Stop Insulting God

If I make it to heaven, I would be a bit startled to see Hitler there.

OR any number of other mass murdering scumbags.

Hitler is in hell. There was a prayer intercessor who saw him there. I'll look it up for you. You don't have to worry about seeing him in heaven. He's not there. I believe there was a time and a point in which the Holy Spirit was possibly dealing with Hitler to come to Jesus but he rejected him. Perhaps when he was a boy - or even later. But there after that time there was no chance of his salvation and the judgment had been set. We cannot come to God "when we feel like it" we must come when we are being drawn. I remember some time ago the Holy Spirit telling me to warn this Muslim guy that he needed to come to Jesus because he had before made a comment about knowing he could repent on his death bed and ask for Christ's forgiveness and that would be good enough. The Lord was very clear in wanting him warned that in his case that would not be happening and if he didn't repent and come when he was called he should not expect to do it on his death bed.

That does not mean that others have not been saved on their death beds. Many have. But for this man - he thought he could outsmart God and so I felt compelled by the Holy Spirit to warn him that would not be the case for him.

When you say, "We cannot come to God "when we feel like it" we must come when we are being drawn.". Is that official doctrine?

And why would the holy spirit give up on someone?

Also. The Jews have had plenty of warning that Jesus is real. In fact, it was in front of them that he performed his miracles. Do Jews get a pass or are they all burning in hell?

Muslims aren't muslims for the fun of it and secretly they believe Jesus is god and not Allah. Your muslim friend thinks he's right just as much as you think you are right. I believe he was making fun of you and your religion.

And if your religion were so obvious, why are their so many different versions of Christians? Why are their Mormons and why didn't the Jews and Muslims convert? Instead the Jews stuck with their original story and the Muslims made their own up. You don't like their story as much as you like your story? Maybe you'd be different if you grew up hearing their stories.

If I make it to heaven, I would be a bit startled to see Hitler there.

OR any number of other mass murdering scumbags.

Hitler is in hell. There was a prayer intercessor who saw him there. I'll look it up for you. You don't have to worry about seeing him in heaven. He's not there. I believe there was a time and a point in which the Holy Spirit was possibly dealing with Hitler to come to Jesus but he rejected him. Perhaps when he was a boy - or even later. But there after that time there was no chance of his salvation and the judgment had been set. We cannot come to God "when we feel like it" we must come when we are being drawn. I remember some time ago the Holy Spirit telling me to warn this Muslim guy that he needed to come to Jesus because he had before made a comment about knowing he could repent on his death bed and ask for Christ's forgiveness and that would be good enough. The Lord was very clear in wanting him warned that in his case that would not be happening and if he didn't repent and come when he was called he should not expect to do it on his death bed.

That does not mean that others have not been saved on their death beds. Many have. But for this man - he thought he could outsmart God and so I felt compelled by the Holy Spirit to warn him that would not be the case for him.

When you say, "We cannot come to God "when we feel like it" we must come when we are being drawn.". Is that official doctrine?

And why would the holy spirit give up on someone?

Also. The Jews have had plenty of warning that Jesus is real. In fact, it was in front of them that he performed his miracles. Do Jews get a pass or are they all burning in hell?

Muslims aren't muslims for the fun of it and secretly they believe Jesus is god and not Allah. Your muslim friend thinks he's right just as much as you think you are right. I believe he was making fun of you and your religion.

And if your religion were so obvious, why are their so many different versions of Christians? Why are their Mormons and why didn't the Jews and Muslims convert? Instead the Jews stuck with their original story and the Muslims made their own up. You don't like their story as much as you like your story? Maybe you'd be different if you grew up hearing their stories.

"Maybe you'd be different if you grew up hearing their stories."

Sure would. That's why religion for the overwhelming majority of people is nothing more than simply unquestioning acceptance of the dominant religion in their geographic location.

Why does anybody post anything more than mocking him on Muslim 75's threads?

He doesn't discuss anything. He made only two posts and they are just preaching.

There are only two reasons to preach, one is to spread the word, the other is to provoke people. The difference is easy to see by who somebody is preaching at. Clearly this is the latter because most people here are Christian.

I am divinely inspired to say that I don't "know" what to "believe."

My view is that I believe in God but I don't believe that God believes in religion.

I also suspect that God detests Islam. He's probably fine with most Muslims. But the "faith" taught by the insane violent bigoted pedophile, Mohammud (piss on him), is simply an affront to and an insult to God.

Why do you believe in god? Because you can't imagine any other way? Because you want to believe you are special? Do you believe god ever visited and talked to anyone on earth?

If you don't believe in any of the organized religions, why do you believe there is a god? And do you believe good people go to heaven and bad people burn in hell?

And even if something did created earth, our solar system, our galaxy and the universe, why would you think it cares about humans? This is nothing more than wishful thinking. Does it care about ants and birds too?

Want humans to live forever? Lets build a space ship so humans can get out of this galaxy before it explodes. We have about 1 million years. We'd probably already be half way to Alpha Centauri or Proxima Centauri if it weren't for religions.

What starts off as a reasonable question quickly derails into a litany of dopey questions premised on your own shallow thinking.

I believe in God because it seems to me (notice, I am not talking about proof) that there is a whole lot of order in the universe beyond what I would expect if there had not been some incredible intelligence going into its creation. I am very well aware of the fact that the entire universe could have winked into existence without a creator -- just as a God could have come to exist without a higher order of creator.

So, it boils down to an "either / or." I default to the belief in a Creator because of my perception that there seems to be an amazing amount of "law" inherent in the universe that suggests that it all stems from a creative conscious thinking plan.

