The Bible. Myth or Reality?

Jesus does not force people to believe, he teaches in stories a better way that make sense.

I agree with this 100% - people should behave more like Jesus. People are flawed and many self-professed Christians simply are not Christian's at all.

& E were doing exactly what we are all told to do.
Why is that wrong or a sin?
Are you sinning when you seek knowledge and becoming more like God?

It was a sin because they were disobedient to God. God, in his perfect wisdom, knew they were better off NOT eating the fruit, but, they did so anyway, and forfeited a perfect life.

If God cannot know as much as humans about sex, why should we follow his rules for it and not our more intelligent rules?

I'm just saying it may (or may not?) be part of Heaven. Honestly I don't know so that will remain to be seen.

& E were doing exactly what we are all told to do.
Why is that wrong or a sin?
Are you sinning when you seek knowledge and becoming more like God?

It was a sin because they were disobedient to God. God, in his perfect wisdom, knew they were better off NOT eating the fruit, but, they did so anyway, and forfeited a perfect life.

So life for then as blind, stupid and not reproducing and always remaining alone and not doing what scriptures say is a good thing to do --- is a good life to you.

Your religion has really made you what A & E were before gaining knowledge.

So far you show that your morals and your intelligence has been corrupted by your religion. Nice for me and the lurkers to see.

Regards
DL

If God cannot know as much as humans about sex, why should we follow his rules for it and not our more intelligent rules?

I'm just saying it may (or may not?) be part of Heaven. Honestly I don't know so that will remain to be seen.

Again you ignore the question of authority.

I sense I will be ignoring you soon as you offer nothing.

I hope you are as young as you seem to be. That will give you time to straighten out your slave mentality.

Regards
DL

I hope you are as young as you seem to be. That will give you time to straighten out your slave mentality.

Regards
DL

Ask me one point blank question and I will give you one point blank answer. God has the ultimate authority and 100% knowledge of everything. I'm not sure how much clearer I can be about that. You can ignore me if you want, that is your option. I'm 51. I'm not a slave. I probably have not fully given my life to Christ, but, I do know that I should and it's to my disadvantage not to. I'm only hurting myself by not doing so, because man's thoughts, intelligence, desires and agendas have only proven to be flawed and damaging.

Regards
DL

Ask me one point blank question and I will give you one point blank answer. God has the ultimate authority and 100% knowledge of everything. I'm not sure how much clearer I can be about that. You can ignore me if you want, that is your option. I'm 51. I'm not a slave. I probably have not fully given my life to Christ, but, I do know that I should and it's to my disadvantage not to. I'm only hurting myself by not doing so, because man's thoughts, intelligence, desires and agendas have only proven to be flawed and damaging.

A question on the so called sacrifice of Jesus.

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

Do you agree?

Regards

DL

Regards
DL

Let me ask on e on what you just put here as well if I may.

You are making positive statements about God.

Do you have any moral responsibility to prove your statements?

Regards
DL

The King James Bible is the truth. You need no other book to find the way to eternal life. Jesus Christ is the Word that became flesh and dwelt among men. He came to earth not to condemn us but that through Him we might be saved. Salvation comes from Christ alone. The Only Book you need is the BIBLE. Read it and ask the LORD to reveal Himself to you. When you ask Him be willing to do the will of God. John 7:17 is for you today!

So people who can't read Jacobean English can't have access to the Truth and the Way?

Regards
DL

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

Do you agree?

Regards

DL

Blaming every generation for the action of one person eating an apple thousands of years before is not moral either.
People should not be born with sin.

Using a child for sacrifice, when it was already banned since god ask abraham to sacrifice Issac, how moral is using Jesus as a lamb?

Since Jews are not cannibals, the blood and body, wine and bread has been blamed on jews with passover matzot and the blood libels have been used to persecute jews for hundreds of years. It is actually what christians do, not jews. Jews don't drink blood or eat non-kosher meats. Other faith see and hear about the eucharist as a form of cannibalism. And the suffering image on the cross is viewed as cruel and vulgar.

Regards
DL

Do you agree?

Regards

DL

Blaming every generation for the action of one person eating an apple thousands of years before is not moral either.

Using a child for sacrifice, when it was already banned since god ask abraham to sacrifice Issac, how moral is using Jesus as a lamb?

Since Jews are not cannibals, the blood and body, wine and bread has been blamed on jews with passover matzot and the blood libels have been used to persecute jews for hundreds of years. It is actually what christians do, not jews. Jews don't drink blood or eat non-kosher meats. Other faith see and hear about the eucharist as a form of cannibalism. And the suffering image on the cross is viewed as cruel and vulgar.

So where exactly do you get your moral code from?

Jesus is God so it was his choice to sacrificially give his life on the cross for us. Instead of trying to look at it as "immoral" we should be grateful he shed his life to save us.

Both body and blood are symbolic. It certainly is a shame it had to come to this, but, unless you are willing to take God at his word and accept that he is perfect and sinless, this will never make sense to you.

You are making positive statements about God.
Do you have any moral responsibility to prove your statements?

I think if you have the ability to defend your beliefs and faith you should. I am not going to say I am a Biblical scholar, or know all the answers. I'm sure there are many more people out there more educated, spiritually mature and able to defend the faith. I do however feel compelled to share my experiences and what I have learned during my Christian walk, so, at this point, I wish I could do a better job at proving my statements. I hope that through my words, people will see some validity in it and perhaps look into it more on their own. Like planting a seed.

To answer your question, no, I would not say I have a moral responsibility to prove anything I have to say.

Would it be best and fair if I did? Yes.

However, if everyone waited to be ready to defend every single argument against God, not many people would be out there talking about Christ. The simple truth of the Gospel rings true for many people immediately. But for people like yourself, yes, you should be discussing a matter as serious as this with someone more informed than myself. I will admit to that.

I have a moral responsibility to speak truth, and, if I make errors, that is between myself and God. I don't mind being challenged, but, ultimately, I only have to answer to God.

Do you agree?

Jesus is not another person. Jesus is God. So, it's a "self sacrifice", so, no I don't agree.

Regards
DL

Do you agree?

Regards

DL

No argument.

What most have forgotten is that Christianity was in large part formed by Rome to help foster hate against the Jews.

It worked better and longer than anyone would have guessed.

People, especially those in the Abrahamic cults feed on hate.

Have a look at this story where the Christian love of hate for all not of their ilk, had a preacher who told the truth forced to recant and return to the immoral construct of hell.

Regards
DL

You need an ancient storybook to know right from wrong?

Do you have a better suggestion?

Yes. Something you do not like to do. Think for yourself.

You refuse to follow your own scripture.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.
---------------------------

Test these things.

Do you agree?

----------------------

Regards
DL

Jesus is God so it was his choice to sacrificially give his life on the cross for us. Instead of trying to look at it as "immoral" we should be grateful he shed his life to save us.

Both body and blood are symbolic. It certainly is a shame it had to come to this, but, unless you are willing to take God at his word and accept that he is perfect and sinless, this will never make sense to you.

Lying is not a good way to put a point across. You do not seem to have read your bible.

"it was his choice to sacrificially give his life"

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

He was chosen. It was not his choice and scriptures are clear when he says he was doing the Fathers will and not his own.

To your last.
Is torturing a baby for 6 days before finally killing is as God is shown doing with King David's baby, because of his anger at David, what a perfect sinless God would do or is that murder a sin to you?

Or is torturing a baby somehow good justice?

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back