The Bible. Myth or Reality?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAEpc1zhcuo

As a Gnostic Christian I see literal reading of the Bible as a gross distortion of what the Bible was written to do. That being to inspire people to seek God and his best laws and rules. Literal readers just become idol worshipers and do not seek God the way Jesus instructed.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Literal reading has created and idol worshiping closed minded people who have settled for an immoral God whom we name as a demiurge as his morals, if literally true, are more satanic than God like.

Literal reading has also created a climate where scholars and experts, historians and archeologist, and all the academically well accepted information they uncover, --- is being ignored or called lies by those who are not academics of the various disciplines.

What is the point of producing good academics if literalists are going to ignore facts because of blind faith?

Remember please that if not a book of myths, then real talking serpents are somehow supposed to still exist and believers have to believe in a lot of supernatural phenomenon without any evidence whatsoever. Literalist Christians, it seems to me, have suspended rational judgement that has created in Christians a new Dark Age of thought and an Inquisitional attitude towards all other thinking. They no longer seek God and are true idol worshipers instead of the God seekers that Jesus wanted to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvBxFXQy7-M

Do you think the Bible to be a book of myths or a book trying to show reality and history?

Regards
DL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAEpc1zhcuo

As a Gnostic Christian I see literal reading of the Bible as a gross distortion of what the Bible was written to do. That being to inspire people to seek God and his best laws and rules. Literal readers just become idol worshipers and do not seek God the way Jesus instructed.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Literal reading has created and idol worshiping closed minded people who have settled for an immoral God whom we name as a demiurge as his morals, if literally true, are more satanic than God like.

Literal reading has also created a climate where scholars and experts, historians and archeologist, and all the academically well accepted information they uncover, --- is being ignored or called lies by those who are not academics of the various disciplines.

What is the point of producing good academics if literalists are going to ignore facts because of blind faith?

Remember please that if not a book of myths, then real talking serpents are somehow supposed to still exist and believers have to believe in a lot of supernatural phenomenon without any evidence whatsoever. Literalist Christians, it seems to me, have suspended rational judgement that has created in Christians a new Dark Age of thought and an Inquisitional attitude towards all other thinking. They no longer seek God and are true idol worshipers instead of the God seekers that Jesus wanted to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvBxFXQy7-M

Do you think the Bible to be a book of myths or a book trying to show reality and history?

Regards
DL
Aren't you simply trying to show the validity of the Gnostic Gospels?

The OT is mainly myths and oral stories changed and handed down, wrote by godless barbaric people.

The NT wrote by a more progressive people, more humane, better people that still had to deal with the godless people, which Rome finally did in 70AD, but they are still here.

The OT is mainly myths and oral stories changed and handed down, wrote by godless barbaric people.

The NT wrote by a more progressive people, more humane, better people that still had to deal with the godless people, which Rome finally did in 70AD, but they are still here.

ROFLMAO I hope the NT was WROTE by people more literate than are you. Unfortunately ---the same people ----who THE NT WAS WROTE by engaged in
extensive barbarity and committed genocide against hundreds of millions upon whom people of your ilk dance with joy. Most of the people who adhere to the writings of the NT----are, fortunately, way ahead of filth of your ilk-----and have repudiated the filth you so love

I am not sure what you mean by validity.

All Gospels are based on myth including the Gnostic Gospels.

Our theology gets more out of ours than what Christianity does, morality wise and that is about the only claim I would validate.

I will wait for your definition of validity though.

Regards
DL

Yes. Constantine's church and the Inquisition did not kill them all.

Regards
DL

If any of you lack wisdom let Him ask of God who gives to all men liberally and upbraideth not and it shall be given to him.

do the doctrine and you will know if it's from the Father or whether I speak of myself.

the scriptures are full of exhortations to go to God and find out the truth for ourselves

men can lie to men. But God will not lie to man. The only reasonable place to go to know if the Bible is correct is God. Things of the Spirit will be taught by the Spirit. The Holy Ghost will teach us the truth of all things.

The King James Bible is the truth. You need no other book to find the way to eternal life. Jesus Christ is the Word that became flesh and dwelt among men. He came to earth not to condemn us but that through Him we might be saved. Salvation comes from Christ alone. The Only Book you need is the BIBLE. Read it and ask the LORD to reveal Himself to you. When you ask Him be willing to do the will of God. John 7:17 is for you today!

Our theology gets more out of ours than what Christianity does, morality wise and that is about the only claim I would validate.

Regards
DL
The Bible and the Gnostic Gospels can not both be reality, factually sound. Would your question not be better phrased as a specific fact which the Bible states which the Gnostic Gospel refutes? By better phrased I mean to address the intent of your question better.

