So what I dont believe in God?

Seriously, what does it matter if someone believes in God? I've been talking to many theists who dont believe in hell or they say their religion doesnt say non believers go to hell so who cares if people dont believe? Especially if they are good people.

I believe this threat of hell is key to recruiting members. Even my theist buddy who doesnt believe in hell said to me "you just gotta believe". Why?
Being atheist takes too much faith
or confidence. I won't be bullied or feared into believing something that isnt possibly true

Seriously, what does it matter if someone believes in God? I've been talking to many theists who dont believe in hell or they say their religion doesnt say non believers go to hell so who cares if people dont believe? Especially if they are good people.

I believe this threat of hell is key to recruiting members. Even my theist buddy who doesnt believe in hell said to me "you just gotta believe". Why?
Being atheist takes too much faith
actually what I'm hearing from a lot of you religious people is you admit you're organized religions are made up. if that's the case and all we are talking about is did something create all this then it really doesn't matter if I believe or you don't or vice a versa. so something created on this big deal? Now if you're going to start suggesting it cares what you do that it has a heaven waiting for you and a hell waiting for your enemies well then please produce the proof of this

It appears you have never read the Catholic Catechism. Just because some minor denominations preach hell and damnation to others, doesn't mean the major denominations do.
AmericanFirst says the bible says non believers go to hell. I want you theists to discuss this but you won't. Why?
heaven won't be nearly as much fun if whiners like you are there.....therefore, we are keeping it a secret.......
Why would you think that angry, self-hating zealots such as yourself will get that free pass for The 72 virgins?
wrong religion cupcake......
Not at all. Your corrupted religion was perfected by a more recent religion. It says so in a holy text, therefore we know it's true.

You're free to believe in a corrupted ideology, but the gawds have no sense of humor when it comes to idolators and apostates.
wrong religion, cupcake.....

want to try that again in English?........
why is Islam so threatened by atheists talk? Reminds me of you Christians a couple few hundred years ago
can't speak to either question......I'm not a Muslim and I'm not two hundred years old.......though personally I doubt anyone was threatened by atheists a couple hundred years ago.....most folks probably weren't aware you existed......
imagine Saudi Arabia putting an atheist in prison for 10 years and possibly giving him 1000 lashes. it's obscene I will give you credit you Christians aren't nearly as bad as those other religious people the Muslims your retarded cousins
no great loss......its not like they imprisoned someone who would have been a benefit to all of society or something......
but see that's where you're wrong I always knew you religious people didn't really like freedom of speech
don't you see?.....the fact speech is free demonstrates what value it carries........

want to try that again in English?........
why is Islam so threatened by atheists talk? Reminds me of you Christians a couple few hundred years ago
can't speak to either question......I'm not a Muslim and I'm not two hundred years old.......though personally I doubt anyone was threatened by atheists a couple hundred years ago.....most folks probably weren't aware you existed......
imagine Saudi Arabia putting an atheist in prison for 10 years and possibly giving him 1000 lashes. it's obscene I will give you credit you Christians aren't nearly as bad as those other religious people the Muslims your retarded cousins
no great loss......its not like they imprisoned someone who would have been a benefit to all of society or something......
This is exactly what is wrong with religion
do you see how you are willing to give up freedom of speech if it offends your God. see how it could all be made up but even today you religious people don't want to have a real open and honest discussion about it in fact what seems like a good person such as yourself its okay with a person going to prison for 10 years just for being anti religion you are pathetic
lol.....you mean a real, open and honest discussion with people who do nothing but call us YEC?......speech is free......that does not guarantee its worth listening to.......

do you see how you are willing to give up freedom of speech if it offends your God. see how it could all be made up but even today you religious people don't want to have a real open and honest discussion about it in fact what seems like a good person such as yourself its okay with a person going to prison for 10 years just for being anti religion you are pathetic
lol.....you mean a real, open and honest discussion with people who do nothing but call us YEC?......speech is free......that does not guarantee its worth listening to.......
What's honest about pick and choose when it comes to the various bibles / gawds in those bibles?

What's honest about pick and choose when it comes to the various bibles / gawds in those bibles?
you are unable to comprehend choosing which deity to believe (or refuse to believe) in?.....I guess if you cannot understand honesty, its because you are a liberal..........

you are unable to comprehend choosing which deity to believe (or refuse to believe) in?.....I guess if you cannot understand honesty, its because you are a liberal..........
Even by your standards of pointless, that plumbed new lows of pointlessness.

what would you consider radical extreme Islam Muslims would you call them liberal or conservative?

what would you consider radical extreme Islam Muslims would you call them liberal or conservative?
thank God there are more than two words in my vocabulary........liberal is not even the only word I use to describe YOU......there is also idiotic, childish, shallow, inept......not to mention the disrespect you show your parents.......

Do you really think the Son of God came to earth to suffer and die for nothing?

If all paths lead to God, then Jesus coming to earth to die was a waste of time.

As far as what you believe, it is key to how you live your life. What you believe dictates how you will live.

