Suggestion - Israel forum with its sub-forum of I/P Conflict

How about Palestinian Forum with I/P conflict as sub forum. Israel isn't really worth talking about except for what they are doing to the Pals and their interference in our US politics.

• Easier job for modding, since every post related to one of those but not entirely relate to the thread.
  • No more confusion since both are major subjects but not entirely conjugate although people discuss all Israel related subjects in I/P Conflict.
What do you think folks?

I think that is a splendid idea, Daniyel. I think Israel needs her own forum. It's a great solution! I'm all for it!

Sounds like an attempt to create a "Hasbara only zone". Israel is by and large defined by it's relationship with Palestine and it would be dishonest to make the Israel Palestine forum a SUB-forum of an overarching "Israel forum"; a bit like sweeping unpleasantness under the carpet. If the Israelis here want a forum to "praise" Israel, fine, create a seperate forum for them; or better yet, they can create their own forum to join the myriad of Pro-Israel forums already out there in the Internet.

Sounds like an attempt to create a "Hasbara only zone". Israel is by and large defined by it's relationship with Palestine and it would be dishonest to make the Israel Palestine forum a SUB-forum of an overarching "Israel forum"; a bit like sweeping unpleasantness under the carpet. If the Israelis here want a forum to "praise" Israel, fine, create a seperate forum for them; or better yet, they can create their own forum to join the myriad of Pro-Israel forums already out there in the Internet.

I disagree. Israel is first and foremost Israel. She should have her own forum. Iraq has its own forum. IRAN has its own forum. Israel should too. She is as much a sovereign nation as either of those nations. (if not more so)

I disagree. Israel is first and foremost Israel. She should have her own forum. Iraq has its own forum. IRAN has its own forum. Israel should too. She is as much a sovereign nation as either of those nations. (if not more so)

This is an American political forum and I suspect in American politics Iran looms large as a political subject, as does Iraq and the sheer volume of posts involved necessitates a seperate forum for each of them. As I've said before, in American politics Israel is "joined at the hip" with Palestine; the conflict is the political football that generates the stand alone forum, as does the conflict regarding America-Iran and American involvement in Iraq.

It's up to the staff here of course to decide whether Israel should have it's own Forum, and although I have reservations, I have no real objection so long as the Israel-Palestine Forum remains seperate and not just a sub forum. Anyway, if Israel can have it's own Forum, why can't the U.K. or France, or Germany? Why should all these countries, each one larger and arguably more powerful and influential than Israel, be subsumed into the Europe Forum?

I disagree very strongly with the bolded within my quote of your content.

There is a lot more to Eretz Yisrael than the eternal conflict with palis. So sorry if you are so caught up in your hatred to understand that.

There is a lot more to Eretz Yisrael than the eternal conflict with palis. So sorry if you are so caught up in your hatred to understand that.

As I've stated before, this is an American political forum, an American political forum, get it? It's not a travel and sightseeing forum, and although many Jewish and Israeli members would doubtless love to promote the positive aspects of the country its culture and its people, doing so will inevitably be seen in some quarters as Hasbara/Propaganda/B.S./White-washing/Pink-washing/Green-washing, etc. you name it, someone will make an accusation about it and suddenly we have a "politicised" discussion forum about Israel, for every "positive" someone will bring up at least two "negatives"; look no further than the current Israel Palestine forum.

You're the only one here talking of hate; perhaps that's a reflection on your character or personality, who knows or cares, but in doing so, you've already politicised the discussion. Isreal is defined by its relationship with the Palestinians, like it or not, agree with it or not, that's a fact of life in that region. Make peace with the Palestinians and then everyone can discuss the "positives" of Israel to their heart's content.

As I've stated before, this is an American political forum, an American political forum, get it? It's not a travel and sightseeing forum, and although many Jewish and Israeli members would doubtless love to promote the positive aspects of the country its culture and its people, doing so will inevitably be seen in some quarters as Hasbara/Propaganda/B.S./White-washing/Pink-washing/Green-washing, etc. you name it, someone will make an accusation about it and suddenly we have a "politicised" discussion forum about Israel, for every "positive" someone will bring up at least two "negatives"; look no further than the current Israel Palestine forum.

You're the only one here talking of hate; perhaps that's a reflection on your character or personality, who knows or cares, but in doing so, you've already politicised the discussion. Isreal is defined by its relationship with the Palestinians, like it or not, agree with it or not, that's a fact of life in that region. Make peace with the Palestinians and then everyone can discuss the "positives" of Israel to their heart's content.

How ironic that an antisemitic piece of human excrement that has taken up residence in Britain should be lecturing others that this is an American forum.

How about Palestinian Forum with I/P conflict as sub forum. Israel isn't really worth talking about except for what they are doing to the Pals and their interference in our US politics.
Jew haters like you have no credibility on Israel related topics.

A Palestine only forum would be useless, since Palestinians are a made up people.

There is a LOT more to Israel then the lowly Palestinians. There are plenty of other topics to discuss about Israel that deluded pro 'Palestinians' like you cannot handle.

There is a LOT more to Israel then the lowly Palestinians. There are plenty of other topics to discuss about Israel that deluded pro 'Palestinians' like you cannot handle.
Their tech is great as is their medical devices and as gun builders they ARE outstanding. Is that the angle you are looking at?

....How ironic that an antisemitic piece of human excrement that has taken up residence in Britain should be lecturing others that this is an American forum...

You two "tag-team" haters, should really look in the mirror before making stupid, facile accusations; then learn to read posts before pronouncing and spewing your bile. The point I was attempting to make is that any "Israel only" forum is likely to be hijacked by those like you from the "other side" or be seen as a "propaganda" forum. This will just create more work for the staff and ultimately it's up to them if it happens. I've said my piece and registered my opinion. I'll live with whatever the staff decide to do, but your posts just re-enforced the points I'm making.

It is an American forum with an International section.

What part of that simple idea can you not grasp?

Their tech is great as is their medical devices and as gun builders they ARE outstanding. Is that the angle you are looking at?

Subjects that can't be covered in the Science & Technology Forum or the Military Forum?

It is an American forum with an International section.

What part of that simple idea can you not grasp?

Fair point. There's already an Australia Forum and a Canada Forum, so let's see how this pans out. Rest assured though, I'll start agitating for a United Kingdom Forum, if this comes off.

Fair point. There's already an Australia Forum and a Canada Forum, so let's see how this pans out. Rest assured though, I'll start agitating for a United Kingdom Forum, if this comes off.

Everything about you is agitating.Your very purpose here is to indulge in your hatred of Jews, continually lying in order to do so.

One favor you could do the United Kingdom, though, is to move back to Pakistan, or whatever other knuckle-dragging hell hole that spawned your parents.

Forum List

Back