Zone1 The Announcements Forum is not Your Personal Whine Fest Regarding Moderator Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what it is about the past month, but there have been repeated threads by members complaining about moderator actions taken towards their posts or threads they have created in the Announcements and Feedback forum. That is NOT the purpose of this forum. No change has been made to the forum rules. If you have a problem with actions taken against a post or thread you have written then take it up with us in PM. If you don't know who took the action you can PM any one of us.
It has to be a conspiracy!!!!

An open process ensures that the Forum as a whole have confidence or at least understand the results.
So mods enforce?
What are the parameters the mods use to make enforcement decisions or is enforcement merely a matter of a mod's opinion?
Can a decision be challenged? Why not?
What is the process for selecting mods?

And so forth.

And not for seeing what people report but for seeing mod actions and understanding the reasoning.
Any mod action can be challenged. It needs to be sent to me by PM and include any of the mods you want in it as well.

Mod selection - In the past we have asked members to let us know if they want to be considered or who they recommend. That hasn't changed. Usually, a thread is started by one of us in Announcements.

Any mod action can be challenged. It needs to be sent to me by PM and include any of the mods you want in it as well.

Mod selection - In the past we have asked members to let us know if they want to be considered or who they recommend. That hasn't changed. Usually, a thread is started by one of us in Announcements.
So how does one who has been banned pm a mod?

Telepathy?

Big deal. Why can’t we also address it out in the open?

I didn't know that Coyote was a meme. Looks and sounds just like her.

2bpu1v.jpg

I mean I realize that rules are rules but all we want to know is why.

If synergy is described as that state where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, I have always seen this place as the opposite.

The whole, here, is much less than the sum of its parts.

Individually, most mods are good people, here.
Individually, most mods (maybe all) are good people.

This isn’t a value judgment on all mods nor is it a value judgment of any individual mods as people.

The OP complaint is that some members are “misusing” this feedback forum. But if a mod is making such a complaint about the members and suggesting that this forum is being used only to “whine” about certain mod actions, then t seems fair to ask some pointed questions.

It’s not “whining” to note that if I get moderated (for example, if I am given a 1 week ban), I can’t take up that sanction with anyone BECAUSE I can’t even send a PM to any mod during a ban.

It wasn’t “whining” when I recently expressed my problem with unsigned Mod PM’s. Those come when a thread gets moved. The mod didn’t take credit when it is “signed” as coming from “?” Also, I have been told that a thread had been moved. It wasn’t. It was simply deleted. So, is it whining to ask where it was supposedly “moved?”

Also, let’s say there is no ban. So, I can still post. I receive some mod action like a “warning.” Ok. The rules say I should take that up with the mod. It’s like arguing with the umpire. The call is going to stand. So, instead, we can send a pm to all the mods.

I am curious if that has ever led to a reversal? But the bigger question is “why?” Why should a mod action be immunized from fuller public scrutiny? Why is it “whining” to make it a “feedback” comment for the mod, all mods and all interested members to ponder? Why shouldn’t it be a public challenge to a ruling?

I ask all of these as examples only. I generally like the Board. I am ok with some moderation (even if I’m the one on the receiving end). One of my complaints has been about immoderate moderation. Why shouldn’t that kind of complaint be allowed to be made in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back