- Apr 9, 2012
- Reaction score
USMB Site Guidelines and Regulations
Individuals are allowed only one (1) account. Anyone found to be in violation risk having all accounts banned.
Site Wide Rules And Guidelines:
The following Rules Apply Everywhere unless otherwise stated on USMB, including Posts, Chat Box, Private Messages, Visitor Messages, and Signatures:
- Please post in English. We like having Global USMB members, but the use of other languages is too often abused in order to circumvent rules.
- When starting a new Thread, please first check and confirm that there are not Current Threads, on the Same Topic, This will Avoid Merges. Please select the forum that best relates to the subject matter of your topic. Opening Posts require more than a Copy and Paste with a Link, You need to include relevant, on topic material of your own. When posting a new topic do not use the CAPS lock.
- No Direct or implied threats of violence/harm towards another member, or members family and/or threats with the intent of interfering in or disrupting a member's life. Moderation may act on obvious Stalking and Harassment of members on the forums. Excessive use of negative post ratings MAY rise to a level of stalking/harassment. See this policy announcement for details. Addition to USMB Posting Guidelines.
- No Attacks on family members.
- No Accusations of other members relating to bestiality or pedophilia.
- No Discussing infractions, bans, banned members, or specific moderator actions or duties on the open boards. Issues with moderation should be taken up privately with moderators in PM.
- You may not disclose any personal information about other members. Name, E-Mail, phone number, address, occupation, pictures, quotes, etc. that has NOT first been posted here at USMB by the member themselves (Include Link), this includes links to sites that contain said personal information. No Off Site Data Mining Members.
- No Posting contents of PMs without permission from the sender. A Rep Comment is Not considered a PM. Responses to a Rep comment are considered PM's.
- Foul language (profanity) will be loosely tolerated and at the moderators discretion at any time within any forum and/or sub-forum.
- Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.
- Furthermore, when starting a new thread and declaring something as fact in your opening post, you must also link to a source. For example, "Polls say 2/3 of people think x, y, z." You need to link to a source for one of those alleged polls. Telling others to Google it on their own is not acceptable.
- No Linking to, discussing, or promoting other Message Boards Anywhere on the Site.
- Editing quotes. You may selectively quote, provided that it does not change the context or meaning of the quote. When you comment on the quote, do it outside of the quote box. Do not post inside of the quote box or alter the member names in "link-back" text.
- No Spamming. Multiple posting of the same thing, advertising and links to other sites.
- No Cross posting. Cross posting is posting the same content repeatedly or in multiple forums. Pick one.
- Off-topic posts may be edited, trashed, deleted, or moved to an appropriate forum as per administrator & moderator discretion at any time within any forum and/or sub forum.
- Administrator and Moderator Official Posts are generally Posted in Red. They are Directives. Please adhere to them. Do Not Neg Rep them. Do Not Comment on them.
- Not All Rules and Regulations are written. Not every circumstance can be foreseen. Moderator Discretion does apply. When in doubt, PM an Administrator or Moderator.
- All violations will be subject to action by an Admin/Mod. Action taken could range from a warning, to Infraction, to banning and will be at Admin/Mod discretion.
- "Zone 1": Clean Debate Zone (CDZ) / Introduce Yourself (Welcome Threads) / The Lounge and Announcements: Civil discourse is the focus here, regardless of topic matter. Constructive criticism and debate is the tone. No insulting, name calling, or putting down other posters. Consider it a lesson in Civics.
- "Zone 2": All other forums not specified as Zone 1 or Zone 3: This will apply to the vast majority of the board.: Baiting and polarizing OP's (Opening Posts), and thread titles risk the thread either being moved or trashed. Also see important policy on "Clean Thread Starts" at the following link -- New "Clean Start" Policy on Creating Threads . Keep it relevant, choose wisely. Each post must contain significant and specific thread topic content to advance the discussion, in addition to any personal flame or snark. No trolling. No hit and run flames. No hijacking or derailing threads.
- "Zone 3": Flame Zone/Badlands/Rubber Room: The least moderated forums on the site. Not viewed by non members. Site wide rules still apply, but are more loosely enforced. Extreme flaming threads and posts belong here. If the OP (Opening Post) of Your Thread is focused on Mocking or Ridicule, It belongs here. You must be 18 years or older to enter and participate in these forums. In addition -- a 100 post (new member) minimum is required in order to post or "thank" posts in the Flame Zone.
- Always refer to the "sticky threads" that are placed at the top of each forum for additional posting guidelines that may pertain to that forum.
Attachments & Links:
- A 15 Post Minimum is required before a member can "Link" or "Copy and Paste". After the 15 Post minimum is reached, each "Copy and Paste" needs to be linked to it's source. Only paste a portion of the piece, not the entire piece.
- Graphic Images, material or links to images, Videos, and or material, whether real, satirical or implied, depicting obscene, indecent, pornography, pornographic acts, or Morbid Images (at Moderator/Admin discretion) are not permitted. This includes Gifs and cartoons.
- Morbid Images may be Linked, not posted, when appropriate. A Clear Warning Sign Must precede the Link. "Warning Graphic Image" Or "Warning Morbid Image"
- You may not post images that show Human genitalia or Human Female aureola or nipples.
- Please Either Report or Ignore these Posts. Do Not Quote or Link to These Offending Posts.
- Signatures must be limited to the equivalent of 10 lines standard size type including spacing. Additional sig line vertical space is offered to "Contributing Members". See post below for details.
- No Advertising or Soliciting in signatures.
Titles Under User Avatar:
- Keep it Civil.
- Using the term "Banned" is prohibited in User Titles.
- Using the PM system will only be allowed after establishing a 50 post count
- Posting information gained through private messages is prohibited unless specific permission is granted in a public forum and/or to a USMB staff member from the member who is a participant in the PM conversation.
- Using the USMB PM system for promoting other message boards is explicitly against board rules.
- No Advertising.
- Discussions of Site Issues, Banning, Banned Members, are permitted here.
- PM's are only viewed by the Recipients unless Reported to the Staff. We respect your privacy. Should you have a specific problem or issue, Report it, we are here to help.
All members and staff have the right to their own ideas, beliefs and faiths. Members have the right to constructively express these on USMessageBoard.com with equal respect and consideration. If you have a specific question/comment about these guidelines, Please PM a Moderator of your choice. Thank you and enjoy the forums!
Last edited by a moderator: