Zone1 The Announcements Forum is not Your Personal Whine Fest Regarding Moderator Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I'm not sure what it is about the past month, but there have been repeated threads by members complaining about moderator actions taken towards their posts or threads they have created in the Announcements and Feedback forum. That is NOT the purpose of this forum. No change has been made to the forum rules. If you have a problem with actions taken against a post or thread you have written then take it up with us in PM. If you don't know who took the action you can PM any one of us.

I'm not sure what it is about the past month, but there have been repeated threads by members complaining about moderator actions taken towards their posts or threads they have created in the Announcements and Feedback forum. That is NOT the purpose of this forum. No change has been made to the forum rules. If you have a problem with actions taken against a post or thread you have written then take it up with us in PM. If you don't know who took the action you can PM any one of us.
then remove feedback as part of the forum description as that is FEEDBACK or are you 5 and dont know what that word means?

Moderate better... problem solved. You've been at it for like 14 years... still can't grasp it

That and change the sub forum to just announcements and not feedback.

Der

Yep. Allowing several notorious trolls to thread derail and troll threads at wlll, and ruin threads on page 1 is a top priority of good moderation.

Last edited:
You have set up a closed loop to protect yourselves from having any responsibility for your actions

Posts are censored or moved at will, and the people who are being targeted are expected to take it up with the mods who did the targeting.

It's like demanding the chickens go to the foxes regarding the conditions inside the chicken coop.

laughing.gif

This thread is way overdue! Too many whinefest OPs in Announcements & Feedback.

However, maybe there should be a dedicated thread for such! :D

The process is opaque.
Threads are moved with little or no explanation beyond what seems to be moderators unwillingness to moderate.
Threads move and messages from MODS bragging about it (yes moo boy I mean you)
People banned with no explanation
People banned because some MODS can't use a dictionary...

One can understand the MODS desire to keep their ...issues... under the sheets but by doing so you create the problem this OP wants to solve.

You have set up a closed loop to protect yourselves from having any responsibility for your actions
Posts are censored or moved at will, and the people who are being targeted are expected to take it up with the mods who did the targeting.
It's like demanding the chickens go to the foxes regarding the conditions inside the chicken coop.

On the whole, I like this forum, but it could be much, much, much better, if it was moderated in a manner that had much more transparency and accountability.

That the moderators take such great offense at any public discussion of their actions is a major symptom of deeper problems. What do they think they need to hide, and why?

Damn, it's not often a mod earns a tissue gif. ;)

giphy.gif

Call me crazy but locking threads that have gone on two pages or better with no issues is just being obstinate.

ob·sti·nate

ADJECTIVE
  1. stubbornly refusing to change one's opinion or chosen course of action, despite attempts to persuade one to do so.
Example:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back