Stop with the “I inherited a bad economy” excuse, says …

And Obama, Bush, and Clinton deserve to die in prison for their parts:

"The set up began when we heard about the ownership society in the 2004 presidential election.

"President Bush defined ownership as taking the government out of our lives so more people could own homes and control their destinies. The foundation was home ownership.

"As Bush said on the campaign trail, 'We’re creating a home — an ownership society in this country, where more Americans than ever will be able to open up their door where they live and say, welcome to my house, welcome to my piece of property' October 2, 2004.

"Then Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan was uncharacteristically coherent when he laid the foundation for the swindle earlier that year.

"Greenspan told the Credit Union National Association that the fixed rate mortgage was “an expensive way of financing a home.”

"He was clear when he advised lenders that, 'consumers might benefit if lenders provided greater mortgage product alternatives to the traditional fixed-rate mortgage.' February 2, 2004. Home equity through exotic mortgage products fueled consumption and became the new 'margin account.'”

Beyond Foreclosuregate - It Gets Uglier

Does anyone think this swindle will change if Romney or Obama wins next November.
The rich will win, just as they have for thousands of years.
Some slaves never learn...

And millions of Americans will be grateful for decades to come. It's already helped people and saved lives. I guess if it's not you getting the help, it doesn't matter.

I don't live like that.

You're not a Christian, are you? I'd hate to think somebody with your mindset called yourself by His name.

How many will be thanking him on the bread line when they get fired cause they are no longer worth the cost?????I know it is hard for your progressive mind to understand but there are people who like being employed more then the government enslaving them,.

I don't do life from a place of fear. I work in the insurance industry, as does my sister. They will either learn to adapt, or not, but I will not deny my fellow Americans what they need to stay alive and healthy, just because you don't understand.

No you do life from Dreamland backed up with Fascism.

And millions of Americans will be grateful for decades to come. It's already helped people and saved lives. I guess if it's not you getting the help, it doesn't matter.

I don't live like that.

You're not a Christian, are you? I'd hate to think somebody with your mindset called yourself by His name.

How many will be thanking him on the bread line when they get fired cause they are no longer worth the cost?????I know it is hard for your progressive mind to understand but there are people who like being employed more then the government enslaving them,.

I don't do life from a place of fear. I work in the insurance industry, as does my sister. They will either learn to adapt, or not, but I will not deny my fellow Americans what they need to stay alive and healthy, just because you don't understand.

yeah, all that's wonderful when you can do all that with other peoples monies

He DID inherit a bad economy, and everybody knows it. That doesn't fade with time, it DID happen. And then he got the lovely crew that promised on his inauguration night that they would do everything they could to see him fail. Unfortunately for them, fortunately for us, he did a fair amount of circumventing.

Also - the rest of the world isn't doing that great. Except I'm guessing China? Where you really should go live if you hate this country so much.
If John McCain had won and his first term results were no better than Obama's would you be as willing to give him the same free pass you seem to be willing to give Obama? Yes Obama came into a bad economy but if we are going to use the standard if you come into office during tough times you should get a second term because one is not enough then we might as well redo our Presidential election cycle to every eight years instead of four.On a side note I recall not so long ago when the left called circumventing Congress well un american, unpatriotic, unconstitutional guess it all depends on whose doing it.

I see it as two-fold. He is doing the best he can, as are the people who want him to fail. It's not about what is best for the country, it is about seeing him fail. They have made that very clear.

Romney has made it very clear that if he wins, he intends to do a LOT of damage. Untold damage. But that's what will happen if people vote for "Anybody but Obama." And after what's happening with Diebold and controlling who votes (see my sig), I can't even say "if he wins, we deserve whatever happens." Because there are people making damn sure he will win, even if it's not legally.

"The set up began when we heard about the ownership society in the 2004 presidential election.

"President Bush defined ownership as taking the government out of our lives so more people could own homes and control their destinies. The foundation was home ownership.

"As Bush said on the campaign trail, 'We’re creating a home — an ownership society in this country, where more Americans than ever will be able to open up their door where they live and say, welcome to my house, welcome to my piece of property' October 2, 2004.

"Then Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan was uncharacteristically coherent when he laid the foundation for the swindle earlier that year.

