Thoughts on much more stringent enforcement of the policy that Israel/Palestine threads ONLY be posted in the I/P forum?

After a month and 3/4, it's not Breaking News anymore. :dunno:
It's still breaking news.

A UN Caravan, loaded with weaponry was bombed by Israel 6 hours ago. It was traveling via Iran --> Syria --> Lebanon.

Two hours ago, Haniyah second son, who is also a Hamas leader, was killed in that convoy.

A UN convoy?

Yeah, that's breaking news.

OK, The Breaking News Sub-Forum if you want specefisity.

The Hamas cleanup thread is moved to where it doesn't get the same general forum attention. I suppose I should just be happy that it was allowed to live for a few days where the shining light was...

:nono:
If people truly care or have an interest in a thread, they will continue to participate in it regardless of where it is on the forum. What I don't understand is why all of a sudden (since Hamas attacked Israel), people that never had an interest in Israel and Palestine are suddenly "experts" on everything going on there and don't hesitate to point fingers at those that don't mimic their opinions. Where were they before the attack? Where will they be once Israel has decimated Hamas?

A UN Caravan, loaded with weaponry was bombed by Israel 6 hours ago. It was traveling via Iran --> Syria --> Lebanon.

Two hours ago, Haniyah second son, who is also a Hamas leader, was killed in that convoy.

A UN convoy?

Yeah, I'd say so. Why would a UN convoy have weapons around there?! :aargh:

That's pretty big time stuff there. Not the usual fodder :argue: of the "Israel/Palestine" forum.

How many nations are in the UN? Why did they have weapons?!

If people truly care or have an interest in a thread, they will continue to participate in it regardless of where it is on the forum. What I don't understand is why all of a sudden (since Hamas attacked Israel), people that never had an interest in Israel and Palestine are suddenly "experts" on everything going on there and don't hesitate to point fingers at those that don't mimic their opinions. Where were they before the attack? Where will they be once Israel has decimated Hamas?
It's a done deal, the thread was moved, gaining little attention, and dropped into the I/P shithole where many will not post.

/moving on

This issue is historically so divisive that most forums have a rule that NO posts regarding this conflict can be posted anywhere but a sub-forum dedicated to the issue.

Similar rules pertain to abortion on most sites, as people appear incapable of interacting in a civilized manner on that issue as well.

It's not an exaggeration to say that this forum is being torn apart by discussions of this issue; as one longtime poster remarked, the hostility is "unprecedented."

Would MUCH more stringent enforcement make a difference, or is the massive damage done, and only more damage to come?
I thought this would be about the problem of rampant littering in the United States of America

A UN convoy?

That could be a new thread all on its own.

That could be a new thread all on its own.

And there's more to come but when I create threads in the general forum, they almost always get moved. So I mostly just enter other people's threads.

And there's more to come but when I create threads in the general forum, they almost always get moved. So I mostly just enter other people's threads.
Meh, same here unless something is seriously worthwhile or I wanna be silly. :D

Meh, same here unless something is seriously worthwhile or I wanna be silly. :D

Palestinian journalist Marwat al-Azzeh was fired by NBC News after being arrested last week in Israel for inciting and glorifying terror

Palestinian journalist Marwat al-Azzeh was fired by NBC News after being arrested last week in Israel for inciting and glorifying terror.

“Iran over the years has provided a lot of assistance to Hamas in terms of rocket capability,” Eisenstadt said. “The signature weapon of Iran proxies are rockets and increasingly missiles. You see that everywhere — with Iraq, Hamas, the Houthis, Hezbollah.

They've already been caught using the Blue Crescent for troop movement.

This isn't the topic.

The topic:

Whether it makes sense to allow the further destruction of the forum by permitting discussion of THE most divisive issue on the planet on sub-forums not designated for such discussion.

Does it make sense to have dozens of new threads posted every day - many of which are duplicates created by people who couldn't be bothered to see if the topic was already being discussed - on multiple forums instead of the one designated for such discussion?

Does it make sense for half of the forum to have the other half of the forum on ignore as a result?

THAT is the topic.

:)
Zzz

Forum List

Back