Students attend Lesbian Wedding

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
As for Friday's wedding of a lesbian teacher and her longtime partner, Newsom wasn't aware that the first-graders would be skipping school for the event, Jaye said. The mayor performed the ceremony because one of the women was a friend of a friend. The students didn't attend the wedding itself but surprised their teacher on the steps outside City Hall.

Newsom believes the students should have stayed in school that day, Jaye said. "He doesn't think it's a good idea for students to come out of class to attend any wedding," Jaye said.

Political insiders say images of children attending a same-sex wedding play right into the hands of the proponents of a same-sex marriage ban. The more proponents can make the issue about protecting children and less about removing people's rights, the better their chances, several people said.

Newsom becomes campaign tool for Prop. 8 backers

It would seem not only a bad idea for the students to attend this wedding but if it were sanctioned in any way by the school itself then it would IMO be wrong. The school in this case should have no say so in ethical matters that are clearly a parental matter in this case.

Was she a gym teacher?

she is a 1st grade teacher Echo, my problem with this is that using these young children it seems to me in a wedding that was being officiated by the Mayor, they had to know that it would become a political football. In that case, this would be a terrible breach upon the parents and Mr. Newsom especially would have a lot of explaining to do as well as the teacher.

she is a 1st grade teacher Echo, my problem with this is that using these young children it seems to me in a wedding that was being officiated by the Mayor, they had to know that it would become a political football. In that case, this would be a terrible breach upon the parents and Mr. Newsom especially would have a lot of explaining to do as well as the teacher.

I know, I was trying to lighten things up.

I have a feeling this thread will be derailed by the haters, but I understand your point.

A-The kids should have NOT missed school for any part of this wedding. If it was on a Saturday and they were invited, then.....that would be up to the parents if they wanted to take the first graders or not.

B-You are right, the school should have had NO PART in any of this, it should have been a private matter. Parents need to teach their children character and ethics first and foremost.

C-If for some reason they were using the children for political reasons, SHAME ON THEM!

I know, I was trying to lighten things up.

I have a feeling this thread will be derailed by the haters, but I understand your point.

A-The kids should have NOT missed school for any part of this wedding. If it was on a Saturday and they were invited, then.....that would be up to the parents if they wanted to take the first graders or not.

B-You are right, the school should have had NO PART in any of this, it should have been a private matter. Parents need to teach their children character and ethics first and foremost.

C-If for some reason they were using the children for political reasons, SHAME ON THEM!

You know what strikes me here, is that Gavin Newsom is perfectly willing to attend a wedding with kids on a school day attending, but at the same time willing to tell the U.S. Navy they cannot have a memorial in San Francisco for WW2 Vets because it celebrates the War and people will be reminded of the War in Iraq. This is a terrible breach of parental rights in this matter and especially when your talking about 6 and 7 year olds.

Sorry, 1st grade is way too young to be introducing homosexuality or any kind of sexuality to kids. Why can't we let kids be kids and not forcefeed them our political points of view?

Sorry, 1st grade is way too young to be introducing homosexuality or any kind of sexuality to kids. Why can't we let kids be kids and not forcefeed them our political points of view?

Exactly my point David, this posting is not meant to condone a lifestlye one way or the other, but is to simply point out that a school should know better than to take 1st graders into a situation that is highly charged from a political point of view with prop 8 in Cali. It seems to me irresponsible on the part of the school to use these children in this way.

You know what strikes me here, is that Gavin Newsom is perfectly willing to attend a wedding with kids on a school day attending, but at the same time willing to tell the U.S. Navy they cannot have a memorial in San Francisco for WW2 Vets because it celebrates the War and people will be reminded of the War in Iraq. This is a terrible breach of parental rights in this matter and especially when your talking about 6 and 7 year olds.

Could you show me a link to that about the memorial they can't have?

Now that makes me mad! How could anyone deny a memorial to our Vets?

War is good.

Homosexuality is bad.

Got it.

I swear, you give libs such a bad name.

That's not what anyone is saying.

He's saying don't use kids for political purposes, and the WW2 Vets should get a memorial.

What part of that do you not agree with?

He's saying don't use kids for political purposes, and the WW2 Vets should get a memorial.

it's okay. chrissie/kirk represents the left in one sense only.

the left side of the bell curve.

no worries.
:cool:

Exactly my point David, this posting is not meant to condone a lifestlye one way or the other, but is to simply point out that a school should know better than to take 1st graders into a situation that is highly charged from a political point of view with prop 8 in Cali. It seems to me irresponsible on the part of the school to use these children in this way.

I see that you say tomata... I hope you find this homogenous world of you where everything looks and tastes the same...

Me, I think its wonderfull.. if the parents were cool with it then wtf are we discussing it for..

Maybe we should impose puritan rules on all of society... instead of sharia laws we can call em shalala laws..

It is so sad that these children were forced to whitness a perverted homo marriage.

This is part of the Gay Agenda plan to indoctrinate our children into accepting sodomy as normal.

San Francisco is the nuttiest place in America. They can't get anything right.

Tear down that stupid prison in the middle of the bay for Christ's sake.

It is so sad that these children were forced to whitness a perverted homo marriage.

This is part of the Gay Agenda plan to indoctrinate our children into accepting sodomy as normal.

Who defines normal?

Forum List

Back