Exactly like we said... UPS passing on the wage/benefits increases to all of us.

The very last line of the OP....Thank you Teamsters Union for contributing to a national problem.

Yep, last I read it was going to add 600 bucks to the cost of a new car.

Personally I am good with an extra 600 bucks on an item I only buy every 6 to 7 years.
/---/ "The very last line of the OP."
OK. you got us -- one poster said it. BWHAHAHAHAHAHA

No link, because I received this today as a worldship member of UPS.

Here is the email I received today -

This summer, UPS and the U.S. Teamsters reached a new five-year labor agreement that rewards our hardworking people and sets us up to better serve you. We want to thank you for continuing to trust us with your shipping needs.

At UPS, we are committed to investing in the best team in the industry, innovative technology, and an unmatched global network. This is all to ensure that you can serve your customers with needed speed and reliability. To help you plan ahead, here is a summary of our rate changes for 2024.

• Effective December 3, 2023, UPS Air Freight rates within and between the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico will increase an average net 6.3%.
  • Effective December 26, 2023, the rates for UPS® Ground, UPS® Air and International will increase an average net 5.9%.
The teamsters union choosing to strike with a record wage increase asking, and better benefits - at a time of national RECORD inflation for over 50 years is 100% going to increase inflationary pressures on virtually every American consumer.

And here it is.
6% increase is HUGE. Every single item you buy online - prices will increase on those items due to this increase as those companies pass that cost on. Even buying local, especially smaller businesses, they receive their goods overwhelmingly via UPS.
They will be forced to raise their prices more.

Thank you Teamsters Union for contributing to a national problem.
/----/ And sometimes, the wage hikes causes mass layoffs. Somebody always has to pay.
Stellantis offers buyouts

Chrysler owner Stellantis, fresh off its deal to end the United Auto Workers’ strike, is looking to trim costs in its U.S. operations. The company said Monday it would offer voluntary buyouts to about 6,400 white-collar workers with more than five years of experience, citing “challenging market conditions” as it prepares “for the transition to electric vehicles.” It’s the latest alarm bell for the softening EV market in the U.S. as the legacy Detroit automakers try to catch up with Elon Musk’s Tesla, which has also cut prices in a bid to recharge flagging demand.

Really? I've not had a problem with either but I've shipped some pretty big LTL freight across country with FedEx and they did just great.
They've been late with anything I've purchased, which was shipped with them, more times than not....Their tracking is nonexistent....Next to impossible to get a real person on the phone....When I've complained to the people delivering, they tell me that they're private contractors and can't do anything about it, including forwarding those complaints.

Fuck FedEx.

/----/ And sometimes, the wage hikes causes mass layoffs. Somebody always has to pay.
Stellantis offers buyouts

Chrysler owner Stellantis, fresh off its deal to end the United Auto Workers’ strike, is looking to trim costs in its U.S. operations. The company said Monday it would offer voluntary buyouts to about 6,400 white-collar workers with more than five years of experience, citing “challenging market conditions” as it prepares “for the transition to electric vehicles.” It’s the latest alarm bell for the softening EV market in the U.S. as the legacy Detroit automakers try to catch up with Elon Musk’s Tesla, which has also cut prices in a bid to recharge flagging demand.
You're still here tossing salad for the investor class? Aren't you embarrassed yet ass muncher?

Their tracking is nonexistent....
I had full and easy access to tracking on a 96 pound box I just shipped with them about 8 weeks ago.

Next to impossible to get a real person on the phone....
That I can believe. You ought to try filling out all of the paperwork on their website with freight! A nightmare.

When I've complained to the people delivering, they tell me that they're private contractors and can't do anything about it, including forwarding those complaints.
The entire shipping industry is pretty F'ed up. Costs are up so high now that air freight is way down, which was a big money maker for everyone.
It might just be your region--- I hear a lot of complaints about UPS, but generally, they've been real good to me.

It is vital that we have more Republicans campaigning on reducing wages and urging more and more everyday Americans to have their wages reduced so corporations can continue to make record profit while claiming they are struggling

Funny how liberals pretend to care about the average worker, but when they demand higher and higher wages and the company has a mass layoff, or goes out of business, when those people are standing in unemployment lines, liberals are nowhere to be found.

When Biden entered the white house, the economy was a disaster.

Yea thanks to demonicrats shutting the country down due to the scamdemic. Trump begged people to stay open, liberals shut it down then blamed TRUMP when their shutdown caused massive layoffs.

It would be funny if liberals didn't actually believe this shit.

Forum List

Back