Zone1 The Announcements Forum is not Your Personal Whine Fest Regarding Moderator Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, it's not often a mod earns a tissue gif. ;)

giphy.gif

Call me crazy but locking threads that have gone on two pages or better with no issues is just being obstinate.

ob·sti·nate

ADJECTIVE
  1. stubbornly refusing to change one's opinion or chosen course of action, despite attempts to persuade one to do so.
Example:

The problem with that opening post is that it doesn't follow the rules for starting a thread.
1690395276297.png

Simply stating "HA!" and "Happy Wednesday." will not count as content for an opening post in Zones 1 and 2. It's up to those creating the threads to make sure they follow the rules. When reported, mods WILL check to see if rules were broken.

1690395482384.png

I'm not sure what it is about the past month, but there have been repeated threads by members complaining about moderator actions taken towards their posts or threads they have created in the Announcements and Feedback forum. That is NOT the purpose of this forum. No change has been made to the forum rules. If you have a problem with actions taken against a post or thread you have written then take it up with us in PM. If you don't know who took the action you can PM any one of us.
Kindly close this thread if you please. They'll either get the message or not. If not, y'all can deal with them on an individual basis when the need arises.

Perhaps the mods might try a bit of self introspection instead of getting butthurt when the membership cares enough voice their displeasure. I’ve had two temp bans in the last month, both from the same biased shithead moderator. Just coincidence, no doubt.
Now watch the morons place laughing emojis.

Last edited:
Kindly close this thread if you please. They'll either get the message or not. If not, y'all can deal with them on an individual basis when the need arises.

I initially made had it locked and stickied from the beginning, but I wanted to make sure it gets read by a majority of the membership. I'll be closing it this evening.

We'll keep it open for a little while so that others can have their say. I, for one, don't mind a thread here and there asking us about mod actions taken. It could be the forum software isn't sending out the notifications we fill out when threads are moved from one area to another. It's happened before.

Perhaps the mods might try a bit of self introspection instead of getting butthurt when the membership cares enough voice their displeasure.
Again, nothing to do with the rule.

I’ve had two temp bans in the last month, both from the same biased shithead moderator. Just coincidence, no doubt.
Many of you on both sides of the aisle think you're being victimized every time an action is taken against you because of your viewpoints or bias among the moderation staff, but even when you do reach out to us and ask and we give you the explanation with examples most of you still bitch and scream at us, so it makes no difference anyhow.

We'll keep it open for a little while so that others can have their say. I, for one, don't mind a thread here and there asking us about mod actions taken. It could be the forum software isn't sending out the notifications we fill out when threads are moved from one area to another. It's happened before.
That's not good because how can anyone correct errant behavior if they don't know what they did wrong?

Many of you on both sides of the aisle think you're being victimized every time an action is taken against you because of your viewpoints or bias among the moderation staff, but even when you do reach out to us and ask and we give you the explanation with examples most of you still bitch and scream at us, so it makes no difference anyhow.
I don’t think I’m being victimized any more than you do for starting this thread. I’m just giving my 2cents here. I have many names on many forums. When one goes to shit via overmoderation, I just post at another. These things are a dime a dozen, but this one was an exception for a while when moderation was light and less biased.

Well all I know is that ''Active Topics'' and ''What's new'' are still backward.

All of the content under ''What's New'' should be under the ''Active Topics'' tab and all of the content under the "Active Topics'' tab should be under the "What's New'' tab.

It's not like it's a project or anything, or requires developers, developers, developers, all you have to do is change the name of the tab labels. It's like a 30 second fix.

Last edited:
The posting guidelines say that's how it's how it's supposed to be done. You guys don't get paid for this. Some people just wanna make it harder for y'all to do your unpaid jobs. No respect.
This user name was first registered 10 years ago, but has hardly posted since.

Now, all of a sudden, it is VERY active regarding the inner workings, here.

I doubt whether I am the only one here full of questions as to why.

I don’t think I’m being victimized any more than you do for starting this thread. I’m just giving my 2cents here. I have many names on many forums. When one goes to shit via overmoderation, I just post at another. These things are a dime a dozen, but this one was an exception for a while when moderation was light and less biased.
I think it's pretty light right now! :D

This user name was first registered 10 years ago, but has hardly posted since.

Now, all of a sudden, it is VERY active regarding the inner workings, here.

I doubt whether I am the only one here full of questions as to why.
<cough> FCT <cough>

I'm not sure what it is about the past month, but there have been repeated threads by members complaining about moderator actions taken towards their posts or threads they have created in the Announcements and Feedback forum. That is NOT the purpose of this forum. No change has been made to the forum rules. If you have a problem with actions taken against a post or thread you have written then take it up with us in PM. If you don't know who took the action you can PM any one of us.
Was this really the proper forum to whine about threads whining in this forum?
Know what else? If you guys actually responded to PMs things might be different.

The problem with that opening post is that it doesn't follow the rules for starting a thread.
View attachment 808185

Simply stating "HA!" and "Happy Wednesday." will not count as content for an opening post in Zones 1 and 2. It's up to those creating the threads to make sure they follow the rules. When reported, mods WILL check to see if rules were broken.

View attachment 808187
418696c6-78dc-47a2-aa3c-e755727ddb4e_text.gif

Had you "nipped it in the bud" that would have been one thing but nooooo, you you had to go all hall monitor on it when it was into three pages.

Now, had that been me I would have asked the OP to pad it with another sentence that so it was "by the book".

Think on it, the same effort (likely less) would have been required to do that than lock it and type out what you did and you would have been seen by the OP as a stand-up guy instead of, well, otherwise. ;)

I mean there I was all set to leave a pithy comment and boom, you locked it and another member's thread got the benefit of it.

Sigh, all that was left to do was give you a thumbs-down.

The posting guidelines say that's how it's how it's supposed to be done. You guys don't get paid for this. Some people just wanna make it harder for y'all to do your unpaid jobs. No respect.
Oooh somebody hasn't gotten all their brown nosing time in yet for today.....

Who told you that? I heard they all got paid but you! :abgg2q.jpg:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back