So what I dont believe in God?

I didn't ever believe that the 30 years I believed either. So then what does it matter if I believe? The only thing that matters is good and bad.

But you know that's not what christianity says. So why call yourself one?

It appears you have never read the Catholic Catechism. Just because some minor denominations preach hell and damnation to others, doesn't mean the major denominations do.
AmericanFirst says the bible says non believers go to hell. I want you theists to discuss this but you won't. Why?
heaven won't be nearly as much fun if whiners like you are there.....therefore, we are keeping it a secret.......
Why would you think that angry, self-hating zealots such as yourself will get that free pass for The 72 virgins?
You are just a really, really angry bitch. I think you have some personal damage you really should get professional help with.

Seriously, what does it matter if someone believes in God? I've been talking to many theists who dont believe in hell or they say their religion doesnt say non believers go to hell so who cares if people dont believe? Especially if they are good people.

I believe this threat of hell is key to recruiting members. Even my theist buddy who doesnt believe in hell said to me "you just gotta believe". Why?
Being atheist takes too much faith
You are a catholic muslim, and nasty to boot. And you should put some clothes on. Oh, and you live in a very repressive culture.

Seriously, what does it matter if someone believes in God? I've been talking to many theists who dont believe in hell or they say their religion doesnt say non believers go to hell so who cares if people dont believe? Especially if they are good people.

I believe this threat of hell is key to recruiting members. Even my theist buddy who doesnt believe in hell said to me "you just gotta believe". Why?
Being atheist takes too much faith
You are a catholic muslim, and nasty to boot. And you should put some clothes on. Oh, and you live in a very repressive culture.
And that goes double for Penelope.

It is not written that you will be forced, executed, nor imprisoned unless you believe in God, only that it is voluntary and within your hart. The choice is yours, but please don't try and force your corrupted selfish and narcissistic ways on me. It is after all a two way street, unless of course your a fanatic Muslim extremist, then its off with your head. So why does ones belief in God scare those fellow travelers?

Well, that is most of the nastiest of the anti-God crew. Sorry if I missed you and you really wanted some recognition. You can always post your own agenda but the anti-God crowd is not known for their honesty, or their intelligence but some things can't be helped.

"If you don't believe God exists, God punishes you."

Something I've always used to justify my non-belief. I don't care if ana nt believe I exist or not. So why does God care what I believe? Sounds more like some guy cares, but can't imagine why a god would.
that's my whole point so what if I don't believe? I'm sure if there is something that created this entire universe is certainly isn't worried about what I know or what I think or what I believe and it wouldn't just so happen to have only visited the three or four main religions that we all know. it would visit regularly it wouldn't come 2000 years ago and then disappear and say believe the holy books or burn in hell it's just so ridiculous. I would say I can't believe anybody still buying it but if you question religion in Saudi Arabia for example you get thrown in jail for 10 years and a thousand lashes. Christianity doesn't do that anymore at least but it did for thousands of years worst. So it isn't like religious people are open to this discussion they don't like it and that's why we can only do it here on places like usmb. hell even bloggers get killed by religious people were nuts. have you seen they did that in Bangladesh?

By definition, any being who cares what other beings, to itself like an ant (if that much) is not only imperfect, but more like the lesser being than any superior one.

The god of the Bible cares about a lot of things a god shouldn't. Any god who cares that much about what we're doing isn't the god that created us. Comes off more as an interloper deity, if a deity at all.

Reminds me of a Star Trek: TNG episode about some planet who had a prophecy about a devil-like being named "Ardra." A con-woman learned about it, and using technology appeared to them as tris being manipulating them to do her bidding.

Maybe "God" isn't the god we're descirbing but some other god playing "God?" Would explain many things. Like why our prayers go unanswered and why there's never any overt evidence of it existing. Either it was defeated by the actual "God," or wasn't a god at all and mortal and died way back, or something more plausible like every religiona nd account of the divine was just intelligent people creating a scary story to keep people in line.

I'd be the biggest proponent for a god I believed in. God has a lot to gain convincing me. And I do look for gods. I read the account of supposed miracles, testimonials of people claiming a NDE, etc. I've yet to see anything I couldn't explain via science.

Your move God.
there was this family and the little boy pointed to a civil war book and said that was me and said the guys name how many kids he had how many years he lived before he died everything about the man things you couldn't possibly know. this was investigated and the people who did the research took with a little boy said and uncovered this man the year he died his family is the name the kid couldn't possibly know all these thing. I watch these things I say can I write every one of these stories off as being con artist family they seem so sincere. and I really don't know what to say about things like this? I don't think those stories prove anything but they are puzzling to me an unexplainable other than that they're just lying. but would that mother and her little son really make all that up? like did they plan it out and study up on the sky somehow research into them beforehand and plan it all out and have the boy lying convincingly? Seems pretty sincere to me

