Stop Insulting God

That's the beauty of God NOT picking a religion - He/She/It can be anything that we need Her/Him/It to be for us as individuals.

Possibilities!! :beer:
A God who's a figment of my imagination is no use to me or anyone.

And both man and woman are created in God's image, both are expressions of who he is. Though usually refered to in masculine pronouns, God is in fact neither male nor female.

Or he's both.

Way off, Michael. Gen. 1:26 refers to our being created as a trichotomy - spirit, soul and body. Not sex as in male or female. Mary is not a deity to be worshiped. She was a sinner saved by grace and can't forgive a grape much less a human - only Jesus Christ can do that because Jesus Christ is God.

John 1:1 clearly states that the Word is God. John 1:14 clearly states that the Word is Jesus Christ. It is also clear Jesus is eternal - existed long, long before Mary was a twinkle in her mothers eye. Furthermore, does Jesus Christ look like a woman to you?

Stop being meshugenah and read a King James Bible for heavens sakes.

That's the beauty of God NOT picking a religion - He/She/It can be anything that we need Her/Him/It to be for us as individuals.

In other words you've dreamt up a God who lies to those who seek knowledge, wisdom, and truth.

I'd rather believe Him as He is.

Than you'd rather be right because although God has attributes of tenderness, mercy compassion.......GOD IS NOT A FEMALE! Are fathers female? Tell me that? Is a father a female or a male? Who is God to Jesus? No man comes to the FATHER except through the SON both male. God is a FATHER to the FATHERLESS and a HUSBAND to the widow. That is more scripture! is a FATHER male? Is a HUSBAND male? YES and YES!

Hello out there?

We got a Catholic calling God a woman? That must be an open door for Mary as they are already worshiping her like one.

What the heck is going on with this board??? I cannot believe what I woke up to reading this morning! Some Catholic butchering Genesis 1:26 on being created in the image of God - nobody quoting the Word of God which is truth. To straighten him out?

What a something!

Have you watched the Cosmos yet? Because the universe is too big to put into words. And it is arrogant wishful thinking to believe in this universe and in our very brief time on this planet that we are special. Wishful thinking. The more we learn the more we realize just how insignificant we really are. Trilobite's and dinosaurs were on this planet for millions of years before us and we've only been around for hundreds of thousands of years. God doesn't give with reality. If were going to evolve and improve we need to grow up.

There is nothing wrong with believing to the point of arrogance that Sentience is special. It has value and it could be scarce.

A living thing that recognizes that it's a living thing can be educated.

Take the keys and fly, Monkeys. Just take the fucking keys.... So close.....
How about religious ppl who don't worry about man made global climate change or pollution because their holy book didn't mention it? They don't worry about it because they think the end will come when their lord decides. Meanwhile its actually in our control.

Lol. We control the climate? I hope the people of Boston and new England know who to blame for the storms this week.

Did it occur to you that people disbelieve global warming because the evidence for it is weak at best?

The so called Christians on this thread not defending the truth of the Word of God -that God is not a woman have insulted God far more greatly than this Muslim 75 person ever could and here is the reason I know it is true. To whom much is given - much is required - whereas he does not know any better and was raised to believe what he believes - you who claim to believe Christ as your Savior - should indeed know better and should have defended HIS name. Instead? You people did nothing and let the mockers get away with it. This thread is indeed about insulting God and in the end analysis - you've outdone the Muslim! Congrats and good bye!

If a god actually existed, nothing a creation of its could say will offend it any more than a star he also made goes supernova vaporizing the solar system he also made would. :) If your deities are so petty and petulant something I say offends them, they're not deserving of being called a god in the first place.

A God who's a figment of my imagination is no use to me or anyone.

And both man and woman are created in God's image, both are expressions of who he is. Though usually refered to in masculine pronouns, God is in fact neither male nor female.

Or he's both.

Way off, Michael. Gen. 1:26 refers to our being created as a trichotomy - spirit, soul and body. Not sex as in male or female. Mary is not a deity to be worshiped. She was a sinner saved by grace and can't forgive a grape much less a human - only Jesus Christ can do that because Jesus Christ is God.

John 1:1 clearly states that the Word is God. John 1:14 clearly states that the Word is Jesus Christ. It is also clear Jesus is eternal - existed long, long before Mary was a twinkle in her mothers eye. Furthermore, does Jesus Christ look like a woman to you?

Stop being meshugenah and read a King James Bible for heavens sakes.
Ha! You're a Red Letter KJVO cultist. That surprises me not.

If a god actually existed, nothing a creation of its could say will offend it any more than a star he also made goes supernova vaporizing the solar system he also made would. :) If your deities are so petty and petulant something I say offends them, they're not deserving of being called a god in the first place.
It's a good point. The Bible says God is not mocked, the real God, that is, my God. The fake allah god of the Muslims gets deeply offended and commands his followers to kill anyone who mocks him or his pedophile prophet. A weak god indeed, I agree.

