Exactly like we said... UPS passing on the wage/benefits increases to all of us.

/-----/ I did, and no one said that. The OP said, "Exactly like we said... UPS passing on the wage/benefits increases to all of us." No one said workers don't deserve or need wage hikes, especially in Bidennomic Hard Times. The OP just points out that the cost will be passed on to consumers in the form of higher prices.
BTW, the same thing will happen to the price of American-made cars with the latest UAW contract. This will knock some consumers out of the new car market due to higher prices and Bidenomic high car loan interest rates. It will lead to layoffs in the UAW ranks.
The cost has always been passed onto the consumer.
What should have happened in this situation then? What was the ideal situation and outcome here. Describe it.

So to clarify you are stating the workers asking for a raise is not a good thing correct.
So to clarify, anyone thinking this is not paying attention.
Right there - in the first line I said the point. Right there.
Liberals ignored reality like they always do.
"The mean ol' giant company is making profits!!! They should give some of those profits to workers !!! GRRRR!!!"
Conservatives were saying the reality. 100%, probably more actually, of any wage increase is going to be passed on to the consumer.
That is the point.
And, yes, in the middle of the highest price increases in over 50 years is happening - a large increase in wages for a company that has far reaching price effects on almost anything you buy.
Not a great thing.

So to clarify, anyone thinking this is not paying attention.
Right there - in the first line I said the point. Right there.
Liberals ignored reality like they always do.
"The mean ol' giant company is making profits!!! They should give some of those profits to workers !!! GRRRR!!!"
Conservatives were saying the reality. 100%, probably more actually, of any wage increase is going to be passed on to the consumer.
That is the point.
And, yes, in the middle of the highest price increases in over 50 years is happening - a large increase in wages for a company that has far reaching price effects on almost anything you buy.
Not a great thing.
OK so what would have been the ideal outcome in this situation? What in your mind should have been the outcome?

/---/ To all of you libtards who refused to acknowledge how corporations pass overhead like wages and taxes on to the consumers in the form of higher prices.
Anytime the Government sticks businesses with more minimum wage, taxes, or other regulatory mandates….. people need to realize that this is going to increase a corporation’s cost and ultimately will be passed on to the consumer which means higher prices for us. If these wage, regulations, and/or taxes reach egregious levels, then the corporation will have incentive to offshore operations and jobs will be lost. Or, if they don’t offshore, then they just downsize.

So to clarify you are stating the workers asking for a raise is not a good thing correct.
/----/ Stop twisting everyone's words around. Can't you ever have an honest debate without straw man arguments?
1699798958660.png

So then describe what should have happened to have an ideal outcome ? How should this have occurred so a good result happened?
/----/ Exactly how it happened. The topic is how corporations treat pay hikes and taxes as overhead, not if workers are deserting more money so they can support their families in Bidenomics nightmare. GEEEZE, it couldn't be any simpler.

The price of a product or service is directly related to the costs of providing it. Who is surprised by that?

OK so what would have been the ideal outcome in this situation? What in your mind should have been the outcome?
You misunderstand again.
When the threat of the strike was approaching, liberals in the media and on this forum went on about UPS profits and workers should get some of those profits - "they can afford to give workers more"
I did not offer an opinion on the wages, other than saying the timing is not awesome for an economy already wrecked with 5 decade record inflation.
That is a statement. Not an opinion.
In those threads conservatives were saying all that is going to happen is higher shipping cost.
And - that is exactly what happened.

/----/ Exactly how it happened. The topic is how corporations treat pay hikes and taxes as overhead, not if workers are deserting more money so they can support their families in Bidenomics nightmare. GEEEZE, it couldn't be any simpler.
Yes that has never been in question. We all know costs go to consumers. That's what capitalism is all about. So then lower the taxes so workers can be paid more. Perfect scenario. So at least you support the laborers getting what the market says they should get in this case. We both agree.

