The Bible. Myth or Reality?

It is not a free gift if one must sell his soul to Satan by embracing barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that it is good justice for us to shed our responsibilities for our sin and to take advantage of the injustice to God's innocent victim.

God offered himself as sacrifice for our sins. Jesus IS God. If you willingly make a sacrifice, you are not an innocent victim. Jesus could have saved himself. He was simply giving us a way to God (by mercy and grace) since Adam and Eve made this mess.
God preferred that Adam stay in gay heaven with Him and not bang the chick. Is that about right?

Hard as it may be for a man to believe (and some women) there might be no sex in heaven.

So you will ignore the majority of Christians to maintain your homophobia.

Why does your God create gays?

Just for those of your ilk to hate or does he have some other motive?

Will go back and look at #128 in a sec.....

Well, I'm not homophobic. irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals. I'm not afraid of homosexuals. I'm not even averse to them. I actually enjoy being around them because they are fun and funny -

Oooh I feel another debate coming on with this question. God created us. Our sin caused us to now have to deal with all kinds of issues. God did not create us to be gay, no. God did not create child molesters. God did not create rapists. God did no create heterosexual sex addicts or habitual "cheaters".

Again, I don't hate. Please give me an example of a hateful thing I have said.

If God did not create those sinners, who did?

Is God not the creator or all that is?

If not, who is God's co-creator?

Regards
DL
Well, God is 3 persons....and, God gave us free will which we used going against his instruction which brought sin into the world

Again you cop out and ignore the questions posed.

If that is your best I don't know why you are here.

Why is your God creating people for you to hate?

Regards
DL

I'm not coping our (consciously) I must just not be understanding it (so I will admit to ignorance....)
I'm here to talk with people about issues. I don't know if it's the best I can do or not. But, ? - not sure why that even matters ... anyway ...

First off, I don't hate anyone. Why do you keep saying I hate people? Can you please go back and point out where I said I hated anyone or even implied it?

God created Adam and Eve (sinless at creation). We procreated from there. God didn't form Hitler in the womb and say "go forth and murder my people". Adam and Eve did not even sin until they CHOSE to do so of their own free will.

Is it a sin to seek knowledge?

Is it a sin to want to open ones eyes instead of being blind?

Is it a sin to do as scriptures urge us to do?

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Gen 3:2 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:

A & E were doing exactly what we are all told to do.

Why is that wrong or a sin?

Are you sinning when you seek knowledge and becoming more like God?

Regards
DL

None of the big events in the bible can be proven. Thus, it is mainly composed of myths.

Which big events are you talking about?
Made in 6 days, noah and the flood, parting of the seas, burning bush, resurrection, walking on water, ...

Actually there is proof of Noah, the flood etc. Also, the resurrection. As for the others, well, I don't know and/or haven't researched that etc. If only the camera had been invented ;)

None of the big events in the bible can be proven. Thus, it is mainly composed of myths.

Which big events are you talking about?
Made in 6 days, noah and the flood, parting of the seas, burning bush, resurrection, walking on water, ...

Actually there is proof of Noah, the flood etc. Also, the resurrection. As for the others, well, I don't know and/or haven't researched that etc. If only the camera had been invented ;)
So there's proof of how Noah got kangaroos from Australia and then back again? Umm... nope.

It is not a free gift if one must sell his soul to Satan by embracing barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that it is good justice for us to shed our responsibilities for our sin and to take advantage of the injustice to God's innocent victim.

God offered himself as sacrifice for our sins. Jesus IS God. If you willingly make a sacrifice, you are not an innocent victim. Jesus could have saved himself. He was simply giving us a way to God (by mercy and grace) since Adam and Eve made this mess.
God preferred that Adam stay in gay heaven with Him and not bang the chick. Is that about right?

Hard as it may be for a man to believe (and some women) there might be no sex in heaven.

If God cannot know as much as humans about sex, why should we follow his rules for it and not our more intelligent rules?

You do not follow your non-driving physicians advice on how to repair your car.

Regards
DL

Why can we be bad and punished but not the angles?

The angels WERE punished. They were banished from Heaven - and Hell was created just for them

Yes but they were never sent there. Instead, God gave Satan and her friends dominion over the earth and the ability to deceive us all. Quite the gifts.

Why did God reward Satan so nicely if he was angry with her and is justice delayed justice denied in your view?

Or is that one of the moral things you are not allowed to speak to because your God has not given you the answer?

Regards
DL

They will be sent there eventually. In God's time, this is but a second. I'm not going to pretend to have all the answers, but will defend my faith as best I can and research to find out about things I don't know - or pray for answers - sometimes they are just revealed to me. So, we'll see.

