The $15 Minimum Wage Is Turning Hard Workers Into Black Market Lawbreakers

nothing over one hundred million on the top end?

You assume that if some guy on the top makes less then you'll make more and you are , of course , wrong again
zero for the poor, no limits for the rich. i got it, right wingers.

No one gets paid zero for working, Idiot.

If you are able to work and choose not to then damn right you get zero
stop complaining about the cost of social services or raises for federal civilian workers.

Quote where I have done either of those things.
equal protection of the law regarding employment at the will of either party. you complain about solving for simple poverty to promote the general welfare.

... Tell me, do you really think that employers who currently are finding it difficult to hire enough workers at minimum wage, or $9/hr, or $11/hr, or $12/hr are really
going to try hiring people at less than $7.25/hr if the Federal minimum wage is eliminated tomorrow?
... If the federal minimum rate would be eliminated, I'd be surprised if employers would not obtain substantial numbers of people they could employ at wages of no more than the purchasing power of $3/Hr. in October 2018. ...
... They can't fill jobs now, but will suddenly fill them at $3? This is why I can't take you seriously.
ToddsterPatriot, you're incorrect. If we were to eliminate the federal minimum rate, purchasing powers of ALL USA wages would be reduced to a drastic extent. Purchasing power of today's $3 would be extremely generous for unskilled labor. Our nation, and particularly our employees and their dependents, would be of course much poorer.

Respectfully, Supposn

If we were to eliminate the federal minimum rate, purchasing powers of ALL USA wages would be reduced to a drastic extent.

Prove it.
moving to the less developed world for cheap labor, proves it.

Correct... However it would stop that migration and return hundreds of thousands of jobs to the continent simply by virtue of shipping considerations.

Jo
let's end our drug war to cut costs and have more money for the general welfare not the general warfare.

... If the federal minimum rate would be eliminated, I'd be surprised if employers would not obtain substantial numbers of people they could employ at wages of no more than the purchasing power of $3/Hr. in October 2018. ...
... They can't fill jobs now, but will suddenly fill them at $3? This is why I can't take you seriously.
ToddsterPatriot, you're incorrect. If we were to eliminate the federal minimum rate, purchasing powers of ALL USA wages would be reduced to a drastic extent. Purchasing power of today's $3 would be extremely generous for unskilled labor. Our nation, and particularly our employees and their dependents, would be of course much poorer.

Respectfully, Supposn

If we were to eliminate the federal minimum rate, purchasing powers of ALL USA wages would be reduced to a drastic extent.

Prove it.

Correct... However it would stop that migration and return hundreds of thousands of jobs to the continent simply by virtue of shipping considerations.

Jo
let's end our drug war to cut costs and have more money for the general welfare not the general warfare.

You have it completely backwards. The drug war is a huge money maker both for the legislators and the system that pretends to fight it. Stop thinking like a white knight. The Dark Knights are the ones who eat.

You are crusading to save people who do not want your help. Nothing could be less efficient or more futile.

Jo

Respectfully, Supposn

Prove it.

Jo

You have it completely backwards. The drug war is a huge money maker both for the legislators and the system that pretends to fight it. Stop thinking like a white knight. The Dark Knights are the ones who eat.

You are crusading to save people who do not want your help. Nothing could be less efficient or more futile.

Jo
We have a general welfare clause not a general warfare clause. Guess what spending the right wing prefers to cut.

You assume that if some guy on the top makes less then you'll make more and you are , of course , wrong again

stop complaining about the cost of social services or raises for federal civilian workers.

equal protection of the law regarding employment at the will of either party. you complain about solving for simple poverty to promote the general welfare.

If you're going to tell me what I say then use the quote function.

And FYI we've been throwing money at poverty for decades now and the so called poor people in the US are the richest "poor" people in the world

Astonishing Numbers: America's Poor Still Live Better Than Most Of The Rest Of Humanity

I have mixed feelings on $15 minimum wage.

On the one hand, obviously it greatly helps the standard of living for those who get the huge wage increase.

On the other, a 100+% increase in pay with a zero increase in production is not good for business. Plus, the extra costs will be passed on to the customers.
Finally, the non-partisan CBO has stated that a higher minimum wage will cost many 100's of thousands of jobs nationwide. And that was only to $10.10 per hour.

