Well Newsome signed it, it's now official. The MINIMUM wage now to flip burgers is $20.00 an hour in California

First, that is not true. Second that isn't what you claimed.
So, again. No answer. Just a dodge. Minimum wage laws ban all jobs with wages below the state decreed minimum. I don't see how you deny that. That's the entire point of these laws.

It's the standard statist approach to solving social problems. Make them illegal! People don't have health insurance? Make it illegal not to. People are working jobs that don't provide a living wage? Make that illegal too. Anything that you don't like in society - make it illegal!

As Thomas Sowell said, the real minimum wage is zero, and that will be the new wage for a lot of these low-income workers because of this shit.

So, again. No answer. Just a dodge. Minimum wage laws ban all jobs with wages below the state decreed minimum. I don't see how you deny that. That's the entire point of these laws.

That's not what was claimed. I have no desire to do your dance with you.

It's the standard statist approach to solving social problems. Make them illegal! People don't have health insurance? Make it illegal not to. People are working jobs that don't provide a living wage? Make that illegal too. Anything that you don't like in society - make it illegal!

Jobs aren't illegal. Well, most of them.

That's not what was claimed. I have no desire to do your dance with you.
I'm sure you don't. You don't seem to want to defend your views.
Jobs aren't illegal. Well, most of them.
In California, fast food jobs with wages under $20 are now illegal. That was the point of the law. To make them illegal. I can't imagine how you rationalize that away. Why even pretend it isn't the case?

I'm sure you don't. You don't seem to want to defend your views.

In California, fast food jobs with wages under $20 are now illegal. That was the point of the law. To make them illegal. I can't imagine how you rationalize that away. Why even pretend it isn't the case?

If I have to repeat myself again it's going to cost you three days wages.

Minimum wage advocates like to imagine that these laws will force employers to to pay their employees more. But they don't do that.

Most fast food franchises simply can't afford a 33% increase in payroll. So they'll work around the law instead. Let's say they're currently paying $15/hr each to four employees on a total shift. For a total of $60/hr. Instead of taking out a loan to meet payroll, they'll more likely just fire the low performer of the four, so they can afford to pay the other three - and push the them to work harder for their raise.

Roughly $40K a year for some HS dropout to put your fries in a little paper bag.
Fast food places CANNOT afford that. They will automate virtually everything or close.
Newsom is a fucking idiot.
Well how does the guy who is serving food in San Fran, live in San Fran...

This is the isue in all major cities in the world... How can the workers afford to live in the city they work... These cities are expensive to live in especially close to work...

Europe solve this by offering public transport which really only New York comes anywhere close too.

Think it out a little. California is not Mississippi, it is a third world country compared to Cali...

These are all supply and demand things... Demand is higher in these States..

Minimum wage advocates like to imagine that these laws will force employers to to pay their employees more. But they don't do that.

Most fast food franchises simply can't afford a 33% increase in payroll. So they'll work around the law instead. Let's say they're currently paying $15/hr each to four employees on a total shift. For a total of $60/hr. Instead of taking out a loan to meet payroll, they'll more likely just fire the low performer of the four, so they can afford to pay the other three - and push the them to work harder for their raise.
Seriously...

I never know that companies were keeping on extra staff all this time only to get rid of them now....

Companies are great, they don't ask their worker to work hard as they have loads of people just floating around doing nothin..

1696522423992.png

Looks like Walmart aren't sharing the wealth there..

Well how does the guy who is serving food in San Fran,
Your ignorance is showing. Virtually no one lives in SF. People who work in SF commute for the most part. It is common for many people in the BAY AREA to commute as far as 120 miles away or more because of the high real estate/rents in the bay. BTW, apparently you've never heard of BART. Look it up. A converted garage in SF will cost $36K a year and up to rent--your $40K fast food wages won't cover it---LOL what are you going to eat $10 McDs burgers? That will last about a month and what will you eat then. Stupid fucking democrats.

Your ignorance is showing. Virtually no one lives in SF. People who work in SF commute for the most part. It is common for many people in the BAY AREA to commute as far as 120 miles away or more because of the high real estate/rents in the bay. A converted garage in SF will cost $36K a year and up to rent--your $40K fast food wages won't cover it---LOL what are you going to eat $10 McDs burgers? That will last about a month and what will you eat then. Stupid fucking democrats.
Of course I meant live in the area..

So tell us how someone works in in the area and lives in the area, you are talking about huge commutes in and out everyday.. So then you have cases of them sleeping in cars...

Of course I meant live in the area..

So tell us how someone works in in the area and lives in the area, you are talking about huge commutes in and out everyday.. So then you have cases of them sleeping in cars...
STFU, you have no idea what you are talking about. People have been making that commute for the past 50 years. Whole cities have been established to become "bedroom communities" for the bay area and SF.

Yes. Seriously. Do you really imagine that increasing the minimum wage will have no negative impact?
I involves the people working there and getting a living wage...

There were negative impacts to getting rid of slaves too... Cost of labour increased too..

STFU, you have no idea what you are talking about. People have been making that commute for the past 50 years. Whole cities have been established to become "bedroom communities" for the bay area and SF.
Cool...

Ever think if that is right or wrong... There are countries all over the world that have discovered that people working in services for an area should be allowed to financially live in that area... Mingling people of different classes creates far better societies...

Forum List

Back