Exactly like we said... UPS passing on the wage/benefits increases to all of us.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
No link, because I received this today as a worldship member of UPS.

Here is the email I received today -

This summer, UPS and the U.S. Teamsters reached a new five-year labor agreement that rewards our hardworking people and sets us up to better serve you. We want to thank you for continuing to trust us with your shipping needs.

At UPS, we are committed to investing in the best team in the industry, innovative technology, and an unmatched global network. This is all to ensure that you can serve your customers with needed speed and reliability. To help you plan ahead, here is a summary of our rate changes for 2024.

• Effective December 3, 2023, UPS Air Freight rates within and between the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico will increase an average net 6.3%.
  • Effective December 26, 2023, the rates for UPS® Ground, UPS® Air and International will increase an average net 5.9%.
The teamsters union choosing to strike with a record wage increase asking, and better benefits - at a time of national RECORD inflation for over 50 years is 100% going to increase inflationary pressures on virtually every American consumer.

And here it is.
6% increase is HUGE. Every single item you buy online - prices will increase on those items due to this increase as those companies pass that cost on. Even buying local, especially smaller businesses, they receive their goods overwhelmingly via UPS.
They will be forced to raise their prices more.

Thank you Teamsters Union for contributing to a national problem.

No link, because I received this today as a worldship member of UPS.

Here is the email I received today -

This summer, UPS and the U.S. Teamsters reached a new five-year labor agreement that rewards our hardworking people and sets us up to better serve you. We want to thank you for continuing to trust us with your shipping needs.

At UPS, we are committed to investing in the best team in the industry, innovative technology, and an unmatched global network. This is all to ensure that you can serve your customers with needed speed and reliability. To help you plan ahead, here is a summary of our rate changes for 2024.

• Effective December 3, 2023, UPS Air Freight rates within and between the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico will increase an average net 6.3%.
  • Effective December 26, 2023, the rates for UPS® Ground, UPS® Air and International will increase an average net 5.9%.
The teamsters union choosing to strike with a record wage increase asking, and better benefits - at a time of national RECORD inflation for over 50 years is 100% going to increase inflationary pressures on virtually every American consumer.

And here it is.
6% increase is HUGE. Every single item you buy online - prices will increase on those items due to this increase as those companies pass that cost on. Even buying local, especially smaller businesses, they receive their goods overwhelmingly via UPS.
They will be forced to raise their prices more.

Thank you Teamsters Union for contributing to a national problem.
/---/ To all of you libtards who refused to acknowledge how corporations pass overhead like wages and taxes on to the consumers in the form of higher prices.

What did you expect? :dunno:

It's a lot cheaper (half the cost most of the time) for me to pay my FFL to log in a handgun and then ship it to the receiving FFL for me by USPS Priority Mail than to pay the robber price UPS charges for overnight or even two day.....If I do the packaging he will do it for $10.00.....Add maybe another $10.00 to $20.00 for the actual PM shipping cost and you can see where I'm coming from cost wise.

I am ok with paying an extra 6% so that more than 300,000 people can make a decent wage.

I am all for people getting as much pay as they can

Your six isn't shit

Add UPS, McDonald's, groceries, utilities, interest rates, etc

Your six percent is killing consumers

If you had the first clue about economics you'd know. But you don't

Back where I started is better than slowly losing ground against inflation.

Inflation is caused sometimes by increasing costs of production without concurrent improvements in production.

That's what is going on here. Same as with the increases we are going to see in the costs of American cars.

No fckn shit... it's why fast food prices are skyrocketing
Correct.

Of course, maybe the result will be beneficial for our peoples’ health. We don’t need all that overly processed, overly salted, highly caloric, fat saturated crap.

But let me just highlight what was previoosly noted. If the government taxes businesses, the corporations don’t pay the taxes. Ever. And it is dishonest and stupid and ignorant for our liberals to pretend they do.

Instead, of course and obviously, the companies merely pass that additional cost along to the consumers. Therefore, when our government cynically imposes any new taxation on any company, what they are actually doing is making the people pay it.

The issue is never whether we need to pay more taxes. The issue is unquestionably all about our insane spending. Lower taxes and cut spending and we will all benefit.

Last edited:
Still a more reliable outfit than FedEx.
For sure, it's not even close. UPS dominates for a reason
UPS does a great job.

EveryoneLaughingAtYou-topaz-enhance-2048w-faceaiZ.png

Forum List

Back