Yes that has never been in question. We all know costs go to consumers. That's what capitalism is all about. So then lower the taxes so workers can be paid more. Perfect scenario. So at least you support the laborers getting what the market says they should get in this case. We both agree.
/----/ "So at least you support the laborers getting what the market says they should get in this case."
I never said they didn't. Just Libtards posting false scenarios and trying to change the subject.

/---/ Nope. I am just a business major who understands how things work. You Libtards couldn't manage a Kool-Aid stand without adult supervision.
So they taught you in business school that when workers get a raise then prices will automatically be passed on to consumers, naturally, like a ball falling to the ground when you throw it in air? Just natural market forces huh? Because it would be silly to think of the market as unnatural, as operating according to the will of owners and investors?

They dont have to pass those costs on to you you Simp. Those arent natural market forces because the market isnt a creation of nature. They choose to. Why do you keep blaming workers for higher costs to consumers when they aren't the ones choosing to pass those costs on to you? Take your tongue out the investors classes ass and taste reality you servile cuck.

So they taught you in business school that when workers get a raise then prices will automatically be passed on to consumers, naturally, like a ball falling to the ground when you throw it in air? Just natural market forces huh? Because it would be silly to think of the market as unnatural, as operating according to the will of owners and investors?

They dont have to pass those costs on to you you Simp. Those arent natural market forces because the market isnt a creation of nature. They choose to. Why do you keep blaming workers for higher costs to consumers when they aren't the ones choosing to pass those costs on to you? Take your tongue out the investors classes ass and taste reality you servile cuck.
/----/ One or two workers and a mom & pop? Of course not. But for UPS with a total number of employees in 2022 at 536,000, yeah, they gotta raise prices to cover the added costs. They also taught me costs includes the dollars and cents over and above the basic wage or salary you agree to pay. There’s a rule of thumb that the cost is typically 1.25 to 1.4 times the salary, depending on certain variables. So, if you pay someone a salary of $35,000, your actual costs likely will range from $43,750 to $49,000.

/----/ One or two workers and a mom & pop? Of course not. But for UPS with a total number of employees in 2022 at 536,000, yeah, they gotta raise prices to cover the added costs.
They have to or they choose to? You went to business school and all they taught you was how to toss salad?
They also taught me costs includes the dollars and cents over and above the basic wage or salary you agree to pay. There’s a rule of thumb that the cost is typically 1.25 to 1.4 times the salary, depending on certain variables. So, if you pay someone a salary of $35,000, your actual costs likely will range from $43,750 to $49,000.
Now what's their profit, servant?

Last edited:

To me it has more to do with a fiat currency system slowly losing control and that is detrimental to the nation it is anchored to. There are always winners and losers in this. And the social service part of our government outlays keeps getting larger and larger as a percentage of their budgets and our national GDP.

They have to or they choose to? You went to business school and all they taught you was how to toss salad?

Now what's their profit, servant?
/——/ Ok, now I see you’re just playing stupid to get attention. Believe what you want. I tried answering your points but you don’t seem to understand or want to. I’m moving on.

/——/ Ok, now I see you’re just playing stupid to get attention. Believe what you want. I tried answering your points but you don’t seem to understand or want to. I’m moving on.
No.... you tried to deflect by only discussing the cost of employees. Now let's talk about profit of these companies and see if it's really necessary for them to pass on the costs of higher labor to consumers.

/-----/ I did, and no one said that. The OP said, "Exactly like we said... UPS passing on the wage/benefits increases to all of us." No one said workers don't deserve or need wage hikes, especially in Bidennomic Hard Times. The OP just points out that the cost will be passed on to consumers in the form of higher prices.

The very last line of the OP....Thank you Teamsters Union for contributing to a national problem.
BTW, the same thing will happen to the price of American-made cars with the latest UAW contract. This will knock some consumers out of the new car market due to higher prices and Bidenomic high car loan interest rates. It will lead to layoffs in the UAW ranks.

Yep, last I read it was going to add 600 bucks to the cost of a new car.

Personally I am good with an extra 600 bucks on an item I only buy every 6 to 7 years.

Forum List

Back