So what I dont believe in God?

I believe that any possibility of entering into the presence of God hinges on coming to a saving knowledge of His LOVE.
Why?

People who do not believe in God place faith in something else.
Nonsense. I don't.

This maybe mom or dad, the police, a friend, a lover, a company, or a government --- perhaps even an ideal or one's self.
Nope.

But such a person becomes the victim of control, manipulation, and discouragement upon finding out just how imperfect such temporal things are.
Reality beats superstition every time.

I don't hate you I don't think you're evil you have to realize that I think you're the ones being lied to I think you're the ones who are brainwashed I feel sorry for you I wish you would wake up I'm trying to help you so remember I'm not attacking you I'm attacking the organization that has you under mind control
lol.....so, your father is religious.......you think he's brainwashed, believes lies, needs waking up and is under mind control.....but you don't disrespect him..........
science tells us to question the stories of the Ancients question authority question your elders. you might call that disrespect but I think it would be absolutely ignorant to not question our elders. think about how much more we know now that we did 500 years ago. Now think what we will know 500 years from now that we don't know right now. seems like you don't like the scientific method
lol..nice dodge......questioning your elders is NOT saying he's brainwashed, believes lies, needs waking up and is under mind control......and we've demonstrated in previous discussions that I understand the scientific method far better than you do.......you still haven't admitted that experimentation is one of the requirements......you've replaced it with hope.......
oh we've demonstrated in previous discussions that you understand the scientific method far better than I do wow I didn't know that. I have not replaced one believe with hope. I actually hope there's a heaven who wouldn't? that's the whole point it's wishful thinking. what happened is after very very very much research thought discussion and research I have come to the conclusion but the entire premise of a god is a myth. there is no God. the only people have the slightest argument are the ones who were very vague about what this creator is and even they admit the organized religions are full of s*** so it really comes down to this if you believe something made us and its hiding or you don't believe in intelligent design or something that purposely created you cares is all powerful all knowing and then there's everybody else in between who's got their own spin on what this god is. it's simply a product of a very primitive young amateur superstitious naive gullible species on one planet. clueless

I believe that any possibility of entering into the presence of God hinges on coming to a saving knowledge of His LOVE. People who do not believe in God place faith in something else. This maybe mom or dad, the police, a friend, a lover, a company, or a government --- perhaps even an ideal or one's self. But such a person becomes the victim of control, manipulation, and discouragement upon finding out just how imperfect such temporal things are.
I don't put faith in anything any more than you do the only difference between you and me is you put faith in some imaginary invisible man who created you because you cared about you but didn't care about all of the children your parents didn't have in the god knows how many years they were together so this is just arrogance for you to think all this about yourself either that or it's wishful thinking with a little sprinkling of brainwashing from your parents in your church and your whole society from the time you were born to now. trust me I feel it too I was just smart enough to overcome it. I don't understand why you have to have faith in anything you were lucky enough to be born. maybe we'll even be lucky enough to live a long healthy happy life. better than it takes and chicken that is about your plate that animals life was very brief is very painful and there was no pleasure in it. there are some humans we don't have a very happy full life. its all luck. if anything what we see from the cosmos the universe our solar system our galaxy is that there is no caring the cosmos does not care what you care about here on earth. there is no God playing watchmaker. the Sun is going to explode one day volcano might erupt meteor might hit or we might die from some horrible disease all of us. will humans still be so superstitious that they think it was a guys doing? I don't know sometimes I think all the bad things happening in Texas are because of George W Bush

oh we've demonstrated in previous discussions that you understand the scientific method far better than I do
yes.....

I have not replaced one believe with hope.
you have replaced experimentation in the scientific method with hope.......you claim things are theories because you hope that science will someday be able to prove them......

I have come to the conclusion but the entire premise of a god is a myth. there is no God.
believing in something in the absence of proof is called faith.......

oh we've demonstrated in previous discussions that you understand the scientific method far better than I do
yes.....

you have replaced experimentation in the scientific method with hope.......you claim things are theories because you hope that science will someday be able to prove them......

