The stimulus worked

I project that the Euro is going to collapse within two weeks. Goodbye solidarity of the European Economic Union. It will be a thing to discuss in world history for the next hundred years or less..
I don't see that happening any time soon. The EU is propped up almost better than we are.

If the bottom falls out of the Euro, it doesn't necessarily follow that would be bad for the dollar right away anyhow.

In your zeal to promote panic, you're forgetting how resilient the markets really are.

You obviously do not have a clue what is going on around you, do you?

In my sixty two years of life I have learned a lot about reality. Go take a course from Doctor Reality and tell me what you have learned.
You really should take a little dose of your own advice there.

Whats a few trillion in debt? It's not like college graduates are already nearly $100,000 in debt, right?

I guess your stating we are coming out of a recession? Nobody will deny that rdean, so what's your point?

Coming out of a Recession? Tain't no way in hell. We are collapsing into the Greatest Depression in World History.

WOW, a real live fearmonger. I read what you stated after you did your tea leaves predictions, and I came up with a .....your full of shit. Please give us your evidence, instead of your self proclaimed vision.

Economy grows at fastest pace in 6 years - Stocks & economy- msnbc.com

The U.S. economy grew at a faster-than-expected 5.7 percent pace in the fourth quarter, the quickest pace in more than six years, as businesses reduced inventories less aggressively, the Commerce Department said on Friday.

The first estimate put fourth-quarter gross domestic product growth at its fastest pace since the third quarter of 2003. The economy expanded at a 2.2 percent annual rate in the third quarter.

This should be in the cyber funny papers!

I guess your stating we are coming out of a recession? Nobody will deny that rdean, so what's your point?

Coming out of a Recession? Tain't no way in 'ell. We are collapsing into the Greatest Depression in World History.

WOW, a real live fearmonger. I read what you stated after you did your tea leaves predictions, and I came up with a .....your full of shit. Please give us your evidence, instead of your self proclaimed vision.

I have been presenting the evidence all along. I have put up chart after chart after chart and tons of data on this forum. Go back and look at it. By the way, I am a life long Democrat and have nothing to do with tea bags. I don't even like tea, but drink Coffee by the gallon.

Here is a chart or two for you to look at:

MILLIONSUI.jpg

NEWHOUSESALESINAMERICA.jpg

LOSTTRILLIONS.png

THIS CHART SHOWS WHERE THE YEARLY AVERAGE FOR INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION IS TAKING US.

INDUSTRIALPRODUCTIONATENDOFYEAR.jpg

Last edited:
Of those charts 4 are about homes. You can pretend the stimulus was supposed to immediately bring the home crisis back in time to Pre Bush but I dont think any sane person would claim that.

If you look at a graph of the new month by month unemployement totals for two years you would have to realise that the trend is fewer people losing their jobs.

You will continue to pretend that the stimulus is not having a possitive effect on the economy but that does not make it true.

Of those charts 4 are about homes. You can pretend the stimulus was supposed to immediately bring the home crisis back in time to Pre Bush but I dont think any sane person would claim that.

If you look at a graph of the new month by month unemployement totals for two years you would have to realise that the trend is fewer people losing their jobs.

You will continue to pretend that the stimulus is not having a possitive effect on the economy but that does not make it true.

The stimulus was a pay back for the unions, truth. Do you remember when the feds gave the money for job creation, the stipulaton was union wage jobs....do you remember that? That's why it has been a bust in job creations. As for less unemployment....still real bad with the numbers, and like I stated in an earlier post directed at you, and you failed to respond. It's a natural cycle of the recession. Recessions have happened in nearly every decade, and it usually lasts 1-2 years, this maybe up to 3 years. remember that one...no response from you? I figured you just didn't have a snappy comeback to it.
Go to post #43, if you want an education on recessions

Last edited:

The stimulus was a pay back for the unions, truth. Do you remember when the feds gave the money for job creation, the stipulaton was union wage jobs....do you remember that? (No I dont so please prove it)That's why it has been a bust in job creations. As for less unemployment....still real bad with the numbers, and like I stated in an earlier post directed at you, and you failed to respond.(give me the post number and Ill go back and answer it, sometimes I do actual real world stuff instead of posting on that series of tubes, Oh I see it in the bottom of the post ,Ill check it out) It's a natural cycle of the recession. Recessions have happened in nearly every decade, and it usually lasts 1-2 years, this maybe up to 3 years. remember that one...no response from you? I figured you just didn't have a snappy comeback to it.

Yes recessions are often short lived but this was no ordinary recession now was it. Who presided over this little mess do you remember?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/100035-list-of-all-the-recessions-in-the-us.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_recessions_in_the_United_States

Here is a list of all the recessions in US history.

You want to talk about an ignored post take a look at the thread I started with this rock hard ass facts in it about the economy.

Only one con was willing to touch the subject and all he did was taunt.

Take a good hard look at what the right wants to see in our economy.

Unfettered caplitalism produces HUGE swings in the market that crushes the little guy.

Last edited:

The stimulus was a pay back for the unions, truth. Do you remember when the feds gave the money for job creation, the stipulaton was union wage jobs....do you remember that? (No I dont so please prove it)That's why it has been a bust in job creations. As for less unemployment....still real bad with the numbers, and like I stated in an earlier post directed at you, and you failed to respond.(give me the post number and Ill go back and answer it, sometimes I do actual real world stuff instead of posting on that series of tubes, Oh I see it in the bottom of the post ,Ill check it out) It's a natural cycle of the recession. Recessions have happened in nearly every decade, and it usually lasts 1-2 years, this maybe up to 3 years. remember that one...no response from you? I figured you just didn't have a snappy comeback to it.