"Greenspan told the Credit Union National Association that the fixed rate mortgage was “an expensive way of financing a home.”

"He was clear when he advised lenders that, 'consumers might benefit if lenders provided greater mortgage product alternatives to the traditional fixed-rate mortgage.' February 2, 2004. Home equity through exotic mortgage products fueled consumption and became the new 'margin account.'”

Does anyone think this swindle will change if Romney or Obama wins next November.

Hey I am with you I will just wait for the flying saucers to make it all better.

No you do life from Dreamland backed up with Fascism.

"Alright. Ciao!"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PmuHWPZSkY]Eddie Izzard about italians - YouTube[/ame]

wow, Romney has made it clear he will do untold damage?

really, I missed that

Hey I am with you I will just wait for the flying saucers to make it all better.
How about using third party candidates to FLUSH a hundred or so Republicans AND Democrats from DC in a single news cycle next November? (Send the flying saucers to the Pentagon)?

How about using third party candidates to FLUSH a hundred or so Republicans AND Democrats from DC in a single news cycle next November? (Send the flying saucers to the Pentagon)?
There is a better chance E.T will save the day then a third party winning anything....You might as well stay at home or vote Obama cause ether way your vote is going to him. Me ? I am not gonna cry like a bitch and vote for the candidate that can win and who is better then Obama.....You see I dont want Obama to destroy my country you on the other hand seem to.

He DID inherit a bad economy, and everybody knows it. That doesn't fade with time, it DID happen. And then he got the lovely crew that promised on his inauguration night that they would do everything they could to see him fail. Unfortunately for them, fortunately for us, he did a fair amount of circumventing.

Also - the rest of the world isn't doing that great. Except I'm guessing China? Where you really should go live if you hate this country so much.
If John McCain had won and his first term results were no better than Obama's would you be as willing to give him the same free pass you seem to be willing to give Obama? Yes Obama came into a bad economy but if we are going to use the standard if you come into office during tough times you should get a second term because one is not enough then we might as well redo our Presidential election cycle to every eight years instead of four.On a side note I recall not so long ago when the left called circumventing Congress well un american, unpatriotic, unconstitutional guess it all depends on whose doing it.

I see it as two-fold. He is doing the best he can, as are the people who want him to fail. It's not about what is best for the country, it is about seeing him fail. They have made that very clear.

Romney has made it very clear that if he wins, he intends to do a LOT of damage. Untold damage. But that's what will happen if people vote for "Anybody but Obama." And after what's happening with Diebold and controlling who votes (see my sig), I can't even say "if he wins, we deserve whatever happens." Because there are people making damn sure he will win, even if it's not legally.

watch it BD....you're ALMOST sounding like TDM :)

He DID inherit a bad economy, and everybody knows it. That doesn't fade with time, it DID happen.

It's Effectiveness as an Excuse clearly does. The American people are smart enough to both understand Obama did Inherit a bad Economy, and that he did a poor Job of Responding to it, and that many of his policies are actually dragging down any Possible Recovery.

Unless of course you are a Blind Obama Partisan, then you apparently think Every single thing Obama has done has had a positive effect on the Economy.

wow, Romney has made it clear he will do untold damage?

really, I missed that

Of course you did. The Blaze didn't cover it, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't on Faux Snooze.

awww, the same old snide talking point..

Honey, when you come up with something besides :yawn: - we'll talk.

Romney

Look at Romney’s terms to describe deficits, and it’s pretty clear he has adapted himself to his party’s conceptualization of it. His speech includes the following phrases:

• a financial crisis of debt and spending
  • Washington has been spending too much money
  • out-of-control spending sprees, or to piling up massive amounts of debt
  • This is why I do not, for one moment, share my opponent’s belief that our spending problems can be solved with more taxes.

In Romney’s telling, the terms debt and spending are essentially interchangeable. When presented with Obama’s position — that the solution to the debt ought to include both higher taxes and lower spending — he rejects it out of hand. Naturally, Romney has admitted before that his budget plan “can’t be scored.” It’s an expression of conservative moral beliefs about the role of government. While loosely couched in budgetary terms, Romney is expressing an analysis that resides outside of, and completely at odds with, mainstream macroeconomic forecasting and scoring assumptions.

defspending.png

He wants to raise defense spending. HELLO!? Why??