It's not a reward. Satan knows this also. But is doing damage while it's possible to do so.

I'm not disallowed to speak anything (remember, free will). I'll give my opinions, I may even say something that is wrong (from time to time!)....

Why do you attribute a female gender to Satan? Just wondering, not challenging...

Because Satan is depicted as a female in the Vatican art collection by Michelangelo.

Again you ignorantly ignore my question. Is justice delayed justice denied while saying that freedom is not a gift.

Start thing my friend as you are sounding rather stupid.

Is it moral for your God to make Satan our master instead of carrying out the sentence?

Regards
DL

The Jews saw Eden as a place of man's elevation. Only your twisted Christian view sees getting closer to God as a sin.

Think again for the first time. You do not seem to like to do so if your lousy childish answers are an indicator.

Regards
DL

You only need to look inside yourself and try to be the best person you can

That is a lie of the devil. It's the whole reason we are in a mess now. Adam and Eve thought they knew better than God, disobeyed him, and here we are. We are evil and wicked inside, flawed and if left to doing "what looks right in our own eyes" (this is in scripture and every time people did what was right in their own eyes, it failed) - it is doomed to failure.

Is Jesus a devil to you now?

Because that is exactly what he preached.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Regards
DL

Some of these are taken out of context. The one's that are not are directed to Christians, who already have the Holy Spirit living in them.

Satan wants you to believe just follow your heart and do your best and you'll get to heaven. It's just not true.

Now you are just flat out lying. Way to go Christian.

Regards
DL

Are you sinning when you seek knowledge and becoming more like God?

DL,

I need to get to work, so, will continue this later....

BK

If all you plan to do is continue with your juvenile apologetics, you may as well ignore me.

I feel like I am chatting with a child who has yet to put their mind in gear. To feel pity is not why I come here.

Regards
DL

Why three? If god is, then god is god, just one. If their are more than one it is not just a god but gods, pantheon. Is God all powerful and all knowing or does he have to collaborate with other gods?
If you are taking about aspects or sides of a personality, then you are talking of something less than god, an evolving emotional being that is learning and growing.

God is 3 in one. In Genesis the scripture says "We" - meaning God, Son and Holy Spirit. 3 separate entities, but all 1 God.

I know the dogma
You can be a father and son, but that would mean there are others before and after you, but you can not be the only one.
People want to take the bible as absolute fact, literally, but there should be some logic to it.
If you jump off a bridge believing you can fly, there had to be some reason, otherwise you will just hit the bottom and die. Faith should not be blind stupidity.
Believe in god because of some preacher telling you 'or else' and treats of hell fire is bullying and abuse. To really believe, there has to be a reason, some logic.
The questions were to prove some rational thinking, some proof. We have a mind but some are willing to just turn it off. Blind obedience to what you are told by priest and cleric, dispensing with all logic, has brought out fanatics that are willing to behead masses and brutally torture their fellow man. Doing something in the name of god
, because some preacher told you that is what god wanted or demanded makes no sense. The text speak of love and forgiveness but most people of faith don't even follow their scripture or understand it. They rely on others to 'interpret' what god wants and then obey. They criticize, bully, threaten and kill others for not believing the exact same way they do. That is really the path to heaven??? This is really the kind of god you want to have faith exists?
You commit sins to please god but all sin no matter how small are wrong and will keep you out of heaven. People are supposed to love god, but god has you harm others, even verbally. Where is the teaching of love thy enemy, love thy fellow man, all men are brothers?
Jesus does not force people to believe, he teaches in stories a better way that make sense. Now too many have dispense with rational thought and justifying the sins they are committing while condemning other for not believing.
So are you a slave or farm animal or are you a thinking feeling human? Do you believe you can fly or will you hit bottom, hard?

and angles laid with the humans of earth and spawned giants and monsters

Adam had one hell of a time with, women. First women wanted to be an equal to adam and the second eats an apple which opened our eyes to knowledge.

If all you plan to do is continue with your juvenile apologetics, you may as well ignore me.

I feel like I am chatting with a child who has yet to put their mind in gear. To feel pity is not why I come here.

Wow - out with the personal insults so soon?
Sorry to hear that I'm causing you to pity and it's bothering you. Maybe you need a break.

Blind obedience to what you are told by priest and cleric, dispensing with all logic, has brought out fanatics that are willing to behead masses and brutally torture their fellow man

I agree. You should not be blindly obedient to anything a human being tells you. You should always be sure it is backed up by scripture and prayerfully consider what was said.

Forum List

Back