An example are those who are religious and attend church frequently. On average, they give more of their time and money to help the poor than any other demographic, and the reason they do so boils down to what they believe.

thank God there are more than two words in my vocabulary........liberal is not even the only word I use to describe YOU......there is also idiotic, childish, shallow, inept......not to mention the disrespect you show your parents.......
that is the funniest thing I have ever heard everybody who knows me says what a wonderful person I am for helping take care of my parents when my dad is taking care of my mom who has Alzheimers. He's as dumb as you no offense to my dad or you but you just can not believe that all this happened without a creator. But what proof do either of you have of this nothing? then shut it lol something I can't say to my dad

well there are a lot of good people who do a lot of good things and they're not religious so so don't think that you guys have a new

If all paths lead to God, then Jesus coming to earth to die was a waste of time.

As far as what you believe, it is key to how you live your life. What you believe dictates how you will live.

An example are those who are religious and attend church frequently. On average, they give more of their time and money to help the poor than any other demographic, and the reason the so don't think that you guys have a new monopoly on being good. i and this is not bragging I'm a very beloved person everybody loves me so I guess God isn't necessary. maybe it is for you but that might be because you're weak minded person

An example are those who are religious and attend church frequently. On average, they give more of their time and money to help the poor than any other demographic, and the reason they do so boils down to what they believe.
think about the amount of suffering that occurs on this planet in the time that it takes me to say or type this text. So big deal that God came down and died once he suffered for 3 ddays. Bfd.

and it does seem like it was all for nothing adamandeve disappointed God so he destined them for suffering the people of planet Earth were horrible during Noah so God wiped everybody but Noah and his family out and now God had to send his son to Planet Earth because we were such bad people he had to sacrifice his son for us and now we are still a horrible people according to Christians and Jesus is going to come back someday and only Christians are going to go to heaven everyone else is going to either be here or go to Hell or whatever store you believe whatever mumbo jumbo

and if I wasn't on a smartphone I could show you that in every way a deus are better than religious people smarter more charitable less unplanned pregnancies poverty we are more liberal kind caring people. religious people are worried about what's going to happen to them after they die atheis worry about the planet and the human species continuing forever religious people are selfish

and if I wasn't on a smartphone I could show you that in every way a deus are better than religious people smarter more charitable less unplanned pregnancies poverty we are more liberal kind caring people. religious people are worried about what's going to happen to them after they die atheis worry about the planet and the human species continuing forever religious people are selfish

Sealy...brother....pal o'mine....how many times am I going to have to dispel these claims you make before you stop making such generalization and start engaging in a constructive discussion? I know you have it in you. You and I have found common ground several times, so I know you have the ability to have a constructive dialogue. Why do you continue with the same destructive rhetoric when you have shown the ability to be someone who can join people together instead of creating division?

Sealy...brother....pal o'mine....how many times am I going to have to dispel these claims you make before you stop making such generalization and start engaging in a constructive discussion? I know you have it in you. You and I have found common ground several times, so I know you have the ability to have a constructive dialogue. Why do you continue with the same destructive rhetoric when you have shown the ability to be someone who can join people together instead of creating division?
I'm sorry but that person is suggesting that because they are religious they are better people than us they are not in fact in a lot of ways I see them as being worse. not all of them I have admitted that. I didn't say all religious people are bad I just said religion is bad for people
that is the funniest thing I have ever heard everybody who knows me says what a wonderful person I am for helping take care of my parents.........He's as dumb as you
cough.....
I'm not going to sugar coat it if he's as dumb as you are that I'm going to say it just not to his face. But what I won't do is stop arguing with him because when he makes a false claim like how can the body be so perfect and the stars be so perfect and the Son and the chickens and the dogs and how everything works out perfectly science has an explanation for that does he want to hear it no so I guess you guys are the ones who are close minded

I'm sorry but that person is suggesting that because they are religious they are better people than us they are not in fact in a lot of ways I see them as being worse. not all of them I have admitted that. I didn't say all religious people are bad I just said religion is bad for people
that is the funniest thing I have ever heard everybody who knows me says what a wonderful person I am for helping take care of my parents.........He's as dumb as you
cough.....
I'm not going to sugar coat it if he's as dumb as you are that I'm going to say it just not to his face. But what I won't do is stop arguing with him because when he makes a false claim like how can the body be so perfect and the stars be so perfect and the Son and the chickens and the dogs and how everything works out perfectly science has an explanation for that does he want to hear it no so I guess you guys are the ones who are close minded
hey, just because you aren't as smart as you ought to be is no reason to say the human body isn't perfect.......be that as it may you shouldn't be surprised that someone says you are disrespecting your father while you are in the midst of disrespecting him........

I'm an agnostic. I cannot say whether or not there is a "god," but I am doubtful. I definitely don't believe in man-made religion or the Bible though! I believe the bible to be a collection of stories/parables that were made up by ancient ignorant people in order to try and explain things that happened in their world that they didn't understand. That's my opinion on religion/God/whatever.

Forum List

Back