Stop with the “I inherited a bad economy” excuse, says …

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
links and a chart with article at site

SNIP:
posted at 10:01 am on July 7, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
For more than three years, Barack Obama has whined about having inherited a bad economy whenever data shows the consistent stagnation wrought by his economic policies. Regardless of how bad the recession is, Obamanomics has produced the worst recovery in the post-World War II period, as the data from the Minneapolis Federal Reserve shows (see update below):

Conservatives ran out of patience a long time ago with the “I inherited a bad economy” excuse, but it’s not just conservatives who find themselves tired of Obama’s pat response. Robert Reich scolded Obama yesterday on the pages of the Huffington Post, writing that the excuse is “wearing thin” and that this is Obama’s economy:
Unemployment for June is stuck at 8.2 percent, the same as in May. And only 80,000 new jobs were added.

Remember, 125,000 news jobs are needed just to keep up with the increase in the population of Americans who need jobs. That means the jobs situation continues to worsen.

The average of 75,000 new jobs created in April, May and June contrasts sharply with the 226,000 new jobs created in January, February and March.

In Ohio yesterday, Obama reiterated that he had inherited the worst economy since the Great Depression. That’s true. But the excuse is wearing thin. It’s his economy now, and most voters don’t care what he inherited.

the rest and chart at
Stop with the “I inherited a bad economy” excuse, says … « Hot Air

I will readily admit Obama inherited a bad economy and I will even give him a pass on using that for the first couple of years of his presidency but that does not give you free pass forever at some point you have to take responsibility for your policies and there results.

I like this comment from someone at the site

The GOP should run an ad with Romney saying…”I won’t be inheriting Obama’s economy, I’ll be inheriting America’s economy. And together we can fix this!”

He DID inherit a bad economy, and everybody knows it. That doesn't fade with time, it DID happen. And then he got the lovely crew that promised on his inauguration night that they would do everything they could to see him fail. Unfortunately for them, fortunately for us, he did a fair amount of circumventing.

Also - the rest of the world isn't doing that great. Except I'm guessing China? Where you really should go live if you hate this country so much.

He DID inherit a bad economy, and everybody knows it. That doesn't fade with time, it DID happen. And then he got the lovely crew that promised on his inauguration night that they would do everything they could to see him fail. Unfortunately for them, fortunately for us, he did a fair amount of circumventing.

Also - the rest of the world isn't doing that great. Except I'm guessing China? Where you really should go live if you hate this country so much.

:eusa_boohoo:
He had two years before the big bad Republicans took the house...and what did he blow those on..................OBAMATAX
Then the people PUT the Republicans in to STOP the idiot..and thankfully they have or we'd be in worse shape than we are now

Last edited:
links and a chart with article at site

SNIP:
posted at 10:01 am on July 7, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
For more than three years, Barack Obama has whined about having inherited a bad economy whenever data shows the consistent stagnation wrought by his economic policies. Regardless of how bad the recession is, Obamanomics has produced the worst recovery in the post-World War II period, as the data from the Minneapolis Federal Reserve shows (see update below):

Conservatives ran out of patience a long time ago with the “I inherited a bad economy” excuse, but it’s not just conservatives who find themselves tired of Obama’s pat response. Robert Reich scolded Obama yesterday on the pages of the Huffington Post, writing that the excuse is “wearing thin” and that this is Obama’s economy:
Unemployment for June is stuck at 8.2 percent, the same as in May. And only 80,000 new jobs were added.

Remember, 125,000 news jobs are needed just to keep up with the increase in the population of Americans who need jobs. That means the jobs situation continues to worsen.

The average of 75,000 new jobs created in April, May and June contrasts sharply with the 226,000 new jobs created in January, February and March.

In Ohio yesterday, Obama reiterated that he had inherited the worst economy since the Great Depression. That’s true. But the excuse is wearing thin. It’s his economy now, and most voters don’t care what he inherited.

the rest and chart at
Stop with the “I inherited a bad economy” excuse, says … « Hot Air

Obama hasn't taken responsibility for anything yet.......

Are we supposed to believe that he is perfect and he has made no mistakes???

The guy is an arrogant clown.....

Well, he sounded pretty resolute when he was running for office, didn't he? He wasn't whining about anything then and claiming he couldn't do it in one term. He said the opposite. He would be a one term presidident if he didn't Cut the deficit by 50 percent and bring good economic times back to the USA.

The whining started when failure was the result. Then the "Bush DID It"mantra began. We don't want excuses. We want results.

Does Obama get credit for...

