Zone1 The Announcements Forum is not Your Personal Whine Fest Regarding Moderator Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this really the proper forum to whine about threads whining in this forum?
Know what else? If you guys actually responded to PMs things might be different.
"We won't tell you what rule you broke, but it HAS to be a rule since we censored you. Not only is it a case of it had to be a rule, since we censored you, but we censored you because it had to be a rule."

"Next ,time we do this to you, make sure to contact us in complete privacy so we have the courage to gang bang you as a group safe from prying eyes"

418696c6-78dc-47a2-aa3c-e755727ddb4e_text.gif

Had you "nipped it in the bud" that would have been one thing but nooooo, you you had to go all hall monitor on it when it was into three pages.

Now, had that been me I would have asked the OP to pad it with another sentence that so it was "by the book".

Think on it, the same effort (likely less) would have been required to do that than lock it and type out what you did and you would have been seen by the OP as a stand-up guy instead of, well, otherwise. ;)

I mean there I was all set to leave a pithy comment and boom, you locked it and another member's thread got the benefit of it.

Sigh, all that was left to do was give you a thumbs-down.
Oh I see, let's play the blame game and tell the mods it's all their fault because someone couldn't read and follow the rules. I guess we're just supposed to look the other way (even though it was reported by others) and let it slide... Not!

Oh I see, let's play the blame game and tell the mods it's all their fault because someone couldn't read and follow the rules. I guess we're just supposed to look the other way (even though it was reported by others) and let it slide... Not!
Meh, all this could have all been avoided had you been more of a stand-up type of guy instead of all "by the book". You have no one to blame but yourself in that regard.

Well all I know is that ''Active Topics'' and ''What's new'' are still backward.

All of the content under ''What's New'' should be under the ''Active Topics'' tab and all of the content under the "Active Topics'' tab should be under the "What's New'' tab.

It's not like it's a project or anything, or requires developers, developers, developers, all you have to do is change the name of the tab labels. It's like a 30 second fix.
I talked to the powers that be about this and this is the response:

The active topics show the most recent topics with activity, regardless of whether you've read them or not. They are just recently active topics.

The What's new, shows you content that's NEW to YOU as you haven't read it.

This is how Xenforo has them set up.

While I still object to the post robbing me of the amusement of future whiny threads, I must give kudos and thanks to Don't Taz me bro for starting this one. The whining here has been great.
Thank you!
Please reconsider though.
I have a strong feeling that you won't be robbed of any amusement. Drama lovers are gonna keep on drama'ing.

I talked to the powers that be about this and this is the response:

The active topics show the most recent topics with activity, regardless of whether you've read them or not. They are just recently active topics.

The What's new, shows you content that's NEW to YOU as you haven't read it.

This is how Xenforo has them set up.

I'll bet Buttercup could fix what I'm talking about if you guys made her admin for like...oh...an hour?

An admin can change that.

Whoever you talked to, I think, just doesn't want to change it because they want it the way that it is as far as they care from afar to screw with it.

Sorry, Buttercup. lolol...

Meh, all this could have all been avoided had you been more of a stand-up type of guy instead of all "by the book". You have no one to blame but yourself in that regard.
Aye can't be a stand up type of guy ever. I just don't see that one happenin'. :dunno:

I'm not sure what it is about the past month, but there have been repeated threads by members complaining about moderator actions taken towards their posts or threads they have created in the Announcements and Feedback forum. That is NOT the purpose of this forum. No change has been made to the forum rules. If you have a problem with actions taken against a post or thread you have written then take it up with us in PM. If you don't know who took the action you can PM any one of us.
Although, the purpose of the thread is so noted and I have never used it myself....nor any other thread to make such grievances...I do not under any circumstances believe that PM should be the only way to do so. Such grievances should be viewable by the entire group, and subject to agreeance and support thereof. USMB should respect the collective voice of its members and not compartmentalize such opinions out of sight. That way USMB will be subject to the rules of a free market, such as when a group collectively approves or disapproves of certain brands. It is a measure of QA, essentially. This does not happen when the consumer base can't relate internally to such issues. This is why business reviews on Google are publicly visible. Businesses have far less incentive to fix problems if such grievances are kept private.

Last edited:
It's the fault of people setting policy.
If that includes you, then accept responsibility.
But be prepared for blowback.
When the moderating process is opaque it will always be considered unfair.

If you had the courage of your convictions, Aye, you would not have to hide behind a curtain of secrecy.

Although, the purpose of the thread is so noted and I have never used it myself....nor any other thread to make such grievances...I do not under any circumstances believe that PM should be the only way to do so. Such grievances should be viewable by the entire group, and subject to agreeance and support thereof. USMB should respect the collective voice of its members and not compartmentalize such opinions out of sight. That way USMB will be subject to the rules of a free market, such as when a group collectively approves or disapproves of certain brands. It is a measure of QA, essentially. This does not happen when the consumer base can't relate internally to such issues. This is why business reviews on Google are publicly visible. Businesses have far less incentive to fix problems if such grievances are kept private.
I run a small business.

If I played favorites with my staff, completely ignored any input they might give and treated them as If I were an infallible god and they were mere peons, I would not be running a small business.

I would not be running a small business because I would have no employees.

Note the unity here between people who are normally ideologically opposed in the threads, vehemently at times. Uh ohhh..... the proverbial can of worms. Can't have that. Better close the thread QUICK. This is exactly why they want to keep grievances private and out of sight.

Bdtex sure does like to laugh at serious replies to show ridicule. It is a form of trolling and a very cowardly one at that.

What else do you expect, though, for a user name first recorded in 2013 and completely dormant for years since?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back