Zone1 The Announcements Forum is not Your Personal Whine Fest Regarding Moderator Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had the courage of your convictions, Aye, you would not have to hide behind a curtain of secrecy.
I don't hide from my actions. If I move a thread, I state why. If I warn someone, I state why. If I lock a thread, I state why. If I clean a thread with multiple replies deleted, I leave a note in the thread telling people to stay on topic.

It's the fault of people setting policy.
If that includes you, then accept responsibility.
But be prepared for blowback.
When the moderating process is opaque it will always be considered unfair.
Again, how is it the mods fault if someone violates the rules?
Are we holding a gun to people's heads and forcing them to start a thread with one sentence or no sentences?
Are we forcing people to start a thread without any opinion of their own?
Are we forcing people to troll others in Zones 1 and 2?
Are we forcing people to reply to threads in Zones 1 and 2 with nothing but flames?
Are we forcing people to reply to threads in Zones 1 and 2 with no content related to the topic?
Are we forcing people to derail threads?

Which mods have socks? PM me the details and if found to be true, I'll happily permaban them.
Well, let's see - we have you and we have Taz and we have this mysterious "bdtex" who is acting just like they are one of you with a handle that has not been seen in YEARS, has immediately inserted themselves right into the middle of this and is revealing familiarity with posters a person back such a short time should not really have, yet.

You can always start there.

Again, how is it the mods fault if someone violates the rules?
Are we holding a gun to people's heads and forcing them to start a thread with one sentence or no sentences?
Are we forcing people to start a thread without any opinion of their own?
Are we forcing people to troll others in Zones 1 and 2?
Are we forcing people to reply to threads in Zones 1 and 2 with nothing but flames?
Are we forcing people to reply to threads in Zones 1 and 2 with no content related to the topic?
Are we forcing people to derail threads?
Who is it that makes the decision?
How is the decision made?

I'm not calling blame here I'm calling for an open process.
Why would you be opposed to exposing the process for all to see?

Well, let's see - we have you and we have Taz and we have this mysterious "bdtex" who is acting just like they are one of you with a handle that has not been seen in YEARS, has immediately inserted themselves right into the middle of this and is revealing familiarity with posters a person back such a short time should not really have, yet.

You can always start there.
I only have this account. Taz only has the one account.

If you want to report bdtex, do so.

Who is it that makes the decision?
How is the decision made?

I'm not calling blame here I'm calling for an open process.
Why would you be opposed to exposing the process for all to see?
Admin (forum owners) created the rules and mods enforce them.

Open process for what? For seeing what people report?

What the whiners want is what they don't have. They don't accept responsibility for what they do. They want the ability to openly attack and criticize Moderators in the open forum. They want the ability to openly blame others for their own shiite. The Moderators aren't employees. They're unpaid volunteers. This place isn't their business. If the whiners have a beef, it's with the Administrators.

So,.. I agree with the no whining part about publicly discussing moderator actions,.. but it's sort of funny that the OP is one of the biggest whiners on the board.

88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.jpg

I was told I didn't even need to break a rule to be censored and on two different occasions you corroborated the fact that I had not broken any rule yet was censored by the mod who had threatened me, anyway.

Instead of all this smoke and mirrors shit, have you thought of dealing with that and the others targeted in similar manner, instead?

An open process ensures that the Forum as a whole have confidence or at least understand the results.
So mods enforce?
What are the parameters the mods use to make enforcement decisions or is enforcement merely a matter of a mod's opinion?
Can a decision be challenged? Why not?
What is the process for selecting mods?

And so forth.

And not for seeing what people report but for seeing mod actions and understanding the reasoning.

I've written some provocative stuff but I have rarely been the focus of a moderator sanction. I wonder if some (left wing?) revolutionaries are trying to convert the USMB into a CNN clone.

I was told I didn't even need to break a rule to be censored and on two different occasions you corroborated the fact that I had not broken any rule yet was censored by the mod who had threatened me, anyway.

Instead of all this smoke and mirrors shit, have you thought of dealing with that and the others targeted in similar manner, instead?
Oh I have! It's a work in progress and I've already seen changes for the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back