He also wants to cut taxes further on the top 1%. No, not on everybody. Just them. Stimulate the economy, ::cough::Bullshit::cough-cough::.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWdZEJW1vWY]We've Heard it All Before - Obama for America Television Ad - YouTube[/ame]

Mitt Romney ran for governor of Massachusetts promising more jobs, less debt, and smaller government. Here’s what Massachusetts got instead:

Jobs: 47th out of 50 states in job creation
Taxes and fees: Increased by $750 million per year
Long-term debt: Increased more than $2.6 billion
Outsourcing: State jobs outsourced overseas
Manufacturing: Jobs declined at twice the national rate
Romney Economics didn't work then, and won't work now.

He can't even carry his own State, and that'd be why. The man apparently doesn't know how NOT to do more damage.

There is a better chance E.T will save the day then a third party winning anything....You might as well stay at home or vote Obama cause ether way your vote is going to him. Me ? I am not gonna cry like a bitch and vote for the candidate that can win and who is better then Obama.....You see I dont want Obama to destroy my country you on the other hand seem to.
What if both Obama and Romney plan on making you cry like a bitch and destroying your country?

Unless you're among the richest 1% of Americans that is exactly what your "choice" amounts to.

watch it BD....you're ALMOST sounding like TDM :)

Oh, didn't you hear? Apparently - and it's news to me - I'm a fascist.

links and a chart with article at site

SNIP:
posted at 10:01 am on July 7, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
For more than three years, Barack Obama has whined about having inherited a bad economy whenever data shows the consistent stagnation wrought by his economic policies. Regardless of how bad the recession is, Obamanomics has produced the worst recovery in the post-World War II period, as the data from the Minneapolis Federal Reserve shows (see update below):

Conservatives ran out of patience a long time ago with the “I inherited a bad economy” excuse, but it’s not just conservatives who find themselves tired of Obama’s pat response. Robert Reich scolded Obama yesterday on the pages of the Huffington Post, writing that the excuse is “wearing thin” and that this is Obama’s economy:
Unemployment for June is stuck at 8.2 percent, the same as in May. And only 80,000 new jobs were added.

Remember, 125,000 news jobs are needed just to keep up with the increase in the population of Americans who need jobs. That means the jobs situation continues to worsen.

The average of 75,000 new jobs created in April, May and June contrasts sharply with the 226,000 new jobs created in January, February and March.

In Ohio yesterday, Obama reiterated that he had inherited the worst economy since the Great Depression. That’s true. But the excuse is wearing thin. It’s his economy now, and most voters don’t care what he inherited.

the rest and chart at
Stop with the “I inherited a bad economy” excuse, says … « Hot Air

Obama hasn't taken responsibility for anything yet.......

Are we supposed to believe that he is perfect and he has made no mistakes???

The guy is an arrogant clown.....

Except for killing bin Laden....

I've never seen him wearing one of these:

1_48494bd0bd38a49febed121117921a92.jpg

I see it as two-fold. He is doing the best he can, as are the people who want him to fail.

This want him to Fail line is getting old. Most of us would love to see Obama succeed but not if by Succeeding you mean getting everything he wants in his Agenda.

Are you telling me Democrats did not want to see most of Bushes Ideas Fail?

Man, if Obama saw the light and did what needed to be done to create massive Private sector Job growth, which is what we need, I would not want him to fail. lol

But he wont, he is a Committed Keynesian On Economics, and A socialist in so much as he had massively expanded the size, and Scope of Government. Even if that last Label does not fit Perfectly.

So, Yes I want him to fail, Fail in implementing his agenda and further Expanding the Government, and Tossing More Billions down the Rabbit Hole of Keynesian stimulus

Last edited:

First stop acting like the opposing party wanting the sitting President to fail is something that just started in 2010 you can trace that all the way back to the beginning of politics.

Romney will do a lot of damage really according to who you the Democratic party? While that may be your opinion and your entitled to it it's no more of a fact than when people from the right make claims about all the damage Obama has done.I'm sure I don't need to remind you the whole anybody but trend started or at least became popular again in 2004 with the Democrats anybody but Bush mantra. Good grief already setting up the election was stolen excuse if the people should dare to go against the great Obama I don't know if that is sad, pathetic, or both.

Forum List

Back