Well Newsome signed it, it's now official. The MINIMUM wage now to flip burgers is $20.00 an hour in California

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
'Inflation', it's the Democrat's middle name, they just seem to revel in it.
Imagine if you are running a few fast-food franchises. I can see the U-Hauls now!

California Gov. Gavin Newsom signs law to raise minimum wage for fast food workers to $20 per hour​

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California fast food workers will be paid at least $20 per hour next year under a new law signed Thursday by Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom.

When it takes effect on April 1, fast food workers in California will have among the highest minimum wages in the country, according to data compiled by the University of California-Berkeley Center for Labor Research and Education. The state's minimum wage for all other workers — $15.50 per hour — is already among the highest in the United States

It might be a good time to move back to Reno. Work flipping burgers, no responsibility, no need to be anything more than a game-playing, brain-dead millennial, and take that the 20/hr out of the state where the cost of living is at least a little lower.

Imagine if you are running a few fast-food franchises. I can see the U-Hauls now!

California Gov. Gavin Newsom signs law to raise minimum wage for fast food workers to $20 per hour​

Roughly $40K a year for some HS dropout to put your fries in a little paper bag.
Fast food places CANNOT afford that. They will automate virtually everything or close.
Newsom is a fucking idiot.

Is this the move by Newsom that will signal the resignation or the taking down of Biden?

If so it's going to have to be used by Newsom while it's hot.

Shit, in California that might buy you a cheeseburger....but probably not.

I guess they'll have to raise wages again soon.

Oh wait, but then prices will continue their ignominious ascent.

But then they could raise wages....oh...wait...

I just returned from a trip to CA. I will never return. Prices are ridiculously high. Homeless and trash everywhere. It is a shame that such a beautiful state has been demolished by the democrats. Friends have suggested meeting in other states for our visits. Small business owners will be non-existent in short order--most of my old stand bys from when we lived there have gone belly up. SMH.

I'm all for a living wage but this is little more than political pandering that will cause far more problems than it addresses.

Who is going to want to work $15.50 jobs when they can get $20 at fast food?

Hello $15 Big Mac’s. I was shocked when someone told me they got 2 adult and 1 kids meals and 3 apple pies at McD’s and they paid almost $40. It’s a rip off at half that price

To a red state. Blue states are following suit. The west coast is out of the question.
The American west coast isn't for poor and middleclass Americans that will whine about a $16 burrito.

Stay in Winnipeg with the cheap cabbage and potatoes. Only don't get yourself sprayed by crawling on a caggage plant.

If I was an illegal immigrant who just crossed the Mexican Border, I would request the bus I boarded was headed to California. I would happily flip burgers for $20 an hour.

Supposedly that was the price.....Roach Coach so no tip.

Well I don't guess you tip the roach coach people. :dunno:
There's much less tipping in Canada on account of more government social programs that make it unnecessary to depend on charity.

And we're cheap but with an excuse provided by government.

Forum List

Back