Suggestion - Israel forum with its sub-forum of I/P Conflict

If we had an Israel forum - what would you see put in it?

What Daniyel said.

What Daniyel said.

Hi Lipush, I don't think we've been formally introduced as of yet. Anyways, as an aspiring chef, I'm trying to perfect my matzah bread recipe to cater to Israeli tourists to the midwest. Any suggestions on what ingredients to use? Yay or nay for including the blood of a gentile?

Thanks.

I dunno, I heard gentiles' inside taste better than blood. maybe liver or kidney. I'll try and come back to you about that.

• Easier job for modding, since every post related to one of those but not entirely relate to the thread.
  • No more confusion since both are major subjects but not entirely conjugate although people discuss all Israel related subjects in I/P Conflict.
What do you think folks?
there is very little else interesting about Israel outside of its conflicts
it is kind of a one trick pony

• Easier job for modding, since every post related to one of those but not entirely relate to the thread.
  • No more confusion since both are major subjects but not entirely conjugate although people discuss all Israel related subjects in I/P Conflict.
What do you think folks?
there is very little else interesting about Israel outside of its conflicts
it is kind of a one trick pony
I Disagree, there are plenty of subjects you find in the I/PC forum which are not even close.

Well, since we have quite a few Israelis who post on this forum, I don't see that there would be anything wrong with having a section on the forum for them to discuss their issues.

What Daniyel said.

What Daniyel said.

Hi Lipush, I don't think we've been formally introduced as of yet. Anyways, as an aspiring chef, I'm trying to perfect my matzah bread recipe to cater to Israeli tourists to the midwest. Any suggestions on what ingredients to use? Yay or nay for including the blood of a gentile?

Thanks.

I dunno, I heard gentiles' inside taste better than blood. maybe liver or kidney. I'll try and come back to you about that.

Hahahaha nicely played. Many on this website seem incapable of humor, IE Penelope

What Daniyel said.

What Daniyel said.

Thanks.

Hahahaha nicely played. Many on this website seem incapable of humor, IE Penelope

Don't I know it:)

Sounds like an attempt to create a "Hasbara only zone". Israel is by and large defined by it's relationship with Palestine and it would be dishonest to make the Israel Palestine forum a SUB-forum of an overarching "Israel forum"; a bit like sweeping unpleasantness under the carpet. If the Israelis here want a forum to "praise" Israel, fine, create a seperate forum for them; or better yet, they can create their own forum to join the myriad of Pro-Israel forums already out there in the Internet.

I disagree very strongly with the bolded within my quote of your content.

There is a lot more to Eretz Yisrael than the eternal conflict with palis. So sorry if you are so caught up in your hatred to understand that.

As I've stated before, this is an American political forum, an American political forum, get it? It's not a travel and sightseeing forum, and although many Jewish and Israeli members would doubtless love to promote the positive aspects of the country its culture and its people, doing so will inevitably be seen in some quarters as Hasbara/Propaganda/B.S./White-washing/Pink-washing/Green-washing, etc. you name it, someone will make an accusation about it and suddenly we have a "politicised" discussion forum about Israel, for every "positive" someone will bring up at least two "negatives"; look no further than the current Israel Palestine forum.

You're the only one here talking of hate; perhaps that's a reflection on your character or personality, who knows or cares, but in doing so, you've already politicised the discussion. Isreal is defined by its relationship with the Palestinians, like it or not, agree with it or not, that's a fact of life in that region. Make peace with the Palestinians and then everyone can discuss the "positives" of Israel to their heart's content.

You have the Iraq and Iran forum, if you don't like the idea, nobody obligates you to write. Daniyel just made a suggestion. What's the matter, people afrait their anti-Israeli agenda might get damaged by people with a real knowledge about Israel?
well lets hear some then whats stopping you..we are all ears

What Daniyel said.

What Daniyel said.

Thanks.

Don't I know it:)
Israel Boring Facebook

What Daniyel said.

If we had an Israel forum what I'd like to see in it is the same guidelines for discussion as the new Debate forum has. The poster sets the guidelines and those who participate have to abide by those. I think it would be a very interesting discussion sans the OT attacks - etc. People may even enjoy it!

What Daniyel said.

What Daniyel said.

Thanks.

Roshan Nair-----the only NAIR (s) I know are indian hindus----
are you an indian hindu?-------I would be delighted with ----
HINDU/JEWISH fusion. cooking-----there is a restaurant in
Manhattan NY that bills itself "HINDU VEGETARIAN---and kosher too!!! " very popular with religious jews.
Some of the completely vegetarian hindus I have known in the past (like jains and some tamils) did not eat eggs------the dish
to which you refer----includes EGGS----kinda like matzoh French toast.. A Mumbai jew friend of mine did it with Indian style spices -----YUMMY. Kosher vegetarian is the CUISINE of the future -------EVERYONE CAN EAT IT. Blood is extremely optional-------as O approaches infinity

I want a Germany forum with the following sub-forums:
- Holy Roman Empire of German Nation
- German Bound
- German Reich (Kaiserreich)
- German Reich (Weimarer Republik)
- German Reich (Drittes Reich)
- FRG (Federal Republic of Germany)
- GDR (German Democratic Republic)

There should be the following special sub-forums:
- Germany - Cradle of Science and Technology
- Germany - Origin of Forms of Government
- Germany today - Top of the World or on the Decline?

