Stop with the “I inherited a bad economy” excuse, says …

How about using third party candidates to FLUSH a hundred or so Republicans AND Democrats from DC in a single news cycle next November? (Send the flying saucers to the Pentagon)?
There is a better chance E.T will save the day then a third party winning anything....You might as well stay at home or vote Obama cause ether way your vote is going to him. Me ? I am not gonna cry like a bitch and vote for the candidate that can win and who is better then Obama.....You see I dont want Obama to destroy my country you on the other hand seem to.
What if both Obama and Romney plan on making you cry like a bitch and destroying your country?

Unless you're among the richest 1% of Americans that is exactly what your "choice" amounts to.
You mean people might make money??????? Say it aint so!!!!!!! Damn that evil capitalism!!!! Sorry not a Marxist so I dont mind rich people. I have no need for envy.

links and a chart with article at site

SNIP:
posted at 10:01 am on July 7, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
For more than three years, Barack Obama has whined about having inherited a bad economy whenever data shows the consistent stagnation wrought by his economic policies. Regardless of how bad the recession is, Obamanomics has produced the worst recovery in the post-World War II period, as the data from the Minneapolis Federal Reserve shows (see update below):

Conservatives ran out of patience a long time ago with the “I inherited a bad economy” excuse, but it’s not just conservatives who find themselves tired of Obama’s pat response. Robert Reich scolded Obama yesterday on the pages of the Huffington Post, writing that the excuse is “wearing thin” and that this is Obama’s economy:
Unemployment for June is stuck at 8.2 percent, the same as in May. And only 80,000 new jobs were added.

Remember, 125,000 news jobs are needed just to keep up with the increase in the population of Americans who need jobs. That means the jobs situation continues to worsen.

The average of 75,000 new jobs created in April, May and June contrasts sharply with the 226,000 new jobs created in January, February and March.
In Ohio yesterday, Obama reiterated that he had inherited the worst economy since the Great Depression. That’s true. But the excuse is wearing thin. It’s his economy now, and most voters don’t care what he inherited.

the rest and chart at
Stop with the “I inherited a bad economy” excuse, says … « Hot Air

A very small part of me almost wants to see him re-elected. if for no other reason than to see who he'll blame next time

:lol:

I will readily admit Obama inherited a bad economy and I will even give him a pass on using that for the first couple of years of his presidency but that does not give you free pass forever at some point you have to take responsibility for your policies and there results.

I agree.

If after two terms Obama hasn't at least begun to turn around the damage from eight years of George W. Bush's policies then he will be at least partly responsible.

I will readily admit Obama inherited a bad economy and I will even give him a pass on using that for the first couple of years of his presidency but that does not give you free pass forever at some point you have to take responsibility for your policies and there results.

I agree.

If after two terms Obama hasn't at least begun to turn around the damage from eight years of George W. Bush's policies then he will be at least partly responsible.

8 = 8
Notice the EQUAL in the equation.
It doesn't mean "partly".

:eusa_shhh:

He DID inherit a bad economy, and everybody knows it. That doesn't fade with time, it DID happen. And then he got the lovely crew that promised on his inauguration night that they would do everything they could to see him fail. Unfortunately for them, fortunately for us, he did a fair amount of circumventing.

Also - the rest of the world isn't doing that great. Except I'm guessing China? Where you really should go live if you hate this country so much.

Wow....a real post.

First, he isn't the first and he won't be the last.

Reagan got a bad one too and four years later...he only lost one state out of 50.

Barry stands to lose more than enough to be a one-termer.

Oh, and BTW: that lovely crew was put there by who: We The People....and as near as I can tell....they are doing just what We The People asked them to do. So quit your moaning.

And yes, he did sidestep the constitution on repeated occasions.

And the rest of the world wasn't doing so well when Reagan swamped Mondale in '84. In fact the U.S. wasn't doing all that great....but Reagan was a leader and had a backbone.

Obama is a spineless jellyfish.

Actually, he inherited the SECOND Pub World Depression and had control of congress for six months at most, and the the biggest a-hole opposition ever. Will the Pub propaganda machine make fantasy a reality? Not bloody likely. What a waste. Pub dupes!

Actually, he inherited the SECOND Pub World Depression and had control of congress for six months at most, and the the biggest a-hole opposition ever. Will the Pub propaganda machine make fantasy a reality? Not bloody likely. What a waste. Pub dupes!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

this was with the comments at the site..

The Mess and how Obama inherited it
This tells the story, why Bush was so bad at the end of his term.
Don’t just skim over this, read it slowly and let it sink in. If in doubt, check it out.
The day the democrats took over was not January 22nd 2009, it was actually January 3rd 2007 the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, at the very start of the 110th Congress.
The Democrat Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.
For those who are listening to the liberals propagating the fallacy that everything is “Bush’s Fault”, think about this:
January 3rd, 2007 was the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress. At the time:
The DOW Jones closed at 12,621..77
The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%
The Unemployment rate was 4.6%
George Bush’s Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB GROWTH
Remember the day…
January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee.
The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy?
BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!
Unemployment… to this CRISIS by (among MANY other things) dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from YOUR Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac FIASCOES!
Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie – starting in 2001 because it was financially risky for the US economy.
And who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac? OBAMA
And who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie?
OBAMA and the Democrat Congress
So when someone tries to blame Bush..
REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007…. THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!”
Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democrat Party.
Furthermore, the Democrats controlled the budget process for 2008 & 2009 as well as 2010 &2011.
In that first year, they had to contend with George Bush, which caused them to compromise on spending, when Bush somewhat belatedly got tough on spending increases.
For 2009 though, Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid bypassed George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep government running until Barack Obama could take office. At that time, they passed a massive omnibus spending bill to complete the 2009 budgets.
And where was Barack Obama during this time? He was a member of that very Congress that passed all of these massive spending bills, and he signed the omnibus bill as President to complete 2009.
If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets.
If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself. In a nutshell, what Obama is saying is I inherited a deficit that I voted for and then I voted to expand that deficit four-fold since January 20th.
sicoit on July 7, 2012 at 10:09 AM

