway, I don’t know how I could make my point any simpler, but I will try.

Some people think that being gay is a choice. Some people think that it is not a choice.

Some people think that it is a choice and that people, given the choice, choose to be gay. Some people think that it is a choice and that people, given the choice, choose to be straight.

Some people think that being gay is not a choice but that, if given enough treatment may become straight. Finally, some people think that being gay is not a choice and that, no matter how much medical treatment and/or psychological treatment that they receive, they can never go straight.

I don’t know to what degree, if any, being gay is a choice. I don’t know to what degree, if any, being gay is not a choice. I don’t think that it matters. I don’t know how hard it would be to make a gay person into a straight person or vice versa. Yet, with respect to many conditions, I do believe that anyone, wanting to be anything, can be treated medically and/or psychologically, to become what he wants to be.

Gays can be straight if they are willing to go through perhaps very severe medical and mental treatment through many months. Even a straight person can become gay. Some gay people, after being fully informed of what the treatment may involve, might choose to remain gay.

Well that made it clear as mud. Some gays think this and some gays think that. It appears that nobody really knows anything for sure. Except in the Bible.

No fool, two men cannot love each other in the same fashion that a man and woman love each other as a couple. Round peg, square hole.

Degenerate lust not love, understand?

Be a man and turn on your rep feature.

Oh well. We agree to disagree. I say that two men can love each other in the same fashion that a man and woman love each other as a couple. Particularly when it comes to the deep profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person. Just look at the definition of love in dictionary.com and keep in mind that love and sex are two different things.

The only real difference that I see is that a woman’s body is not the same as a man’s physical body. Therefore penis-vagina sex is not possible. But outside of that minor technicality, homosexual love is the same as heterosexual love.

I am a man whether or not I turn on the rep feature.

OCA, you should probably go back to college, or if you haven't, go to college because you are not describing biology. Last time I checked, gender and sexuality is not in the course curriculum of a biology course, you are probably talking more about the realm of psychology.
And by the way, if you think psychology says homosexuality is a choice and that it is wrong, then I would advise you to take a psychology course.
A Logic course may also help you because you seem to lack it.

Well that made it clear as mud. Some gays think this and some gays think that. It appears that nobody really knows anything for sure. Except in the Bible.

Well, it looks like you are beginning to understand that not all things are Black-and-White. Do all Republicans agree with George Bush on everything? Do all men like baseball? No. Individuals are different. Pat Robertson does not speak for all Christians. “Gay" organizations don’t speak for each individual gay person. Ultimately, you are responsible for yourself.

Why did you bring up the Bible? That seems like it belongs in an entirely different thread. (1.) First of all, the Bible’s reliability and validity is easily debated. Some people consider it to be a good piece of fiction coupled with good advice. In a way, it is not far removed from Aesop’s fables. (2.) Secondly, even those who believe that God exists, and that the Bible is true, have their own translation and interpretation of it. Some people have even been able to argue that god does not condone homosexuality. If you actually care to read from their perspective, a brief google search should suffice. (3.) Thirdly, and ultimately, people might choose to go to hell. Look, when all is said and done, if God exist, he she it or they with be the ultimate judge for each person. – You will not be their judge.

OCA, you should probably go back to college, or if you haven't, go to college because you are not describing biology. Last time I checked, gender and sexuality is not in the course curriculum of a biology course, you are probably talking more about the realm of psychology.
And by the way, if you think psychology says homosexuality is a choice and that it is wrong, then I would advise you to take a psychology course.
A Logic course may also help you because you seem to lack it.

Good point. OCA seems to be overly focused on the physical aspects of relationships. You are also right in recommending that he take a course in basic logic. Don’t hold your breath with the hope that he improves. I’ve debated him for months and even when I clearly point to his erroneous and fallacious comments, he almost never admits to them.

Well, it looks like you are beginning to understand that not all things are Black-and-White. Do all Republicans agree with George Bush on everything? Do all men like baseball? No. Individuals are different. Pat Robertson does not speak for all Christians. “Gay" organizations don’t speak for each individual gay person. Ultimately, you are responsible for yourself.

Why did you bring up the Bible? That seems like it belongs in an entirely different thread. (1.) First of all, the Bible’s reliability and validity is easily debated. Some people consider it to be a good piece of fiction coupled with good advice. In a way, it is not far removed from Aesop’s fables. (2.) Secondly, even those who believe that God exists, and that the Bible is true, have their own translation and interpretation of it. Some people have even been able to argue that god does not condone homosexuality. If you actually care to read from their perspective, a brief google search should suffice. (3.) Thirdly, and ultimately, people might choose to go to hell. Look, when all is said and done, if God exist, he she it or they with be the ultimate judge for each person. – You will not be their judge.

Yep, you're right, there are lots of different opinions and none of us will be the ultimate judge of anyone. However, here and now, we the people are the judge and jury of behavior within the confines of our country and the majority rules.

:gang1:

Yep, you're right, there are lots of different opinions and none of us will be the ultimate judge of anyone. However, here and now, we the people are the judge and jury of behavior within the confines of our country and the majority rules.

:gang1:

Yes. The majority can be wrong with its views, policies, or even with its opinions. Saying that the majority has this opinion says nothing except that the majority has this opinion. Still, we live in a Republic (a representative democracy) where the majority typically rules. I think that we agree with that.

yes dmp, I understand your point, but, I was not talking about acting, but rather the desire. Being gay means that on ehas a sexual attraction towards the same sex, nienna was arguing the point of whether or not that attraction can be changed. Of course if I wanted to, I could be celibate for the rest of my life, but it still would not change my attraction towards men. Chances are that people that are considering to change are probably not having sex.
And even though you desire money, do you think that you could change you desire so that you detested money?

Human nature can be changed. Human nature has been changed in the past. Human nature must be changed to a large extent if we are to avoid utter destruction.

Forum List

Back