The forum must be introduced within 72 hours or I am going to make and arm rebels.

Just a short list of this week threads that are not even close to be related to the I/P Conflict...
Atena Farghadani unjustly imprisoned - death to iran US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Patriotic Americans vs. Israel Page 18 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Helping the blind see again yet another Zionist Israeli contribution to humanity and peace Page 2 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Academic group votes to censure University of Illinois US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Who are the Israelis US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Wall Street Journal US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Error US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
History repeats itself over and over again. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Is Israel doomed Page 15 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Can you feel the approaching danger Page 19 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
ISIS savages shooting rockets into Israel US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Another great Zionist contribution to humanity and science exoskeletons for the crippled US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Israeli footwear conspiracy UK activist accuses Mossad of stealing shoe Page 2 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Another Israeli Zionist contribution to peace and humanity Page 2 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Israel Spied on Hotels Used for Iran Nuclear Talks Page 5 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

That's a total of 1200 posts...While some you can be posted elsewhere - they all circled about Israel as main subject, needless to say the I/P is probably one of the most crowded forums.

Last edited:
Interesting.. Kinda like a 2 "forum" solution.. Wouldn't go for it with the Palestine Conflict as SUBforum tho.

Somehow would have to be structured to make "Israel forum" a "non-conflict" issues zone. Last thing we need is a NEW war zone to moderate. Any ideas how to do that?

Same with a Palestinian Forum..

List of issues/topics/news that would be discussed in a Palestine forum that are "non-conflict" and don't involve Israel?

Interesting.. Kinda like a 2 "forum" solution.. Wouldn't go for it with the Palestine Conflict as SUBforum tho.

Somehow would have to be structured to make "Israel forum" a "non-conflict" issues zone. Last thing we need is a NEW war zone to moderate. Any ideas how to do that?

Same with a Palestinian Forum..

List of issues/topics/news that would be discussed in a Palestine forum that are "non-conflict" and don't involve Israel?
Well let's be honest, there is not much of "moderation" in the I/PC despite being a 'zone 2' and I don't blame anyone for that, it's simply impossible to follow over 3,000 posts on the average week.
Personally I've never encountered a Palestinian topics that are not involved directly with Israel, maybe it's just me..but on the other hand many of the threads (check the list above) are not even indirectly related to the I/PC and contains at least 1,200 posts by now.

The Israel and Palestine forum is mainly full of "events" used for propaganda purposes, be it pro or con Israel.

For example, If the Israeli Aron Gartenbaum invents a good item, we can read aboard it was a "Zionist invention", instead.

I don't think adding another forum would work - everyone would want their own country subforums and that would cause difficulties imo. I think an Israel only forum would turn into an anti-semitic flame zone and likewise with a Palestinian only forum given the nature of a number of folks.

What we did in the past - and this might be what we would do again -is move threads unrelated to the conflict to ME General or Badlands (depending on the fit).

Daniyel is right though - we do need to patrol IP more. The problem isn't that IP has a huge number of posters - it has a very dedicated group of posters who only post there and it gets a lot of activity. It also attracts people with extremely strong points of view on both sides and threads flare up into flaming with very little provocation.

How would you guys feel if we moved non-conflict threads out and then patroled the conflict threads a bit more strictly for a while?

This would mean too that we would need your help in reporting threads that don't belong so it brings it to our attention (it doesn't mean it will always be moved, we might not agree that it needs to) but it will alert us. We have some posters in Politics that do that and it's a big help.

Just a thought. :)

I don't think adding another forum would work - everyone would want their own country subforums and that would cause difficulties imo. I think an Israel only forum would turn into an anti-semitic flame zone and likewise with a Palestinian only forum given the nature of a number of folks.

What we did in the past - and this might be what we would do again -is move threads unrelated to the conflict to ME General or Badlands (depending on the fit).

Daniyel is right though - we do need to patrol IP more. The problem isn't that IP has a huge number of posters - it has a very dedicated group of posters who only post there and it gets a lot of activity. It also attracts people with extremely strong points of view on both sides and threads flare up into flaming with very little provocation.

How would you guys feel if we moved non-conflict threads out and then patroled the conflict threads a bit more strictly for a while?

This would mean too that we would need your help in reporting threads that don't belong so it brings it to our attention (it doesn't mean it will always be moved, we might not agree that it needs to) but it will alert us. We have some posters in Politics that do that and it's a big help.

Might cut down on the ad hominems, anyway... maybe worth a try.

You're quite the optimist aren't you? :lol:

You're quite the optimist aren't you? :lol:
"Next year, in Jerusalem..."
wink_smile.gif

Forum List

Back