Single vs Married

The lack of tolerance toward children is something that is quite telling for what is yet to come if we continue to press forward allowing such a thing to take place within our societies. :( We must retain our familial focus if we are to overcome and perhaps even overthrow the destructiveness of some of today's issues. Planning pregnancies and yet preventing pregnancies are different things. If a couple decides to not have children it limits their future achievements. Yet, it is a choice that many make and are not necessarily wrong in doing so.

What I have noticed it is the young people with good jobs and careers who decide to put off having children or forego it completely, but unemployed idiots who smoke pot all day have no problem having 4 or 5 kids, it baffles me.

Too stoned to care. Sex is just another way to get a high going. There are sooooooo many problems associated with the drug epidemic, including the secondary one related to drug use, which is HIV infection being passed to multiple partners and those multiple partners passing it to other multiple partners. It literally makes me sick to my stomach that we can't get a handle on the problem and I rarely dwell on it for that reason. There is no answer.

As I had my four just leaving the house to go to the store for groceries proved to be a challenge and I have two sets of grandparents that readily help. I missed my friends but many things that were fitting prior to my having children are not at all fitting now. The fact that there is a type of maturity that comes about by having children what may seem to be a sacrifice to many is quite the opposite to some. So many things that others also seem to take for granted come to be really appreciated by those that have less exposure to such. Like dinner and movies on date night.... Staying up later because one can sleep in a little the next day.... Quiet moments. Living life does not have to be expensive, however, some seem to not be able to 'have a good time' without spending a small fortune on whatever they choose to do to 'pass the time'.

Well things have changed dramatically, just going out for a few drinks with my girlfriend and some hot wings cost $80 the other week, I couldn't even imagine going out to dinner with a couple kids, I guess thats why McDonalds dollar menu was created I guess.:(

For "going out to dinner" with kids in a more upscale place than McD's, I always thought Denny's or even places like Ponderosa (cafeteria style) was a happy medium but of course even than get expensive if it's a once a week event. I'll bet you could do a party of four in $30 to $50. (And here's a hint, Gravity: Most women actually like it if their boyfriend can show her he's conscientious about money but also wants to show her the best time he can afford. And when the time comes you can take her to a really nice (expensive and classy) restaurant, it will be even more special. If she looks down on you for either, dump her. She's not worth it.)

Now that I think about it, smaller family-owned Mexican and Italian restaurants often have much better food and lower prices than the big chains or most popular among the natives. Some don't even care if you BYOB, unless it's against some city/town ordinance.

Being single now is wild, I can't lie I did enjoy it. People nowadays are just looking for a good time not to realy invest in a long term relationship, and its not just the younger women who have this attitude, most divorcees and cougars I have been with are the same way. Very casual, one of us would call each other, go over there, have sex, order some take out, watch movies etc and leave, I had a couple older ladies on call like this. One of them even caught me making out with a girl I met from Iran at a bar, I thought she would be pissed at first but she told me not to trip off it. Needless to say this kind of lifestyle requires condoms 24/7. Its hectic, but alot less stressful than being in a marriage from my experience.

This is not a judgement, in fact hats off...but I am not cut out for the FWB thing - I think I'd rather ONS. :lol:

To be honest when I was doing the friends with benefits thing it was the most stress free time of my life.

I don't think so, or you'd still be doing it. You obviously knew something was missing.

I was married for a total of 20 years and have been single for a total of 29 years. (including wee baby years)
I didn't like being a married person, but then- maybe it was the men I was married to, and not the title itself~
I enjoyed the 1980s. I was so single then.....best year of my life was 1983.
Well....I'm getting off track a bit, sorry.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back