The Effects of a Minimum-Wage Increase on Employment and Family Income | Congressional Budget Office

If the Dems take both houses in November (and especially if they also take the WH in 2020 - which the polls say looks likely right now)...this issue will probably re-surface in force.

Thoughts?

Not real sure how it can help the standard of living if, as the CBO says, that many could lose their job. They complain that the current minimum of $7.25 isn't enough. If they lose a job, how is $0 better?

When it come to the production increase, none of that is ever mentioned by those demanding the wage. Not one that I've heard has said what more they'll do for it. As you say, an extra costs without extra production.

And FYI we've been throwing money at poverty for decades now and the so called poor people in the US are the richest "poor" people in the world

Astonishing Numbers: America's Poor Still Live Better Than Most Of The Rest Of Humanity

$22 trillion in 50+ years to eradicate poverty and what do we have. The same percentage in society living in poverty today as prior to all that wasteful spending.

`
The company I work for has a part-time temp agency which pays higher wages than most other similar agencies, competing in the semi-skilled market. We've crunched our numbers and found a mandatory $15/hr wage would cut so far into our profit margin that we could no longer afford to keep it going, ergo, we would completely close that operation.

Generally, I oppose a $15/hr wage. Considering what I see at most places which employ people at lower wages, its a joke.
`
Not one of those demanding that $15/hour wage has said what they'll do better or above what they're doing now for it.

we have been cutting taxes for awhile; only the Rich are getting richer. The Debt is still growing.

I have mixed feelings on $15 minimum wage.

On the one hand, obviously it greatly helps the standard of living for those who get the huge wage increase.

On the other, a 100+% increase in pay with a zero increase in production is not good for business. Plus, the extra costs will be passed on to the customers.
Finally, the non-partisan CBO has stated that a higher minimum wage will cost many 100's of thousands of jobs nationwide. And that was only to $10.10 per hour.

The Effects of a Minimum-Wage Increase on Employment and Family Income | Congressional Budget Office

If the Dems take both houses in November (and especially if they also take the WH in 2020 - which the polls say looks likely right now)...this issue will probably re-surface in force.

Thoughts?

Not real sure how it can help the standard of living if, as the CBO says, that many could lose their job. They complain that the current minimum of $7.25 isn't enough. If they lose a job, how is $0 better?

When it come to the production increase, none of that is ever mentioned by those demanding the wage. Not one that I've heard has said what more they'll do for it. As you say, an extra costs without extra production.

Unemployment compensation solves that in the short and medium term, or long term. The right wings simply hates the Poor.

$22 trillion in 50+ years to eradicate poverty and what do we have. The same percentage in society living in poverty today as prior to all that wasteful spending.
we don't need the Debt; let's cut Discretionary spending like crime, drug, and terror wars.

`
The company I work for has a part-time temp agency which pays higher wages than most other similar agencies, competing in the semi-skilled market. We've crunched our numbers and found a mandatory $15/hr wage would cut so far into our profit margin that we could no longer afford to keep it going, ergo, we would completely close that operation.

Generally, I oppose a $15/hr wage. Considering what I see at most places which employ people at lower wages, its a joke.
`
Not one of those demanding that $15/hour wage has said what they'll do better or above what they're doing now for it.
lol. Paying more in Taxes and creating more in Demand.

we have been cutting taxes for awhile; only the Rich are getting richer. The Debt is still growing.
Which has nothing to do with poverty.

`

`

How much more demand? And don't you realize that someone declaring that level of income is not going to be paying much in taxes, in fact will probably net more than they pay?

it has to do with your "longitudinal" observation regarding poverty. why is the debt growing if the rich are getting richer?

`

`

How much more demand? And don't you realize that someone declaring that level of income is not going to be paying much in taxes, in fact will probably net more than they pay?
from a few hundred dollars now, to around two thousand dollars then. the Poor tend to spend most of their income so we will get the "biggest bang for our buck" at the bottom.

it has to do with your "longitudinal" observation regarding poverty. why is the debt growing if the rich are getting richer?

The debt has nothing to do with poverty.

You think if the federal government had no debt that there would magically be no poverty?

`

`

from a few hundred dollars now, to around two thousand dollars then. the Poor tend to spend most of their income so we will get the "biggest bang for our buck" at the bottom.

Okay, so you made up some numbers that don't mean much and as usual, you're ignoring the costs, because remember, you don't just want a minimum wage, you want a universal income.

Forum List

Back