The stimulus worked

Yeah it would have been REALLLLLLY sweet not to have to use a stimulus but without it this mess that exsisted would have been worse.

Every move has its consequences and we will have to pay this down in the end but at least we dont have an economy that will give us the ability to pay it down instead of a depression to try and survive through

The govt seems to think that if they spin the numbers right and bring up consumer confidence everything will grow.

Not true. We have offshored too many jobs and import too much. Some more fundamental changes must take place for us to have real growth.

TM most of this "growth" was due to increased oil/energy costs and govt spending.
Not really a good thing for the average person as they have to pay more for energy and the govt spending growth is fleeting.

Just how I see it.

I had to Pos Rep you for that, I hope you won't think more of me as a result

TM most of this "growth" was due to increased oil/energy costs and govt spending.
Not really a good thing for the average person as they have to pay more for energy and the govt spending growth is fleeting.

Just how I see it.

I had to Pos Rep you for that, I hope you won't think more of me as a result

LOL, Don't worry Frank you will always be an asshole to me :)
Thanks for the rep.

Just how I see it.

You are right usc and by saying that is saying the stimulus is working.

Its partly do to government spending.

Yeah it would have been REALLLLLLY sweet not to have to use a stimulus but without it this mess that exsisted would have been worse.

Every move has its consequences and we will have to pay this down in the end but at least we dont have an economy that will give us the ability to pay it down instead of a depression to try and survive through

I am not saying that the stimulus was not needed and did not help, but it is just a temp helping out. Growth based on it is temporary.

Which is why the money is going to trickle out over the next few years.

I remember everyone on the right at least complaining that they did not inject all of the money all at once.

This country will be better off with a slower more sustainable recovery than more boom bust cycle the Bush buttheads fed to keep their numbers up and their friends uber rich.

Which is why the money is going to trickle out over the next few years.

I remember everyone on the right at lest complaining that they did not inject all of the money all at once.

This country will be better off with a slower more sustainable recovery than more boom bust cycle the Bush buttheads fed to keep their numbers up and their friends uber rich.

I have to agree with that.

Of course a slower recovery is all we can hope for.
This is not just an adjustment nor bump as was predicted by the finiancial eggspurts.
Which btw we are still listening to for some unfathonable reason.

Whatever it is there is a best way to deal with it other than losing our minds and pretending what isnt is.

I know I will likely be fine at this point in my life but I sure do hope we can turn this into something sane for the kids in this country.

They sure deserved to inherit better than the condition Bush and team created with the help of everyone before them.

Whatever it is there is a best way to deal with it other than losing our minds and pretending what isnt is.

I know I will likely be fine at this point in my life but I sure do hope we can turn this into something sane for the kids in this country.

They sure deserved to inherit better than the condition Bush and team created with the help of everyone before them.

you wake up everyday with booooooooooooooooooooooooosh on yer lips.. sucks to be yew! donut?

True.

I really do not think we have suffered enough yet to make the choices we need to make to make America strong again.

We are by and large a spoiled lazy hard headed bunch.

There is no evidence to back up your claim. In fact, the stimulus appears to be just another big government 'slush fund' used to pay off Obama supporters and increase the debt of the US by at least a trillion dollars. It's like cocaine. It'll make you feel good for a while, but in the end you'll pay a big price.

True.

I really do not think we have suffered enough yet to make the choices we need to make to make America strong again.

I think some have not suffered enough, I think there are plenty who have been suffering for a very long time.

There is no evidence to back up your claim. In fact, the stimulus appears to be just another big government 'slush fund' used to pay off Obama supporters and increase the debt of the US by at least a trillion dollars. It's like cocaine. It'll make you feel good for a while, but in the end you'll pay a big price.

We have been on that track for 30 years....

True.

I think some have not suffered enough, I think there are plenty who have been suffering for a very long time.

Yeah many have been and are suffering. However as far as making big changes in the way the USA operates they are ignored.

Throughout US history suffering by the haves are what has made changes happen.
The have nots do not count for much in America.

Last edited:
They better open that can of whoopass or they will have wasted our chance to get this right.

We have a whoopass shortage since all our whoopass is imported from China now.

I am glad I still have a couple of barells of good ol merican whoopass out in the barn.

Last edited:
Maybe they will find one in the basement of the white house.

it may be dated 1944 but was pretty strong stuff so Im sure its still good.

We have been on that track for 30 years....

Yep. This is yet another example of spending what we don't have. It can only lead to bankruptcy.

Forum List

Back