What's honest about pick and choose when it comes to the various bibles / gawds in those bibles?
you are unable to comprehend choosing which deity to believe (or refuse to believe) in?.....I guess if you cannot understand honesty, its because you are a liberal..........
what would you consider radical extreme Islam Muslims would you call them liberal or conservative?
thank God there are more than two words in my vocabulary........liberal is not even the only word I use to describe YOU......there is also idiotic, childish, shallow, inept......not to mention the disrespect you show your parents.......
that is the funniest thing I have ever heard everybody who knows me says what a wonderful person I am for helping take care of my parents when my dad is taking care of my mom who has Alzheimers. He's as dumb as you no offense to my dad or you but you just can not believe that all this happened without a creator. But what proof do either of you have of this nothing? then shut it lol something I can't say to my dad
Is that why you are so pissed at God? You just have to let everyone know how you completely hate God and attack everyone who likes God as much as you possibly can?
that has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard if I'm an atheist you retard I don't believe in God so who's to hate? I hate your stupidity

Well, that is most of the nastiest of the anti-God crew. Sorry if I missed you and you really wanted some recognition. You can always post your own agenda but the anti-God crowd is not known for their honesty, or their intelligence but some things can't be helped.
your not even be honest with yourself

you are unable to comprehend choosing which deity to believe (or refuse to believe) in?.....I guess if you cannot understand honesty, its because you are a liberal..........
what would you consider radical extreme Islam Muslims would you call them liberal or conservative?
thank God there are more than two words in my vocabulary........liberal is not even the only word I use to describe YOU......there is also idiotic, childish, shallow, inept......not to mention the disrespect you show your parents.......
that is the funniest thing I have ever heard everybody who knows me says what a wonderful person I am for helping take care of my parents when my dad is taking care of my mom who has Alzheimers. He's as dumb as you no offense to my dad or you but you just can not believe that all this happened without a creator. But what proof do either of you have of this nothing? then shut it lol something I can't say to my dad
Is that why you are so pissed at God? You just have to let everyone know how you completely hate God and attack everyone who likes God as much as you possibly can?
that has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard if I'm an atheist you retard I don't believe in God so who's to hate? I hate your stupidity
You are the one with the issues. You want to try and tell me you do not have issues. People may not be able to see God but they can sure see that you have some serious issues you need to deal with, preferably in a more constructive way then on a religious forum of a message board.

Oh, and if you want to read stupid try some of your own posts.

why are you getting so angry do you want to kill me do you want to put me in jail do you want them hit me why? For your god? see why the idea of God is stupid and makes people stupid?

why are you getting so angry do you want to kill me do you want to put me in jail do you want them hit me why? For your god? see why the idea of God is stupid and makes people stupid?
Take an honest look at yourself. I think you will see what I mean.

when we were much less civilized primitive uneducated and depending on each other w
Take an honest look at yourself. I think you will see what I mean.
is this where you run out of arguments so you start trying to make it personal like why am i angry guess what? I'm not angry I truly don't believe that God exists why is it so hard for you to believe? And if you're getting your feelings hurt why are you here stead of these religious forms

I didn't ever believe that the 30 years I believed either. So then what does it matter if I believe? The only thing that matters is good and bad.

But you know that's not what christianity says. So why call yourself one?

It appears you have never read the Catholic Catechism. Just because some minor denominations preach hell and damnation to others, doesn't mean the major denominations do.
AmericanFirst says the bible says non believers go to hell. I want you theists to discuss this but you won't. Why?
heaven won't be nearly as much fun if whiners like you are there.....therefore, we are keeping it a secret.......
Why would you think that angry, self-hating zealots such as yourself will get that free pass for The 72 virgins?
You are just a really, really angry bitch. I think you have some personal damage you really should get professional help with.
Not angry at all. The fact is, it's you lovely religious zealots who are foaming at the mouth with hate. You need to reconsider your participation in these threads as you're not emotionally or intellectually prepared to accept challenges to your perceptions of the gawds.

so you guys were previously unaware of the definition of faith?........sad, isn't it.......
what is sad about it I have people in my life I love a great job my house and I have had all that for over 40 years. no faith required
what's sad about it is you are debating in a board about faith and you don't even know what it is.......

oh we've demonstrated in previous discussions that you understand the scientific method far better than I do
yes.....

I have not replaced one believe with hope.
you have replaced experimentation in the scientific method with hope.......you claim things are theories because you hope that science will someday be able to prove them......

I have come to the conclusion but the entire premise of a god is a myth. there is no God.
believing in something in the absence of proof is called faith.......
Believing in ancient fears and superstations is called deluded.
I wonder how many religious people really believe. I bet the numbers a lot lower than most people think make-believe 6 out of 10 people actually believe and I bet you two of those sex could probably be convinced if they were interested in having an honest and open and thoughtful discussion but they choose to just go with cognitive dissonance ignorant bliss
something you believe without proof?......

Not angry at all. The fact is, it's you lovely religious zealots who are foaming at the mouth with hate. You need to reconsider your participation in these threads as you're not emotionally or intellectually prepared to accept challenges to your perceptions of the gawds.
Hollie, you have something on your chin.......

Forum List

Back