son has gun fever....

... Yes, as a 'yankee' ...

Without straying too far off topic ... I thought the same thing Bones did when I read your previous post.
I mean a little under half the firearms I own are family heirlooms that will never be in the possession of anyone else until I die.

Plus ... I personally wouldn't sell a firearm for any reason ... The ones I own have their own purposes and do the job I want them to.
I just don't have a problem with needing space or being able to afford my collection.

The "fever" is something different though ... And I hate to see people get wrapped up in it.

he will have the fever for a while.....he has got him a woman and all that that implies.....they live out in the middle of no where....on the county lines...so dispatch fusses about who to call...

de you may not get this......we are rural....help is on the way....give it 10 to 20 minutes....

Lolz ... Yeah, here in the sticks ... 911 is someone you call after the shit goes down, tell to bring the meat-wagon and wake up the coroner .

I wouldn't buy him a piece but I would buy him a membership at the gun club so he can network and play in relative safety.

kg he can shoot at his place....he has no desire to buy a house....he has just started to settle down...and he already has the money for a down payment....he has managed to do that..just never found the house...you have to understand 150 k is considered a starter home here....

He's mentally defective if he wants a Judge, for a fact.

He already has a CCW pistol. If he wants a Judge, it is what he wants. I know a couple of people with them that like them.

No, they are not a suppressed AR with a .22lr conversion and luminous sights. But then, that is not the purpose of the Judge.

he needs new tires and to pay me back first......i was afraid there was no cure......the worse part.....rifles and shot guns i would roll with.....lol....i understand that...wanting a nice ass shot gun....or an exceptional rifle...it really is the way we are raised...isnt it.....i just dont get the pistol fever....

I'm like you, long guns are my thing...but, to each their own.

I bought the rifle version of the Judge a few weeks ago and have been nothing but happy with it. I think a Taurus Judge with some PDX1 Personal Defense shells, 000 buck loads or 255 grain 45 Colt would make a perfect self defense gun for the home.

I met up with some friends at the range, and they all poo-poo'd my Circuit Judge...until they shot it.

Now they want one.

Can you kick the bug? I haven't. I'll buy one and tell the wife "I can't think of anything else I need after this." and she says "Until you find the next one you really need". (A Rock Island 22TCM...shhh :eusa_shhh::eusa_shifty:)

P.S. - Bud's has the Judge that won't accept 3" 410 for $360 shipped to your FFL, and 90 day layaway.

Taurus 2-441041T Judge 5RD 2.5 410ga 45LC 4 EXCLUSIVE 359.00 SHIPS FREE

My local gun shop does transfers for $20, and my preferred shop in the city offers free transfers.

Good luck.

Last edited:
ahhh he calls last night and ask if i had given any more consideration to helping him buy the gun.....kicking in some cash ....i told him i would give him cash for his birthday if that is what he wants....then i said he had 'gun fever' and he got upset...said he will not use the cash for a gun if i do not approve....i am like what the hell....i dont remember approving the first gun...

thanks for the link...i will give it to him....i swear i had forgotten what a brat he can be...watching a 32 yr old dissolve into a 3 yr old

i know what it is....i have seen it before and i know the results....that conceal carry is burning a hole in his pocket..it does seem....

so a few weeks ago he mentions that perhaps i could chip in on a taurus judge...i told him no...not gonna happen....so last night his g/f texts me and asks if i want to go in with her on the gun....i said no...and told her to stop letting him guilt her....with it is the only thing he wants and that 500 bucks is way too much for anyones birthday gift....she mentions he needs it for home defense....the poor girl has no clue about weapons etc.....i tell her he has a pistol, two shot guns and a rifle...what he needs is adt...now keep in mind last time he was with me...he mentioned wanting his 30/30...i told him to get it and take it...thus adding to his collection....

my rant...how do i stop the gun fever....i feel like now....giving him the entire collection will not help....my father was never into hand guns that much.....so its all rifles and shot guns...and he suddenly has a hard on for pistols....

all suggestions are welcome....
How old is he? I think it's good that you encourage him to control himself, to not be impulsive with spending, but why should he stop enjoying a hobby? I think you should stand your ground but allow him his obsession, if that's what it is, for now. If you try to stifle it I think that will prolong the problem and maybe make it otherwise worse.

Nothing wrong with making him buy it himself. After he pays you back and as long as he's paying the bills.

If he shows those responsibilities, he should be able to be responsible with his guns no matter how many he has.

I don't have an opinion about my boys and their guns. And when I have horses, I expect them to not have an opinion. It works out for both of us. We're all adults.

well they came over last night....he owes me zip at this point...and then says something about going to charlotte....he is going down to buy another pistol....and when i said...o that makes three...he got that look of .....well that look kids get when they are busting out a lie....he agreed it would make 3....i now wonder just how many pistols he has?

well they came over last night....he owes me zip at this point...and then says something about going to charlotte....he is going down to buy another pistol....and when i said...o that makes three...he got that look of .....well that look kids get when they are busting out a lie....he agreed it would make 3....i now wonder just how many pistols he has?
It's none of your business. You will push him away by trying to be his oberfurer.

Forum List

Back