Stopping an economic collapse?
Averting a Depression?
Doubling the stock market?
record low interest rates?

What, exactly have Republicans accomplished in the last four years?

Oh yea....they protected tax cuts for billionaires

He had two years before the big bad Republicans took the house...and what did he blow those on..................OBAMATAX
Then the people PUT the Republicans in to STOP the idiot..and thankfully they have or we'd be in worse shape than we are now

And millions of Americans will be grateful for decades to come. It's already helped people and saved lives. I guess if it's not you getting the help, it doesn't matter.

I don't live like that.

You're not a Christian, are you? I'd hate to think somebody with your mindset called yourself by His name.

Last edited:

And millions of Americans will be grateful for decades to come.

oh yeah sure they will, our grandchildren and great grandchildren will be asking how did we let this happen

Last edited:

Amazing share, thank you.

Before I left on my trip on the first of July, I received two letters from important men, both of them pleading that I say something to restore confidence. To both of them I wrote identical answers: "What would you like to have me say?" From one of them I have received no reply at all in six weeks. I take it that he is still wondering how to answer. The other man wrote me frankly that in his judgment the way to restore confidence was for me to tell the people of the United States that all supervision by all forms of Government, Federal and State, over all forms of human activity called business should be forthwith abolished.

Now, my friends, in other words, that man was frank enough to imply that he would repeal all laws, State or national, which regulate business—that a utility could henceforth charge any rate, unreasonable or otherwise; that the railroads could go back to rebates and other secret agreements; that the processors of food stuffs could disregard all rules of health and of good faith; that the unregulated wild-cat banking of a century ago could be restored; that fraudulent securities and watered stock could be palmed off on the public; that stock manipulation which caused panics and enriched insiders could go unchecked. In fact, my friends, if we were to listen to him and his type, the old law of the tooth and the claw would reign in our Nation once more.

The people of the United States will not restore that ancient order. There is no lack of confidence on the part of those business men, farmers and workers who clearly read the signs of the times. Sound economic improvement comes from the improved conditions of the whole population and not a small fraction thereof.

Those who would measure confidence in this country in the future must look first to the average citizen.

And millions of Americans will be grateful for decades to come. It's already helped people and saved lives. I guess if it's not you getting the help, it doesn't matter.

I don't live like that.

You're not a Christian, are you? I'd hate to think somebody with your mindset called yourself by His name.

How many will be thanking him on the bread line when they get fired cause they are no longer worth the cost?????I know it is hard for your progressive mind to understand but there are people who like being employed more then the government enslaving them,.

oh yeah sure they will, our grandchildren and great grandchildren will be asking how did we let this happen

Bullshit, Stephanie. You are brainwashed, and not afraid to let everybody know it.

If a woman, and this is just one example, who pays her premiums and becomes very ill can be told by her insurance company that the product she needs, that will save her life, is not necessary, then they need to be stopped. If she tells them "If I don't get this product, I will die." And they say "Okay ..." - NO. They will not be able to pull that shit anymore, and it is About Damn Time.

I'm sorry your ittow bitty tater peelings are hurt, but you're going to need to get the fuck over it.

Bullshit, Stephanie. You are brainwashed, and not afraid to let everybody know it.

If a woman, and this is just one example, who pays her premiums and becomes very ill can be told by her insurance company that the product she needs, that will save her life, is not necessary, then they need to be stopped. If she tells them "If I don't get this product, I will die." And they say "Okay ..." - NO. They will not be able to pull that shit anymore, and it is About Damn Time.

I'm sorry your ittow bitty tater peelings are hurt, but you're going to need to get the fuck over it.

:lol:
get your excuse ready for your great grandchildren into why you agreed to make them a slave to the Government

If John McCain had won and his first term results were no better than Obama's would you be as willing to give him the same free pass you seem to be willing to give Obama? Yes Obama came into a bad economy but if we are going to use the standard if you come into office during tough times you should get a second term because one is not enough then we might as well redo our Presidential election cycle to every eight years instead of four.On a side note I recall not so long ago when the left called circumventing Congress well un american, unpatriotic, unconstitutional guess it all depends on whose doing it.

I don't live like that.

How many will be thanking him on the bread line when they get fired cause they are no longer worth the cost?????I know it is hard for your progressive mind to understand but there are people who like being employed more then the government enslaving them,.

I don't do life from a place of fear. I work in the insurance industry, as does my sister. They will either learn to adapt, or not, but I will not deny my fellow Americans what they need to stay alive and healthy, just because you don't understand.

Forum List

Back