Yes recessions are often short lived but this was no ordinary recession now was it. Who presided over this little mess do you remember?

This wansn't a soft recession, but there are a lot that aren't soft...like the one in the late 70's and early 80's. That one may have been even harder than this one.
One thing you will never admit to, Truth, is that it takes a group effort to get things to where they are today. It takes politicians from both sides. The ball started rolling under Clinton, and progressed under Bush. I know, I know that can't be, because it's just Boooooosh in your world, and that is why everyone knows you as a partisan hack.

This is not going to end well for the conservative theorys and ideas.

This will be the second time Rs have screwed the economy and that dems had to FIX the mess the republicans made in ONE lifetime.

hahahahahahah :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm using that as my sig.

But in all seriousness.. are you saying that the stimulus worked? Show me please, wasn't it suppose to create new jobs? I still see Unemployment in the shit hole.

It's kind of the opposite, Both Parties screwed up, it's time to get all the Rep and Libs out of Congress who wont promise to stop the spending.

Both parties created this mess, because both parties did not rein in the corrupt policies of the Big Banks. Greenspan sat on the sidelines and initially decried the corrupt practices that he was seeing, but eventually, he, too gave into the corruption. I realized that when seven years ago he started shilling for the ARM industry while still the Fed Chairman. Do any of you remember his repeated statements telling people that ARM's were the way to go? Unbelievable corruption. It did not take a genius IQ to know what ARM's could do to the economy and to house prices if people started defaulting. We would have a slowly falling house of cards exactly as I predicted seven years ago when Greenspan sold his soul to the devil.

On the key issue that I presented to Obama, "Government can help create jobs in the private sector just as easy as it has destroyed them." Government policies are directly responsible for millions of good paying American Jobs going overseas.

Obama has done absolutely jack chit nuttin' about restoring those jobs.

Government doesn't create jobs directly other than by increasing Federal jobs and that is usually a loss of money because no productive work is created but Government can create a favorable environment for job creation just like it created an unfavorable environment for job destruction.

Restoring those lost jobs should have been his top priority if he was really a Democratic President instead of a shill for the Big Banking Industry like Greenspan became when he sold his soul. I say Impeach him, try him, and once found guilty, punish him appropriately for High Treason against the people of the United States.

If Obama really wanted to do something, he would have done it while he had a tremendous voting advantage in Congress. Instead, he has wasted a whole year and is only now speaking as if he was a true Democrat at heart. BOLSHOI!!!

You do realise that it has created jobs right?

The bleeding of jobs was created by the last fiasco of a president.

Do you remember all the blaming of Clinton by the right for the mild recession that started while Clinton was still in office?

You see the right does this shit all the time.

Recessions are normal, the regulation put in place after the GD helped mitigate their effects and we had a realitively stable economy with mild recessions and booms for decades after that, THEN Glass Steagal was killed after years of the right tryoing to get it done. Clinton like an asshole thought he could fsign it and let the Rs face the effects later and have Gore fix it when he was elected. Bush stole the election and then NEVER fixed the negative effects on the economy that the regulation gap left. We ened up with a new great depression that TARP held back for the momment. Then Obama did the stimulus and kept it from freefalling. You people will pretend that stimulus did not work even though all the economic biggys agree that it stemed the tide.

Things are going to take years to find a new normal. This is not Obamas fault it is the people who allowed this to steamroll along while many people warned it was building.

You dont crash the car and then blame the mechanic for not fixing the engine, body and frame in less time than it took you to crash the car.

Both parties created this mess, because both parties did not rein in the corrupt policies of the Big Banks. Greenspan sat on the sidelines and initially decried the corrupt practices that he was seeing, but eventually, he, too gave into the corruption. I realized that when seven years ago he started shilling for the ARM industry while still the Fed Chairman. Do any of you remember his repeated statements telling people that ARM's were the way to go? Unbelievable corruption. It did not take a genius IQ to know what ARM's could do to the economy and to house prices if people started defaulting. We would have a slowly falling house of cards exactly as I predicted seven years ago when Greenspan sold his soul to the devil.

On the key issue that I presented to Obama, "Government can help create jobs in the private sector just as easy as it has destroyed them." Government policies are directly responsible for millions of good paying American Jobs going overseas.

Obama has done absolutely jack chit nuttin' about restoring those jobs.

Government doesn't create jobs directly other than by increasing Federal jobsbullshit, they can cerate private sector jobs by providing investment in infrastructure. You do realise that when those people get a paycheck they then spend some of it in stores and shit right? Every job created provides money to the private sector by providing an employed person with money to spend. and that is usually a loss of money because no productive work is created You are insane. You hate government irrationally so much you blind yourself to all of the very important worlk that government people do. Police, Drs, nurses, engineers, soldiers and so many more. Why do you hate your own country and so much?but Government can create a favorable environment for job creation just like it created an unfavorable environment for job destruction.

Restoring those lost jobs should have been his top priority if he was really a Democratic President instead of a shill for the Big Banking Industry like Greenspan became when he sold his soul. I say Impeach him, try him, and once found guilty, punish him appropriately for High Treason against the people of the United States. Tell me of any private sector postition that could create all those jobs in one year? What you required of Obama was a miracle. No wonder all you people kept calling Obama the messiah.

If Obama really wanted to do something, he would have done it while he had a tremendous voting advantage in Congress. Instead, he has wasted a whole year and is only now speaking as if he was a true Democrat at heart. BOLSHOI!!!

So make up your mind , was he cramming things down your throat or was he doing nothing?

Forum List

Back