I have come to the conclusion but the entire premise of a god is a myth. there is no God.
No. Faith is the conviction of unqualified certainty in the of the reality of some thing for which no support in evidence, or valid logic, has been established. Furthermore, faith is validated by the denial of verifiable evidence and valid logic; the resolute strength of that denial is the "validating" quality of faith.

Outside of math perhaps, there's no such thing as "proof." You can't "prove" the sun will rise tomorrow.

Requiring "proof" to eliminate faith renders all belief faith. I'm sure you don't mean to do that.

yes.....

No. Faith is the conviction of unqualified certainty in the of the reality of some thing for which no support in evidence, or valid logic, has been established. Furthermore, faith is validated by the denial of verifiable evidence and valid logic; the resolute strength of that denial is the "validating" quality of faith.

Outside of math perhaps, there's no such thing as "proof." You can't "prove" the sun will rise tomorrow.

Requiring "proof" to eliminate faith renders all belief faith. I'm sure you don't mean to do that.

Seriously, what does it matter if someone believes in God? I've been talking to many theists who dont believe in hell or they say their religion doesnt say non believers go to hell so who cares if people dont believe? Especially if they are good people.

I believe this threat of hell is key to recruiting members. Even my theist buddy who doesnt believe in hell said to me "you just gotta believe". Why?

Do you really think the Son of God came to earth to suffer and die for nothing?

If all paths lead to God, then Jesus coming to earth to die was a waste of time.

As far as what you believe, it is key to how you live your life. What you believe dictates how you will live.

An example are those who are religious and attend church frequently. On average, they give more of their time and money to help the poor than any other demographic, and the reason they do so boils down to what they believe.
and if I wasn't on a smartphone I could show you that in every way a deus are better than religious people smarter more charitable less unplanned pregnancies poverty we are more liberal kind caring people. religious people are worried about what's going to happen to them after they die atheis worry about the planet and the human species continuing forever religious people are selfish

>>>>>>>>>>>...
"So what I dont believe in God?"

Actually there's nothing not to believe in, given the fact there is no 'god' as perceived by theists, and religion is a creation of man.

Acknowledging the fact that there is no 'god' is not a 'belief,' religion is belief, being free from faith is recognizing the truth.
and don't say it wrong we are not saying there is not a god that would be assuming we know there is no god you can't know that. to know that you have to be a god yourself and be able to be in all places at the same time as God might be hiding behind one moon while you're looking behind another son.I'm saying I don't believe there is a God. I certainly don't believe any organized religions stories of how God visited them insane typically I just don't see a creator other than something else that is whatever the universe is always is and always will be maybe not this universe but other universes will exist on the other side of black holes our universe will collapse another one will be born billions and billions of infinite time space unimaginable. and unless you're a part of an organized religion that says you have to believe or else you can't go to heaven or even worse you'll go to hell then it really doesn't matter if I believe there's a creator or not maybe there is maybe there isn't so what? is there a heaven waiting for you because you believe there is?oftentimes I find myself sad that I have to tell religious people that are following a fairytale but I think it's healthy for people to know the truth and that swallow a lie. I think the human species and the planet will be better off when we shed this ancient belief system. Maybe in the future you bored just be spiritual and believe only in a generic creator and that's okay if they want to worship it but you tell me that it's visited them for their ancient ancestors and I have to believe or else? Lol

I have a question for you Sealy...have you TRULY accepted your atheism? :laugh2:
....you are like the antichristian energizer bunny.
that's like asking a born again if they really believe as they run around asking everybody if they know where they're going to go when they die. of course I'm sure. after years of soul searching. and how refreshing it is
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Not exactly. Part of the gospel is to share it.
Atheist believe in nothing and agnostics are open to everything and nothing. Don't both groups pretty much hate proselytizing?
Not sure why you would want to imitate that.

Seriously, what does it matter if someone believes in God? I've been talking to many theists who dont believe in hell or they say their religion doesnt say non believers go to hell so who cares if people dont believe? Especially if they are good people.

I believe this threat of hell is key to recruiting members. Even my theist buddy who doesnt believe in hell said to me "you just gotta believe". Why?

If all paths lead to God, then Jesus coming to earth to die was a waste of time.

As far as what you believe, it is key to how you live your life. What you believe dictates how you will live.