tip from

Unemployment has been higher every month Obama has been in office than the day he was sworn in. If that isn't failure, I dont know what is.
We need to get rid of this gross incompetent and let an adult run things for a change.

He DID inherit a bad economy, and everybody knows it. That doesn't fade with time, it DID happen. And then he got the lovely crew that promised on his inauguration night that they would do everything they could to see him fail. Unfortunately for them, fortunately for us, he did a fair amount of circumventing.

Also - the rest of the world isn't doing that great. Except I'm guessing China? Where you really should go live if you hate this country so much.

That's it, avoid responsibility at all costs. That's the liberal way!

Just vote obama out people...

WE ARE SICK to death of his whining, blaming others, and for the thuggish behavior he showS towards others when he doesn't get his way

VOTE

National Employment Monthly Update

The national unemployment rate was unchanged in June, remaining at 8.2 percent, according to figures released the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Unemployment has hovered near 8.0 percent for the first six months of the year and is down a full percentage point since June 2011.

The number of long-term unemployed, those jobless for 27 weeks or longer, remained steady at 5.4 million and accounted for 41.9 percent of the unemployed. That is an improvement over a year ago, when 6.3 million workers were unemployed long-term.

The economy added approximately 80,000 jobs during June. Sectors showing job growth were professional and business services, manufacturing, health care, and wholesale trade.

Employment in other sectors, including mining, construction, retail trade, transportation, financial services, leisure and hospitality, and public employment, showed little or no change for the month.

Unemployment figures for July will be released on Friday, August 3, 2012.

Will you ever learn English? It's highly doubtful.

Greedy incompetent Pubs run the GOP and the Pub propaganda machine, and you a Pub dupe ignoramus. I hope that helps. Change the channel and try reality.

SNIP:
For more than three years, Barack Obama has whined about having inherited a bad economy whenever data shows the consistent stagnation wrought by his economic policies. Regardless of how bad the recession is, Obamanomics has produced the worst recovery in the post-World War II period, as the data from the Minneapolis Federal Reserve shows (see update below):

Conservatives ran out of patience a long time ago with the “I inherited a bad economy” excuse, but it’s not just conservatives who find themselves tired of Obama’s pat response. Robert Reich scolded Obama yesterday on the pages of the Huffington Post, writing that the excuse is “wearing thin” and that this is Obama’s economy:
Unemployment for June is stuck at 8.2 percent, the same as in May. And only 80,000 new jobs were added.

Remember, 125,000 news jobs are needed just to keep up with the increase in the population of Americans who need jobs. That means the jobs situation continues to worsen.

The average of 75,000 new jobs created in April, May and June contrasts sharply with the 226,000 new jobs created in January, February and March.

In Ohio yesterday, Obama reiterated that he had inherited the worst economy since the Great Depression. That’s true. But the excuse is wearing thin. It’s his economy now, and most voters don’t care what he inherited.

the rest and chart at

I'm hearing surprising comments from the left and other non-GOP sources. On one of the more liberal talk shows on our local public radio network (Wisconsin has a special talk radio channel in addition to the classical music channel), the guest floored me by saying that Obamacare was inhibiting hiring. This was not one of the token Republican guests the host sometimes has. It was a college professor. Can't remember the specialty. I think economics. The host seemed as flummoxed as I was by her guest casually mentioning how the concern about Obamacare costs and requirements was suppressing expansion of small businesses. It was a "moving right along" moment.

More and more people are stepping away from "he's a nice guy, let's give him a chance" mode to detached assessment of what he has and hasn't done about the most important issue facing the nation.

Hopefully enough people do that before the election.

Last edited:

SNIP:

the rest and chart at

I agree..... hope and change....

We hoped he would change it.... we just did not know he was going to change it for the worse.

had Reagan said u you would be screaming for Reagan to stop whining.

Mitt Romney ran for governor of Massachusetts promising more jobs, less debt, and smaller government. Here’s what Massachusetts got instead:

Jobs: 47th out of 50 states in job creation
Taxes and fees: Increased by $750 million per year
Long-term debt: Increased more than $2.6 billion
Outsourcing: State jobs outsourced overseas
Manufacturing: Jobs declined at twice the national rate
Romney Economics didn't work then, and won't work now.
He can't even carry his own State, and that'd be why. The man apparently doesn't know how NOT to do more damage.

Care to discuss Illinois' rankings in the scheme of things while Obama was there?
Will Obama "carry" Illinois?

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back