Thoughts on much more stringent enforcement of the policy that Israel/Palestine threads ONLY be posted in the I/P forum?

All Israel/Palestine related threads should be posted in the Israel/Palestine sub-forum.

Now. You could report them if those Israel/Palestine related threads are started in sub forums like Breaking News. More recently this is being done seemingly for the express intent of ignoring the rule about using the proper sub-forums and instead using the Breaking News section to sort of astroturf.

I'm not big on using the report button but I've tested this theory just to satisfy my own curiosity with how those reports are actually addressed maude per maude.

Depending on the particular maude performing a maude action, they'll tend to first look for a reason to just close it and leave it where it shouldn't be rather than move it where it should be.

And, so, ultimately the thread stays where the OP incorrectly/purposefully put it and serves as 1 - a glorified billboard and 2 - a glorified billboard where it shouldn't be.

To that extent, the friendly maude and the poster are kind of functioning in synergy there in a not so clever sort of way to keep the thread in Breaking News where it doesn't belong and as a bonus the thread serves as a sort of permanent billboard or ''sticky'' so to speak.

I think that's likely why we see so much dialogue among some around here with regard to who they can ''rely on'' or ''trust'' or to be ''on theor side'' as a maude and who they can't.

They know what they're doing.

But, as they say, it do take a village.

I mean, it's clever skulduggery. But it's not so clever if you really pay attention to how things happen and have a good understanding of human nature itself.

Again, though, it sems to depend on what maude is performing the maude action and their own worldviews regarding a given matter whether it get closed and serves as a permanently placed billboard or gets moved where it belongs.
Some good points.

My favorite:

All Israel/Palestine related threads should be posted in the Israel/Palestine sub-forum.

:)

Simply agree a fresh rule for joining the site where proof of age and IQ has to be provided and all those under 150 in either would be given provisional status and subject to member review to gain promotion .

Simply agree a fresh rule for joining the site where proof of age and IQ has to be provided and all those under 150 in either would be given provisional status and subject to member review to gain promotion .
I favor a logic test:

If all dogs are Marxist pedophiles...

Some just want to see the world burn.

Apparently the ruling class can lie us into wars over and over

But, as they say, it do take a village.
It comes down to civility

We're on the eve of WW3, the national narrative akin to a blood hungry rabid pack of wolves

They want to hate, they want you to hate , they'll paint you the hater if you don't....... all conflict on this rock starts out this way

Moderating that towards fruitful netiquette is not only sisyphean , it gags free speech

Ergo the fate of this site's viability ......

~S~

It comes down to civility

We're on the eve of WW3, the national narrative akin to a blood hungry rabid pack of wolves

They want to hate, they want you to hate , they'll paint you the hater if you don't....... all conflict on this rock starts out this way

Moderating that towards fruitful netiquette is not only sisyphean , it gags free speech

Ergo the fate of this site's viability ......

~S~
You're not the first to predict the site's viability.

The others were all wrong tho.

It's a pattern. :cool:

It's breaking news and current events.
I see what you're doing and I think most of us do too
Doing OR Suggesting.Big Difference.
Suggesting is All American.
Doing sans any suggestions is/ARE Fascist.
Don't take my word fir it.
" For Fascism is a lie told by bullies.
A writer who will not lie cannot live or work
under Fascism." -- Ernest Hemingway { Nobel Prize 1954 }
Same precise dictate used by the dirty dog Mainstream media
totally under the thumb of One Party { Them Democrats }

This issue is historically so divisive that most forums have a rule that NO posts regarding this conflict can be posted anywhere but a sub-forum dedicated to the issue.

Similar rules pertain to abortion on most sites, as people appear incapable of interacting in a civilized manner on that issue as well.

It's not an exaggeration to say that this forum is being torn apart by discussions of this issue; as one longtime poster remarked, the hostility is "unprecedented."

Would MUCH more stringent enforcement make a difference, or is the massive damage done, and only more damage to come?
More stringent enforcement makes me think that you just want to silence Israeli critics. I could be wrong.

More stringent enforcement makes me think that you just want to silence Israeli critics.
No; I want to prevent further damage to the entire forum due to the contagion of I/P discussions outside that sub-forum, as I've stated.

It's a policy that nearly all forums have, and not enforcing it can be catastrophic.
I could be wrong.
You couldn't be more wrong.

Just check my posting history, including interactions between us on the topic.

No; I want to prevent further damage to the entire forum due to the contagion of I/P discussions outside that sub-forum, as I've stated.

It's a policy that nearly all forums have, and not enforcing it can be catastrophic.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Just check my posting history, including interactions between us on the topic.
You do know trying to reign in the I/P forum is like herding cats?

Staff are keeping a lid on it, regardless of side... they say.

But I tend to disagree with that.

Free speech and all that.

But moderators move people around on this site more than most forums I have been on.

Because they have more than keeping a lid on the place in mind. :nono:

That's just the argument to get the Admin to agree to the destruction of the breaking news thread, imho...

This forum is for discussion.

NOT SQUELCHING IT. :doubt:

Staff are keeping a lid on it, regardless of side... they say.

But I tend to disagree with that.

Free speech and all that.

But moderators move people around on this site more than most forums I have been on.

Because they have more than keeping a lid on the place in mind. :nono:

That's just the argument to get the Admin to agree to the destruction of the breaking news thread, imho...

This forum is for discussion.

NOT SQUELCHING IT. :doubt:
Exactly what are mods trying to keep people from talking about? Explain, please.

Exactly what are mods trying to keep people from talking about? Explain, please.
The Breaking News Thread is gone.

That shows it.

Everything was fine in that thread until the attack on Israel post was created. The left was getting ass-kicked in that thread.

Now it's in the I/P and those posters who were getting their ass kicked are not seen to be getting it kicked anymore since the I/P forum has been seen as a shithole for at least a decade.

The Breaking News Thread is gone.

That shows it.

Everything was fine in that thread until the attack on Israel post was created. The left was getting ass-kicked in that thread.

Now it's in the I/P and those posters who were getting their ass kicked are not seen to be getting it kicked anymore since the I/P forum has been seen as a shithole for at least a decade.
The thread isn't gone. All threads that were in the "breaking news" area were moved to Current Events and the Israel & Palestine areas.

The thread isn't gone. All threads that were in the "breaking news" area were moved to Current Events and the Israel & Palestine areas.
OK, The Breaking News Sub-Forum if you want specefisity.

The Hamas cleanup thread is moved to where it doesn't get the same general forum attention. I suppose I should just be happy that it was allowed to live for a few days where the shining light was...

:nono:

Calling for ceasefires, and asking if it would be wise to diminish any additional damage may be upsetting to some.

Some just want to see the world burn.

I think most who are wise can see this.
That would not be you.
No, I said Canadians can't play hockey worth a darn.

I didn't say that you didn't play hockey.

But...I do think that Canadian minor league hockey is a rough game. They're fun to watch if you can catch one.
If Canadians can't play hockey, nobody can! :D

Some good points.

My favorite:

:)
Not when it's relevant breaking news or current events, jackwagon.

That's when the relevant information should be posted outside of your antisemitic circle jerk

that's been the same thing for years and years. One of the main proponents of that forum

is a mod here, and I avoid it like the plague as often as possible to avoid arguing with her.

\Well, that Breaking News Gaza thread is now pretty much dead.

And the left don't have to see themselves getting their asses kicked in it, anymore.

/moving on

Forum List

Back