An example are those who are religious and attend church frequently. On average, they give more of their time and money to help the poor than any other demographic, and the reason they do so boils down to what they believe.
and if I wasn't on a smartphone I could show you that in every way a deus are better than religious people smarter more charitable less unplanned pregnancies poverty we are more liberal kind caring people. religious people are worried about what's going to happen to them after they die atheis worry about the planet and the human species continuing forever religious people are selfish

>>>>>>>>>>>...

Actually there's nothing not to believe in, given the fact there is no 'god' as perceived by theists, and religion is a creation of man.

Acknowledging the fact that there is no 'god' is not a 'belief,' religion is belief, being free from faith is recognizing the truth.
and don't say it wrong we are not saying there is not a god that would be assuming we know there is no god you can't know that. to know that you have to be a god yourself and be able to be in all places at the same time as God might be hiding behind one moon while you're looking behind another son.I'm saying I don't believe there is a God. I certainly don't believe any organized religions stories of how God visited them insane typically I just don't see a creator other than something else that is whatever the universe is always is and always will be maybe not this universe but other universes will exist on the other side of black holes our universe will collapse another one will be born billions and billions of infinite time space unimaginable. and unless you're a part of an organized religion that says you have to believe or else you can't go to heaven or even worse you'll go to hell then it really doesn't matter if I believe there's a creator or not maybe there is maybe there isn't so what? is there a heaven waiting for you because you believe there is?oftentimes I find myself sad that I have to tell religious people that are following a fairytale but I think it's healthy for people to know the truth and that swallow a lie. I think the human species and the planet will be better off when we shed this ancient belief system. Maybe in the future you bored just be spiritual and believe only in a generic creator and that's okay if they want to worship it but you tell me that it's visited them for their ancient ancestors and I have to believe or else? Lol

I have a question for you Sealy...have you TRULY accepted your atheism? :laugh2:
that's like asking a born again if they really believe as they run around asking everybody if they know where they're going to go when they die. of course I'm sure. after years of soul searching. and how refreshing it is
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Atheist believe in nothing and agnostics are open to everything and nothing. Don't both groups pretty much hate proselytizing?
because knowing the truth no matter how uncomfortable it makes you makes me feel better

yes.....

Believing in ancient fears and superstations is called deluded.

>>>>>>>>>>>...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
in other words recruit

"If you don't believe God exists, God punishes you."

Something I've always used to justify my non-belief. I don't care if ana nt believe I exist or not. So why does God care what I believe? Sounds more like some guy cares, but can't imagine why a god would.

yes.....

Believing in ancient fears and superstations is called deluded.
I wonder how many religious people really believe. I bet the numbers a lot lower than most people think make-believe 6 out of 10 people actually believe and I bet you two of those sex could probably be convinced if they were interested in having an honest and open and thoughtful discussion but they choose to just go with cognitive dissonance ignorant bliss

Something I've always used to justify my non-belief. I don't care if ana nt believe I exist or not. So why does God care what I believe? Sounds more like some guy cares, but can't imagine why a god would.
that's my whole point so what if I don't believe? I'm sure if there is something that created this entire universe is certainly isn't worried about what I know or what I think or what I believe and it wouldn't just so happen to have only visited the three or four main religions that we all know. it would visit regularly it wouldn't come 2000 years ago and then disappear and say believe the holy books or burn in hell it's just so ridiculous. I would say I can't believe anybody still buying it but if you question religion in Saudi Arabia for example you get thrown in jail for 10 years and a thousand lashes. Christianity doesn't do that anymore at least but it did for thousands of years worst. So it isn't like religious people are open to this discussion they don't like it and that's why we can only do it here on places like usmb. hell even bloggers get killed by religious people were nuts. have you seen they did that in Bangladesh?

that's my whole point so what if I don't believe? I'm sure if there is something that created this entire universe is certainly isn't worried about what I know or what I think or what I believe and it wouldn't just so happen to have only visited the three or four main religions that we all know. it would visit regularly it wouldn't come 2000 years ago and then disappear and say believe the holy books or burn in hell it's just so ridiculous. I would say I can't believe anybody still buying it but if you question religion in Saudi Arabia for example you get thrown in jail for 10 years and a thousand lashes. Christianity doesn't do that anymore at least but it did for thousands of years worst. So it isn't like religious people are open to this discussion they don't like it and that's why we can only do it here on places like usmb. hell even bloggers get killed by religious people were nuts. have you seen they did that in Bangladesh?

