The Holidays thread, Thanksgiving thru New Years 2024

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
The Bee Hive State
You can post anything about the Holidays happening for you between Thanksgiving and New Years Day.

Some people miss loved ones or are alone on holidays. NAMI offers free zoom chats group therapy. There is no requirement to turn your camera on or audio. But if you want to talk you would turn at least the mic on. It's free and helps other people feel connected if they are feeling disconnected.

Home | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness

Support Groups | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness

You can share anything else that might help people who are alone this season if you want to.

You can post anything about the Holidays happening for you between Thanksgiving and New Years Day.

Some people miss loved ones or are alone on holidays. NAMI offers free zoom chats group therapy. There is no requirement to turn your camera on or audio. But if you want to talk you would turn at least the mic on. It's free and helps other people feel connected if they are feeling disconnected.

Home | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness

Support Groups | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness

You can share anything else that might help people who are alone this season if you want to.

I'll think of something, sweetheart.

So what are you guys thankful for this year then? I'm thankful for my fiancee (and the fact that we're going out for an early Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow night) and the fact that my parents adopted me when I was a baby. :)

It used to be for grandfathers but was changed to grandmothers
The poem was originally published as "The New-England Boy's Song about Thanksgiving Day" in Child's Flowers for Children.[5] It celebrates the author's childhood memories of visiting her grandfather's house (said to be the Paul Curtis House). Lydia Maria Child was a novelist, journalist, teacher, and poet who wrote extensively about the need to eliminate slavery.[6]

The poem was eventually set to a tune by an unknown composer. The song version is sometimes presented with lines about Christmas, rather than Thanksgiving. For instance, the line "Hurrah for Thanksgiving Day!" becomes "Hurrah for Christmas Day!" As a Christmas song, it has been recorded as "A Merry Christmas at Grandmother's". Although the modern Thanksgiving holiday is not always associated with snow (snow in late November occasionally occurs in the northern states and is rare at best elsewhere in the United States), New England in the early 19th century was enduring the Little Ice Age, a colder era with earlier winters.

Well looks like the left is trying to ruin Thanksgiving too. This use to be one of my favorite Thanksgiving traditions but not anymore.

Forum List

Back