son has gun fever....

I guess the reason I am still asking "Why" is that it would seem that it is politically motivated. Some one wanted to remove the discussion of guns from USMB. If that is not the reason, why would no one give a legitimate reason.

Pending an eventual answer, I could rethink my time here.

I guess the reason I am still asking "Why" is that it would seem that it is politically motivated. Some one wanted to remove the discussion of guns from USMB. If that is not the reason, why would no one give a legitimate reason.

Pending an eventual answer, I could rethink my time here.
Obviously guns will continue to be discussed, this thread is evidence of that.

wtf? the garage? why did they trash the guns forum? did anyone really get an answer other than its not coming back?

last night was a bad night....lost our thor....son came over...dug grave and drank bottle of bourbon....during the evening he mentions a new pistol ...going you will never guess what i got.....i guessed a new 1911....which really pissed him off...then he goes 'what model' ...i had no clue..then he reveals its a custom gun...i am like what the fuck is a custom gun..then he revealed the price.....omg....so i said.....o a custom gun is when you get a sucker willing to pay that much so you throw together some parts....the fight was on....

so the gun fever is reaching the mercy killing point.....i may just have to put him outta his misery....and yes i am pissed off...lots of yelling....you did what...and what is odd was i had just mentioned i needed to call his stock broker and see what the hell was going on...no need to do that now...

i wonder if he thinks i will be so distracted by the death of my thor that i wont notice this announcement.....o hell no.....i am waiting till i can call his hung over ass and begin to gnaw on him....like a pit bull.....i am in total shock that he did this....total shock and he keeps going..."you will love it when you see it"

please tell me this will end.....omg and then he even has his plus one telling me its an 'investment' .....
Can’t say for sure it will end – it’s an enthralling avocation; and of course I can’t be objective because I’m a gun nut myself, 1911s in particular.

wtf? the garage? why did they trash the guns forum? did anyone really get an answer other than its not coming back?

last night was a bad night....lost our thor....son came over...dug grave and drank bottle of bourbon....during the evening he mentions a new pistol ...going you will never guess what i got.....i guessed a new 1911....which really pissed him off...then he goes 'what model' ...i had no clue..then he reveals its a custom gun...i am like what the fuck is a custom gun..then he revealed the price.....omg....so i said.....o a custom gun is when you get a sucker willing to pay that much so you throw together some parts....the fight was on....

so the gun fever is reaching the mercy killing point.....i may just have to put him outta his misery....and yes i am pissed off...lots of yelling....you did what...and what is odd was i had just mentioned i needed to call his stock broker and see what the hell was going on...no need to do that now...

i wonder if he thinks i will be so distracted by the death of my thor that i wont notice this announcement.....o hell no.....i am waiting till i can call his hung over ass and begin to gnaw on him....like a pit bull.....i am in total shock that he did this....total shock and he keeps going..."you will love it when you see it"

please tell me this will end.....omg and then he even has his plus one telling me its an 'investment' .....
Can’t say for sure it will end – it’s an enthralling avocation; and of course I can’t be objective because I’m a gun nut myself, 1911s in particular.

If it had been all crazies plotting the overthrow of the free world I could understand. But, for the most part, it was a civil place to talk about a popular hobby.

It still is. It's just not a labeled forum any more. No threads were trashed, the guns forum and the automotive forums were simply combined into a forum labeled 'other'.

It possibly has more to do with other, more specialized forums dealing with both subjects that the owners also own getting crossed in searches.

Either that or Google, the entity that pays for it all through their advertising had some sort of objection. Of course, it could also be that the software only allows a certain number of forums and combining the two under 'other' was better than picking one to be eliminated.

:dunno:

And I see now that the label of the forum has been changed to 'Garage'.

I prefer to keep my guns and amo in my hobby room, but I don't really have a garage.

That's right, I said "guns", as in more than one. Between the two of us, AVG-Wife and I now have 5 pistols and are looking forward to shopping for a long-gun or two.

Forum List

Back