The other oddity of your series of questions is that you seem to presume that I ever said, suggested or implied that God shows any degree of "caring" for us. He might. OR He might not. I again don't know. Never said I did know.

Science completely understands all the reasons why people choose to believe in god.

On the contrary, science cannot POSSIBLY understand why God draws people to Himself.

That is true. Science can not explain the love of God. It surpasses all understanding. No one is exempt from being the object of God's love. God loved us while we were yet sinners. A person may die for a good person - someone they find worthy of that ultimate sacrifice but no one would lay down their life for a world full of sinners as Jesus did.

Judgement and punishment is God's, not ours. True worship cannot be forced by anyone but God Himself.

Which God? :dunno:
There is only one God, Joe. His name is Jesus Christ. Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Please watch the video I put up. The LORD wants you to see it so that you will know He is the LORD and hell is a real place.

God is not a she. But I agree that God is far greater than the stories told about Him. He is too great to put into words! Did you watch that video yet? Please watch it. It's got important information, Joe!

That's the beauty of God NOT picking a religion - He/She/It can be anything that we need Her/Him/It to be for us as individuals.

Possibilities!! :beer:

That's the beauty of God NOT picking a religion - He/She/It can be anything that we need Her/Him/It to be for us as individuals.

A God who's a figment of my imagination is no use to me or anyone.

And both man and woman are created in God's image, both are expressions of who he is. Though usually refered to in masculine pronouns, God is in fact neither male nor female.

Or he's both.

I am divinely inspired to say that I don't "know" what to "believe."

My view is that I believe in God but I don't believe that God believes in religion.

I also suspect that God detests Islam. He's probably fine with most Muslims. But the "faith" taught by the insane violent bigoted pedophile, Mohammud (piss on him), is simply an affront to and an insult to God.

Why do you believe in god? Because you can't imagine any other way? Because you want to believe you are special? Do you believe god ever visited and talked to anyone on earth?

If you don't believe in any of the organized religions, why do you believe there is a god? And do you believe good people go to heaven and bad people burn in hell?

And even if something did created earth, our solar system, our galaxy and the universe, why would you think it cares about humans? This is nothing more than wishful thinking. Does it care about ants and birds too?

Want humans to live forever? Lets build a space ship so humans can get out of this galaxy before it explodes. We have about 1 million years. We'd probably already be half way to Alpha Centauri or Proxima Centauri if it weren't for religions.

What starts off as a reasonable question quickly derails into a litany of dopey questions premised on your own shallow thinking.

I believe in God because it seems to me (notice, I am not talking about proof) that there is a whole lot of order in the universe beyond what I would expect if there had not been some incredible intelligence going into its creation. I am very well aware of the fact that the entire universe could have winked into existence without a creator -- just as a God could have come to exist without a higher order of creator.

So, it boils down to an "either / or." I default to the belief in a Creator because of my perception that there seems to be an amazing amount of "law" inherent in the universe that suggests that it all stems from a creative conscious thinking plan.

The other oddity of your series of questions is that you seem to presume that I ever said, suggested or implied that God shows any degree of "caring" for us. He might. OR He might not. I again don't know. Never said I did know.

Science completely understands all the reasons why people choose to believe in god.

On the contrary, science cannot POSSIBLY understand why God draws people to Himself.

That is true. Science can not explain the love of God. It surpasses all understanding. No one is exempt from being the object of God's love. God loved us while we were yet sinners. A person may die for a good person - someone they find worthy of that ultimate sacrifice but no one would lay down their life for a world full of sinners as Jesus did.
What about all the American soldiers who fight and die for us? And what sacrifice did God make really? He's god remember?

God is not a she. But I agree that God is far greater than the stories told about Him. He is too great to put into words! Did you watch that video yet? Please watch it. It's got important information, Joe!

Have you watched the Cosmos yet? Because the universe is too big to put into words. And it is arrogant wishful thinking to believe in this universe and in our very brief time on this planet that we are special. Wishful thinking. The more we learn the more we realize just how insignificant we really are. Trilobite's and dinosaurs were on this planet for millions of years before us and we've only been around for hundreds of thousands of years. God doesn't give with reality. If were going to evolve and improve we need to grow up.

A God who's a figment of my imagination is also no harm to me or anyone.

:wink_2: At least in theory.

AVG Opinion: Human deviation from theory, for better or for weird, is evidence that if God is, It/She/He is not terribly concerned with the details of human history.

`

And both man and woman are created in God's image, both are expressions of who he is. Though usually refered to in masculine pronouns, God is in fact neither male nor female.

Or he's both.

Sure it is. It makes you feel special or better about yourself. And the ancient Greeks believed the gods made us in their image too. But no ugly or fat gods.

What about all the American soldiers who fight and die for us? And what sacrifice did God make really? He's god remember?

AVG Opinion: Human deviation from theory, for better or for weird, is evidence that if God is, It/She/He is not terribly concerned with the details of human history.

True Story! :thup:

Judgement and punishment is God's, not ours. True worship cannot be forced by anyone but God Himself.

Wrong, the spirit world teaches we are our own judges, because as we continue to evolve we will suffer grief at what we have done in past lives, and we will voluntarily submit to karma that will cleanse our souls. But it does not have to be harsh as we can decide to devote ourselves to working for the ultimate good, and this will eventually settle our karmic debts.

Yes, you do judge yourself, but God does not empower you to pass judgement on others.

And yet he has and does call judges

Forum List

Back