The so called Christians on this thread not defending the truth of the Word of God -that God is not a woman have insulted God far more greatly than this Muslim 75 person ever could and here is the reason I know it is true. To whom much is given - much is required - whereas he does not know any better and was raised to believe what he believes - you who claim to believe Christ as your Savior - should indeed know better and should have defended HIS name. Instead? You people did nothing and let the mockers get away with it. This thread is indeed about insulting God and in the end analysis - you've outdone the Muslim! Congrats and good bye!

God isn't a woman but nor is it a man. In jUdaism (who invented this god-person in the first place) "God" is referred to both as male and female. It's usually referred to in masculine terms simply because Hebrew has no neutral gender pronouns. Much like English today when we try and refer to transgendered people. As jewfaq.org says, "God has no gender, no genitals. God is no more male than a table is."

I am divinely inspired to say that I don't "know" what to "believe."

My view is that I believe in God but I don't believe that God believes in religion.

I also suspect that God detests Islam. He's probably fine with most Muslims. But the "faith" taught by the insane violent bigoted pedophile, Mohammud (piss on him), is simply an affront to and an insult to God.

Why do you believe in god? Because you can't imagine any other way? Because you want to believe you are special? Do you believe god ever visited and talked to anyone on earth?

If you don't believe in any of the organized religions, why do you believe there is a god? And do you believe good people go to heaven and bad people burn in hell?

And even if something did created earth, our solar system, our galaxy and the universe, why would you think it cares about humans? This is nothing more than wishful thinking. Does it care about ants and birds too?

Want humans to live forever? Lets build a space ship so humans can get out of this galaxy before it explodes. We have about 1 million years. We'd probably already be half way to Alpha Centauri or Proxima Centauri if it weren't for religions.

What starts off as a reasonable question quickly derails into a litany of dopey questions premised on your own shallow thinking.

I believe in God because it seems to me (notice, I am not talking about proof) that there is a whole lot of order in the universe beyond what I would expect if there had not been some incredible intelligence going into its creation. I am very well aware of the fact that the entire universe could have winked into existence without a creator -- just as a God could have come to exist without a higher order of creator.

So, it boils down to an "either / or." I default to the belief in a Creator because of my perception that there seems to be an amazing amount of "law" inherent in the universe that suggests that it all stems from a creative conscious thinking plan.

The other oddity of your series of questions is that you seem to presume that I ever said, suggested or implied that God shows any degree of "caring" for us. He might. OR He might not. I again don't know. Never said I did know.

Science completely understands all the reasons why people choose to believe in god.

On the contrary, science cannot POSSIBLY understand why God draws people to Himself.

The universe is extremely hostile to life. Extinction level events have nearly eliminated complex life on Earth on five separate occasions. Of all the species that have ever lived 99.9% are now extinct. Furthermore, normal matter like stars and planets occupy less than 0.0000000000000000000042 percent of the observable universe. Life constitutes an even smaller fraction of that matter again. If the universe is fine-tuned for anything it is for the creation of black holes and empty space.

There is nothing to suggest that human life, our planet or our universe are uniquely privileged nor intended. On the contrary, the sheer scale of the universe in both space and time and our understanding of its development indicate we are non-central to the scheme of things; mere products of chance, physical laws and evolution. To believe otherwise amounts to an argument from incredulity and a hubris mix of anthropocentrism and god of the gaps thinking.

The conditions that we observe, namely, those around our Sun and on Earth, simply seem fine-tuned to us because we evolved to suit them. We cannot prove that all other possible forms of life would be infeasible with a different set of conditions or constants because the only universe that we can observe is the one we occupy. Indeed, modelling suggests star formation (a necessary precursor to our form of biology) may be viable under a number of different universal conditions.

Without actual proof of creation, naturalistic explanations for the properties of this universe cannot be wholly ruled out. It is possible an infinity of universes exist, all with different conditions and forms of life. The fact that our particular universe has the physical constants we observe may be no more to the point than the fact a hand of cards, dealt from a shuffled deck, is the one a hypothetical player holds. Though the chances of any one universe being hospitable to life might be low, the conditional probability of a form of life observing a set of constants suitable to it is exactly unity. That is to say, every possible universe would ‘appear’ fine-tuned to the form of life it harbors, while all those inhospitable universes would never be observed by life at all.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with why God chooses to call people to Himself. That IS what we were talking about, right?

Very notion a god would care what any of us say is laughably absurd. Be like saying I care what ants on the other side of the planet think of me. :)

If I make it to heaven, I would be a bit startled to see Hitler there.