By definition, any being who cares what other beings, to itself like an ant (if that much) is not only imperfect, but more like the lesser being than any superior one.

The god of the Bible cares about a lot of things a god shouldn't. Any god who cares that much about what we're doing isn't the god that created us. Comes off more as an interloper deity, if a deity at all.

Reminds me of a Star Trek: TNG episode about some planet who had a prophecy about a devil-like being named "Ardra." A con-woman learned about it, and using technology appeared to them as tris being manipulating them to do her bidding.

Maybe "God" isn't the god we're descirbing but some other god playing "God?" Would explain many things. Like why our prayers go unanswered and why there's never any overt evidence of it existing. Either it was defeated by the actual "God," or wasn't a god at all and mortal and died way back, or something more plausible like every religiona nd account of the divine was just intelligent people creating a scary story to keep people in line.

I'd be the biggest proponent for a god I believed in. God has a lot to gain convincing me. And I do look for gods. I read the account of supposed miracles, testimonials of people claiming a NDE, etc. I've yet to see anything I couldn't explain via science.

Your move God.

lol.....you mean a real, open and honest discussion with people who do nothing but call us YEC?......speech is free......that does not guarantee its worth listening to.......
What's honest about pick and choose when it comes to the various bibles / gawds in those bibles?
you are unable to comprehend choosing which deity to believe (or refuse to believe) in?.....I guess if you cannot understand honesty, its because you are a liberal..........
what would you consider radical extreme Islam Muslims would you call them liberal or conservative?
thank God there are more than two words in my vocabulary........liberal is not even the only word I use to describe YOU......there is also idiotic, childish, shallow, inept......not to mention the disrespect you show your parents.......
that is the funniest thing I have ever heard everybody who knows me says what a wonderful person I am for helping take care of my parents when my dad is taking care of my mom who has Alzheimers. He's as dumb as you no offense to my dad or you but you just can not believe that all this happened without a creator. But what proof do either of you have of this nothing? then shut it lol something I can't say to my dad
Is that why you are so pissed at God? You just have to let everyone know how you completely hate God and attack everyone who likes God as much as you possibly can?

By definition, any being who cares what other beings, to itself like an ant (if that much) is not only imperfect, but more like the lesser being than any superior one.

The god of the Bible cares about a lot of things a god shouldn't. Any god who cares that much about what we're doing isn't the god that created us. Comes off more as an interloper deity, if a deity at all.

Reminds me of a Star Trek: TNG episode about some planet who had a prophecy about a devil-like being named "Ardra." A con-woman learned about it, and using technology appeared to them as tris being manipulating them to do her bidding.

Maybe "God" isn't the god we're descirbing but some other god playing "God?" Would explain many things. Like why our prayers go unanswered and why there's never any overt evidence of it existing. Either it was defeated by the actual "God," or wasn't a god at all and mortal and died way back, or something more plausible like every religiona nd account of the divine was just intelligent people creating a scary story to keep people in line.

I'd be the biggest proponent for a god I believed in. God has a lot to gain convincing me. And I do look for gods. I read the account of supposed miracles, testimonials of people claiming a NDE, etc. I've yet to see anything I couldn't explain via science.

Your move God.
You're scare shitless God does exist so you constantly have to reassure yourself with trivial facts that you throw in everyone else's face.

Sealy doesn't identify as a pure atheist. I posted earlier on this thread or another that I don't think my brother, Sealy, has quite figured out what he is yet. That's ok. He is working his path. I think he is a Taoist at heart, but it's up to him and that's just my opinion. We will see what path brother Sealy takes. Life is a wonderful thing and people are dynamic creatures. Where Sealy is now is not where he will be in 5 years. I don't know where he will be, that's up to him, but that is the beauty of life...we grow and we change our minds
You are pretty much just confused the yourself and afraid to get caught standing in one place.

Forum List

Back