The $15 Minimum Wage Is Turning Hard Workers Into Black Market Lawbreakers

equal protection of the law regarding employment at the will of either party. you complain about solving for simple poverty to promote the general welfare.

If you're going to tell me what I say then use the quote function.

And FYI we've been throwing money at poverty for decades now and the so called poor people in the US are the richest "poor" people in the world

Astonishing Numbers: America's Poor Still Live Better Than Most Of The Rest Of Humanity
we have been cutting taxes for awhile; only the Rich are getting richer. The Debt is still growing.
Which has nothing to do with poverty.
it has to do with your "longitudinal" observation regarding poverty. why is the debt growing if the rich are getting richer?

The debt has nothing to do with poverty.

You think if the federal government had no debt that there would magically be no poverty?
our debt is getting bigger and the rich are getting richer.

`
The company I work for has a part-time temp agency which pays higher wages than most other similar agencies, competing in the semi-skilled market. We've crunched our numbers and found a mandatory $15/hr wage would cut so far into our profit margin that we could no longer afford to keep it going, ergo, we would completely close that operation.

Generally, I oppose a $15/hr wage. Considering what I see at most places which employ people at lower wages, its a joke.
`
Not one of those demanding that $15/hour wage has said what they'll do better or above what they're doing now for it.
lol. Paying more in Taxes and creating more in Demand.

How much more demand? And don't you realize that someone declaring that level of income is not going to be paying much in taxes, in fact will probably net more than they pay?
from a few hundred dollars now, to around two thousand dollars then. the Poor tend to spend most of their income so we will get the "biggest bang for our buck" at the bottom.

Okay, so you made up some numbers that don't mean much and as usual, you're ignoring the costs, because remember, you don't just want a minimum wage, you want a universal income.
solving simple poverty is the goal. a market friendly manner is the means. we already have unemployment compensation infrastructure in our republic.

Not one of those demanding that $15/hour wage has said what they'll do better or above what they're doing now for it.

How much more demand? And don't you realize that someone declaring that level of income is not going to be paying much in taxes, in fact will probably net more than they pay?
from a few hundred dollars now, to around two thousand dollars then. the Poor tend to spend most of their income so we will get the "biggest bang for our buck" at the bottom.

Okay, so you made up some numbers that don't mean much and as usual, you're ignoring the costs, because remember, you don't just want a minimum wage, you want a universal income.
solving simple poverty is the goal. a market friendly manner is the means. we already have unemployment compensation infrastructure in our republic.

Sure, it's for people who, through no fault of their own, cannot work. That's not what you want, though, so you're being dishonest by talking about it. You want a universal income. Be honest.

Sure, it's for people who, through no fault of their own, cannot work. That's not what you want, though, so you're being dishonest by talking about it. You want a universal income. Be honest.
an basic income, guaranteed. capital has to circulate under capitalism, regardless of the job market.

an basic income, guaranteed. capital has to circulate under capitalism, regardless of the job market.

That's what I said. You want a universal income. Now figure out how much it would cost to implement that at varying levels of unemployment and at your desired minimum wage level, $15/hr.

Then come back here and try to explain how you're going to generate more than that.

If you're going to tell me what I say then use the quote function.

And FYI we've been throwing money at poverty for decades now and the so called poor people in the US are the richest "poor" people in the world

Astonishing Numbers: America's Poor Still Live Better Than Most Of The Rest Of Humanity
we have been cutting taxes for awhile; only the Rich are getting richer. The Debt is still growing.
it has to do with your "longitudinal" observation regarding poverty. why is the debt growing if the rich are getting richer?

You think if the federal government had no debt that there would magically be no poverty?

And that has nothing to do with poverty.

That's what I said. You want a universal income. Now figure out how much it would cost to implement that at varying levels of unemployment and at your desired minimum wage level, $15/hr.

Then come back here and try to explain how you're going to generate more than that.
I prefer to solve simple poverty through unemployment compensation. more people circulating capital, paying taxes, and creating demand.

I prefer to solve simple poverty through unemployment compensation. more people circulating capital, paying taxes, and creating demand.

Obviously, you have no idea how much that would cost, so you have no idea if that would even work.

Obviously, you have no idea how much that would cost, so you have no idea if that would even work.

He just wants a government check to pay for his weed.

I just ignore his ignorant economic mumblings.

it is to the extent the right wing wants to cut social services.

it should pay for itself through a positive multiplier effect. promoting the general welfare should require a Positive Multiplier effect.

Capital must circulate under capitalism. Market distorting "free goods and services" are worse.

Capital must circulate under capitalism. Market distorting "free goods and services" are worse.

Capital circulates fine without handouts to losers.
Get a job if you want capital, lazy shit.

Capital circulates fine without handouts to losers.
Get a job if you want capital, lazy shit.
nothing but fantasy is all the right wing has. why whine about the cost of social services, right wingers.

And are those services being cut?

Sorry but that dog don't hunt, Corky

The debt has nothing to do with poverty just like CEO pay has nothing to do with your income

The debt has nothing to do with poverty just like CEO pay has nothing to do with your income
debt has a lot to do with poverty; it means we can't spend money on the general welfare to engender a positive multiplier effect.

debt has a lot to do with poverty; it means we can't spend money on the general welfare to engender a positive multiplier effect.

Not the governemnt debt you moron.

The government's debt has nothing to do with your debt

poverty is a social issue.

poverty is a social issue.

Not really.

justoffal said:
The minimum wage subject is a difficult
one especially for anyone who works hourly
For a living.

It's probably impossible to quantify with any measure of accuracy the exact capabilities of the American economy. Suffice it to say that even the American economy has finite limits.

Sometimes the only way to find out is to try something and see how it works on the measure of what is present.

It would seem to make some sense however that if you decrease productivity per dollar you're going to stifle the ability of the employers and producers to create more jobs. Additionally you will create a smaller pool of qualified employees leaving the others to languish on unemployment.

Jo
Yes. It is a complex issue. Your last paragraph is one possibility, but it ignores the obvious. Corporations don't create jobs. Tax cuts for the wealthy never create jobs. Demand creates jobs. Typically, low/middle income earners create the most demand for goods/services.

If you put more money into the hands of these hourly workers, then they'll have more money to spend...thus creating jobs. We're at max employment right now, so I wouldn't worry about job losses if people start to earn a living wage.

We've tried everything else. Prob. time to try something that actually works.

Forum List

Back