OR any number of other mass murdering scumbags.

Hitler is not in any kind of heaven. In the after life he probably found himself in the lower planes that are dark and bleak. He would spend as much time there remembering what he did in life until such time as he regretted his actions. At that time he might be allowed to reincarnate to face karmic debts, These debts are so enormous as to
be crushing for his soul, as it is hard to see how he can ever pay for all the suffering he is responsible for.
He must account for every action and its reaction for as many lives as it takes to resolve his karma. Such is the forbidding nature of Hitler's hell.

That Muhammed (piss be upon him) borrowed heavily from Judaism and Christianity is an historical fact. Hell was a novel idea, more fully developed than the primitive Greek notions of afterlife torment in remuneration for an ill spent life. The pedophile prophet referenced Christian hell repeatedly, among other things.

Muhummad has no original ideas----- he had Arabian
depravity and he shoehorned the just the "story lines" of both the OT and the NT to fit into his depraved agenda
Just a 7th century Joseph Smith, except for the addition of war, killing, raping little girls, and commanding all his followers in every generation to do the same.

Mohammad saw Jesus Christ and went to his grave testifying that Jesus is the Son of God who rose from the grave?
Muhammed (piss be upon him) invented a religion by borrowing heavily from a real religion, just like Joseph Smith. That's where the similarities end.
Christianity stole stories from the Greek gods Babylon Egyptian. What makes you believe your religion is real when the 999 before were all made up?

Similarities do not prove relation.

God is not a she. But I agree that God is far greater than the stories told about Him. He is too great to put into words! Did you watch that video yet? Please watch it. It's got important information, Joe!

Have you watched the Cosmos yet? Because the universe is too big to put into words. And it is arrogant wishful thinking to believe in this universe and in our very brief time on this planet that we are special. Wishful thinking. The more we learn the more we realize just how insignificant we really are. Trilobite's and dinosaurs were on this planet for millions of years before us and we've only been around for hundreds of thousands of years. God doesn't give with reality. If were going to evolve and improve we need to grow up.

In my philosophy it is the immortal spirit that evolves, and the body follows on. The dinosaurs did not die out, they evolved into birds.

God isn't a woman but nor is it a man. In jUdaism (who invented this god-person in the first place) "God" is referred to both as male and female. It's usually referred to in masculine terms simply because Hebrew has no neutral gender pronouns. Much like English today when we try and refer to transgendered people. As jewfaq.org says, "God has no gender, no genitals. God is no more male than a table is."
Oh no, you did it now. Manifest Destiny is going to get his red letter KJV out and browbeat you into submission. Better you should apologize and recant now before the words start flying.

God is not a she. But I agree that God is far greater than the stories told about Him. He is too great to put into words! Did you watch that video yet? Please watch it. It's got important information, Joe!

In my philosophy it is the immortal spirit that evolves, and the body follows on. The dinosaurs did not die out, they evolved into birds.
"It is appointed once for man to die, then to the judgment". Hebrews 9:27. I respectfully disagree.

Oh no, you did it now. Manifest Destiny is going to get his red letter KJV out and browbeat you into submission. Better you should apologize and recant now before the words start flying.

KJV? YOU mean the Bible a flamingly gay King comissioned? Why do people use that among the gazillions of others? :) Just a tweaked version of the previous Catholic Bishop's Bible.

KJV was compiled in 1611. How authentic or original can it possibly be?

In other words you've dreamt up a God who lies to those who seek knowledge, wisdom, and truth.

I'd rather believe Him as He is.

I'd rather believe in science. Want to survive a disease or one day escape this solar system? Believe in science. God doesn't exist so the entire premise is an assault on knowledge and wisdom.

We will always debate if a god exists but our organized religions eventually will fade the same way the Egypt Greek and Babylonian gods lost popularity. We are still so very primitive.

We will always debate if a god exists but our organized religions eventually will fade the same way the Egypt Greek and Babylonian gods lost popularity. We are still so very primitive.

Yes our religions will fade, to be replaced by a far greater vision of God.

There is nothing wrong with believing to the point of arrogance that Sentience is special. It has value and it could be scarce.

A living thing that recognizes that it's a living thing can be educated.

Take the keys and fly, Monkeys. Just take the fucking keys.... So close.....
How about religious ppl who don't worry about man made global climate change or pollution because their holy book didn't mention it? They don't worry about it because they think the end will come when their lord decides. Meanwhile its actually in our control.

Lol. We control the climate? I hope the people of Boston and new England know who to blame for the storms this week.

Did it occur to you that people disbelieve global warming because the evidence for it is weak at best?

It is? Ask NASA if that's true.

Why do you believe in god then when the evidence is even weaker? I'll tell you why. Because you believe what you want. Facts be damned

Forum List

Back