If any of you lack wisdom let Him ask of God who gives to all men liberally and upbraideth not and it shall be given to him.

do the doctrine and you will know if it's from the Father or whether I speak of myself.

the scriptures are full of exhortations to go to God and find out the truth for ourselves

men can lie to men. But God will not lie to man. The only reasonable place to go to know if the Bible is correct is God. Things of the Spirit will be taught by the Spirit. The Holy Ghost will teach us the truth of all things.
Is that true of the OT? I was fascinated to find very little, if any references to preachers or seeking the LORD personally. In the Book of Job it says to go ask a squirrel. I tried that but with very little wisdom gathered so far. I'll keep trying though.

Then ask your holy spook why your God is creating those abominations.

Less of your preachy garbage and more facts are the order of the day.

Regards
DL

The King James Bible is the truth. You need no other book to find the way to eternal life. Jesus Christ is the Word that became flesh and dwelt among men. He came to earth not to condemn us but that through Him we might be saved. Salvation comes from Christ alone. The Only Book you need is the BIBLE. Read it and ask the LORD to reveal Himself to you. When you ask Him be willing to do the will of God. John 7:17 is for you today!

Human sacrifice is evil and your God demanding one and accepting one is evil.

You trying to profit from that evil is evil. Do just a bit of thinking and you will agree.

Imagine you have two children. One of your children does something wrong – say it curses, or throws a temper tantrum, or something like that. In fact, say it does this on a regular basis, and you continually forgive your child, but it never seems to change.

Now suppose one day you’ve had enough, you need to do something different. You still wish to forgive your child, but nothing has worked. Do you go to your second child, your good child, and punish it to atone for the sins of the first?

In fact, if you ever saw a parent on the street punish one of their children for the actions of their other child, how would you react? Would you support their decision, or would you be offended? Because God punished Jesus -- his good child -- for the sins of his other children.

Interestingly, some historical royal families would beat their slaves when their own children did wrong – you should not, after all, ever beat a prince. The question is: what kind of lesson does that teach the child who actually did the harm? Does it teach them to be a better person, to stop doing harm, or does it teach them both that they won't themselves be punished, and also that punishing other people is normal? I know that's not a lesson I would want to teach my children, and I suspect it's not a lesson most Christians would want to teach theirs. So why does God?

For me, that’s at least one significant reason I find Jesus’ atonement of our sin to be morally repugnant – of course, that’s assuming Jesus ever existed; that original sin actually exists; that God actually exists; etc.

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
The Bible and the Gnostic Gospels can not both be reality, factually sound. Would your question not be better phrased as a specific fact which the Bible states which the Gnostic Gospel refutes? By better phrased I mean to address the intent of your question better.

As I indicated, all scriptures are myths.

That is why they cannot both be reality. Neither is reality.

Myths are never factually sound except to their own story lines. Any relationship to reality is accidental.

If I have to refute a myth to someone then they are literalists and believe with faith without facts and they are likely immune to facts.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Myths are never factually sound except to their own story lines. Any relationship to reality is accidental.

If I have to refute a myth to someone then they are literalists and believe with faith without facts and they are likely immune to facts.

Regards
DL
Did I not just read you say you were a Gnostic Christian? As JakeStarkey just stated, "Gnosticism is another form of theism, "

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Did I not just read you say you were a Gnostic Christian? As JakeStarkey just stated, "Gnosticism is another form of theism, "
Oh, yeah, GreatestIam has admitted elsewhere to being Gnostic and a Blessed. Like a Muslim, a gnostic can morally lie on behalf of the belief system.

Organized religion is simply the method the ancients used to gain control of the minds, and eventually the wealth of the masses..
The bible, koran, and other such mythological rantings were simply the handbooks they used in the process..

The Bible is a great story about humans, their psychology, politics and foibles. In that way there is great truth. In details, there may be less literal reality.
Such books, and religion in general, can only point in a certain direction. They are like a map. The represent territory, but they are not the territory.

It's very dangerous to mock the Holy Spirit.

it also demonstrates you don't know anything about the spiritual

The King James Bible is the truth.
Prove it. Got a talking snake with you?
You need no other book to find the way to eternal life.
I'm quite sure the Hindus, the mormons, the muslims and all the other religious people in the world would disagree with you. So you must now provide evidence for these assertions.
Jesus Christ is the Word that became flesh and dwelt among men.
Actually any word is a word. Try it. Yoda, Snapper, hopscotch, they're all words. Of course he's flesh, he's not made of mud or playdough.
He came to earth not to condemn us but that through Him we might be saved. Salvation comes from Christ alone. The Only Book you need is the BIBLE. Read it and ask the LORD to reveal Himself to you. When you ask Him be willing to do the will of God. John 7:17 is for you today!
Wait a minute. You're just preaching. You're not even interested in debating the topic. You are using a public forum to preach your religion and claim to all that it is the truth without an ounce of evidence. Good luck with that.

Forum List

Back